It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News article says US skies as dangerous as Korean War skies in the 50's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I stumbled onto a site that had a good link to this recent News article.
Apparently upper USAF brass in the 50's had indeed stated they were actively scrambling against UFO's(Ramey). Other things in this article say that we had more Home military crashes than in the Korean operations at the time and that this could have been due too the USAF's dogfighting or chasing of UFO's.
A very interesting read and some pretty good Gov figures almost substantiating
the articles subject story.
www.heraldtribune.com...

If that link doesnt work you can get it from where I found it.
www.anomalies.net...

[edit on 19-2-2008 by VType]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I was just at that article (which everyone should read) you posted and started this thread about, and came here to see if anyone put "it up" you did

Anyway , when you read it, it is amazing!! If true, it is proof the the "PTB", have been screwing with everybody for decades,lying thier powerful butts off!!

This information, is the stuff that needs to be talked about, by the media, to the politicians, and the folks we elect!! I'm so sick of the snide remarks of the news media, everytime the subject of UFO's presents itself. There are never any follow-ups to important cases, never any representation by our state representitives, nada! nothing. The only folks that try to get the information released , are the few UFO investigators that dare asking questions or enter the "hall of mirrors" only to be told to "go ask somebody else, "we" don't have those reconds..ad infinitum.

One interesting bit of information in that article was this..

TextFeschino’s riskiest scenario occurs on Sept. 12, 1952, when sightings over the eastern seaboard were widespread and documented in the press. Thanks to inconsistencies and contradictions in Air Force records, Feschino projects that a dogfight started that afternoon over the Gulf of Mexico near Tampa, engaged other jets off the Virginia coast during the early evening, and resulted in several direct hits on UFOs, one of which went down in West Virginia in front of eyewitnesses. A military search team was dispatched to recover debris near the rural town of Flatwoods.

Man that is something!! There probably is alot more "old" cases..that the "government has "dis-informatined" on, that its probably almost impossible to get to the bottom of any paper trail that might still exist.

great article!!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

[edit on 19-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah RUFFREADY Im currently searching for these 50's era articles and so far some speak of scrambling jets and training missions fighter crashes,etc...
I guess this is all out there but scattered everywhere. And for someone like Ramey and his Top Brass too make such statements is incredible.
Im sure theres more too come.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

Lol, that's a poor title. There's quite a bit of difference between:
US skies as dangerous as Korean skies in the 50's
US skies as dangerous as Korean skies in the 50's

Its an interesting read anyway. Obviously they took it serious.

top topics

join