It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are granted one wish, what would you choose?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Im lucky i already have that one i think.

Take it easy man.

Regards
Lee

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah... my first thought would be to wish to be an all powerful deity... then I could make all my other wishes come true without any help. Beyond that, there's nothing that would truly maximize the potential of the wish... but I guess my second wish would have to be for an enlightened alien race to show up here on earth (ah, what the hell, make it dec 21, 2012) make peaceful contact and offer to take humanity under its wing.... why am I thinking earth final conflict? Just without all the chaotic interspecies wars, religious fanatics, etc...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonicAngelZero

With you on that one brother.

Not the earth final conflict crap tho.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 19-2-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wish for an active society where everyone actually works.

[edit on 2/19/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"If wishes were horses beggars would ride" and with that said, I genuinely wish for honest and inspiring leadership from whoever is fool enough to want the job and would win without the taint of a contested or dishonest election. I thought I was living in some South American country in the 2000 debacle and 2004 wasn't much better.
When are we going to get rid of the Electoral College??? I have yet to hear a credulous explanation for its relativity today in the 21st Century.
It is sometimes asked if our leaders reflect us (the populace) or vise versa. Whichever, it's been both sorry leadership and a sorry group of "sheeple" these past twenty years for my beloved country - the US of A.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well I thought about this one for about a minute.

I wish that all humans would suddenly grow an extra sense. This sense would of the "third eye" nature, and would permit telepathic communication. This newfound telepathic ability would prevent the ability for anyone to have private thought, and would open everyone's eyes to all deceit. Then the Earth and humanity would finally be free of lies, albeit some chaos would most certainly follow, I am sure we could overcome and evolve into some peaceful people.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would Wish too Evolve and fly away!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that if I only had one single wish, it would be a bit of a selfish one. I wouldn't wish for world peace, cuz I believe you need conflict to eveolve. And also if The Simpsons have taught us anything, it's "don't wish for world peace" cuz when you do, the aliens will be able to take us over with their boards with nails in them. I personally wouldn't wish for money, cuz I have the few things I want. A high def TV, a Playstation 3, a vehicle, and I always got a bag of good buds. But I'm sure the wish I do make would make me all the money I need anyway. Well I guess my wish is a toss up between 2 things. I would want either a real Light Saber. Or perhaps 2 of them. 1 light saber, and one small shoto light saber. Or my other wish would be simply to have a much larger penis. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had to think about this one for a couple hours
before I came to the conclusion that my wish would be
useless if spent in this lifetime. So my wish would be for a utopia
or a heaven in the next lifetime as this world is too far gone to
waste it on this planet. Save it for the next one !!! (retroactive)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'd wish for a Genie like the one in I Dream of Genie. You know what I'm talkin' about, and that one comes with unlimited wishes. How cool is that!

Then I'd fix the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

I laughed so hard at your post

I hope the last part doesn't get edited by the mods. LOL

Soooo many selfish wishes people!

I am ashamed hardly anyone has wished things for other people

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would wish for 100% access/use of my Brain.

I'm sure I could change the world.....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My one wish would be, get rid of the dollar, and the government.
Ups for the Thousand wishes well said lol. I havnth thought hard about it so i just put whatever was on my mind right now.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wouldn’t want to be a god because that would mean I would have too much responsibility…

May be an all powerful immortal “wizard”????

I wouldn’t fix the world but I would put in certain changes:-

- Like the disappearance of all weapons of mass destruction.

- All technologies would be open for everyone to use and further man kind.

- The use of diplomacy and to instill the true sense of Democracy throughout the world.

- Give everybody the ability to speak English.

- I would also limit religion to a sense of theology and philosophy and not an excuse for war or “peacekeeping” or robbing people of their money.

- Have the top scientists and researchers of the world come together as a think tank to work out the problems of the world like, disease, environmental issues, over-population, poverty etc.

This would still leave humanity with the ability to grow. Of course every now and then I would have to come back like a teacher with my big ruler and smack a few knuckles if people try anything stupid.

Some of it sounds a little biased or unfair but hey I’m not a God remember just an all powerful immortal wizard.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the end of disease.
which sadly, would interfer with the livelihoods of those thousands of people associated with the health industry, from doctors to naturopaths to homeopathy and kinesology, from acupunture to surgery and dentistry.

i apologize in advance to those individuals and add that the money you would personally save, as a medical person could be used to learn something else interesting, like astronomy or geology or something.

if this is not acceptable, i could modify it to
healthy wealthy and wise.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
500 billion dollars. With that I could do anything. Have them freeze my head at moment of death and put it on the body of a poor person
Keep on truckin

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My wish is simple, for my children to live long, happy, rich lives. Not rich as in money, but rich as in wisdom, love, friendship, etc. But if they were wealthy too that's good. Then when I get old they can buy me designer diapers and hire a hot male nurse to change them for me. Woohoo.

Seriously, just want happiness for my children, selfish yes, but if they are happy then they can make other people happy, like someone else said, it's a ripple effect.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would wish to know everything in the universe and be able to articulate my knowledge. With that, one could cure disease, increase wealth, solve energy and pollution issues, as well as the truth of everything throughout time.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would wish for no more Madness in the world.
Without this we could achieve world peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I would wish that all beings would have fully conscious Awareness of who and what they REALLY are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join