It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High altitude explosion this AM. (meteor?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here are some stills

Tela

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
hahah... it looks like a scene from Transformers... lol
does anyone know of anymore vid's or photos out there?
Great pics btw...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Follow the below link to find several related videos!!!!!
6 Different vids of the same event?

www.kndo.com...

Yeah, this is cool! I have never actually seen one before... the first vid on this link in the best one...
(Videos on center of page called - video now!!!!)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This picture is amazing...I sure wish I had seen it. But alas I was sleeping.

Tela

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey ya'll

I saw that this morning on my way into work. It was quite a sight, I've never witnessed an entry before. Cool stuff.

It was a strange whiteish green sort of hue and looked as though it came straight down and then had the impact flash.

Gotta admit, I thought it was a rocket from a plane or something at first.

Still seems to be of curious timing to me, what with the whole incoming satellite thing going down any day now.

And as mentioned above, with all the current attention to the sky shouldn't someone have noticed beforehand?

Weird.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
cnn has a great video of it, here it is www.cnn.com...#/video/tech/2008/02/19/vo.wa.meteor.krem

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

sweet tela free

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

That's what I thought when I read this thread...

"They shot it down already?" and then after reading the thread... realized how close this impact is to the potential impact of this here satellite...

Strange how that is a coincidence...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I find it pretty funny after TU24 and the one they announced just one day before that people still are not catching on yet. Its not going to be one big one.

The reason they can't tell you is they are too small to see until they begin to burn on entry. Each one hitting the ground at the weight of a talent?

The planets orbit the Sun, and our solar system is also moving around the milky way? Doesn't that mean our whole solar system is traveling through space we haven't been through before?

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What do you know, I was sleeping as well. Many friends at work saw it though. I live right South of Walla Walla and work there as well. Some felt a pretty big seimic wave that made their house tremble. It lasted about 2 or 3 seconds. Some say it came down between Othello and Colfax. It would nice to make a run out there and look around, but I'd have to have more specific location or you could waste a lot of time looking.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I live in Tampa.
Gotta leave this screen now to get a flight to Walla Walla.
See you on E-BAY.
Providing, of course, it was THE sattelite.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

The planets orbit the Sun, and our solar system is also moving around the milky way? Doesn't that mean our whole solar system is traveling through space we haven't been through before?

isnt that pretty *gosh darn* awesome to think about, everything just constatnly moving and growing and never touching anything twice in a way

its awesome to think

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/19/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Originally posted by Illahee

Actually, there's evidence to suggest our solar system is not from "here."

Imagine the shock of growing up in a loving family with people you call "Mum" and "Dad" and then, suddenly, learning that you are actually adopted!

This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

The fact that the Milky Way is seen in the sky at an angle has always puzzled astronomers. If we originated from the Milky Way, we ought to be oriented to the galaxy's ecliptic, with the planets aligned around our Sun in much the same angle as our Sun aligns with the Milky Way. Instead, as first suggested by researcher Matthew Perkins Erwin, the odd angle suggests that our Sun is influenced by some other system. Together with data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey we now know what it is. We actually belong to the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy.
Source | Viewzone | Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!

Wild, huh?

It certainly could be a contributing factor to debris threatening the Earth.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Don't waste those rolling papers yet, this can go real deep if you care to look down that rabbit hole.....

So the milky way toots and we pass though the fumes which are actually meteors.....nice.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Do we know as a fact that this was a meteor yet???? Everyone seems to be assuming it was, but do we know as a fact? Was anyone hurt? Any details at all on this? Sorry for all the questions, but everything considered here the lack of information is equally disturbing as the event itself.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm actually just South of Seattle, but I just missed seeing the meteor, as I was just getting to sleep when it passed over. Oh well, I just wish I was there right now to pick up the little bugger. Might be worth something.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I live in Calgary and heard on the morning news that many people called in saying they saw the same thing.The reporter continued, saying they had confirmation from Oregon that a meteor had passed by.

From this local article,the meteorite passed by my area.
Calgary Herald

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A pilot flying over Idaho saw an illuminated object streek through the sky twards Washington and reckoned it was a meteor. Thats it. That is what they are saying was a Federal report. Great thread, and Im flagging it. I am anxious to hear exactly what it was.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
Try this link...
www.kgw.com...
Tela

I did and still nothing but a message saying "loading video"
which never loads. It may be an active-X control which is
proprietory to IE. Maybe somebody can put it on youtube
or google with a link

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StoneGarden

Follow the below link to find several related videos!!!!!
6 Different vids of the same event?

www.kndo.com...

Yeah, this is cool! I have never actually seen one before... the first vid on this link in the best one...
(Videos on center of page called - video now!!!!)

Anyone watch the second one from the air national guard? Notice something really strange about it? Almost looks like it was exploded somehow right before hitting the physical earth.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by GArnold]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join