It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An awesome link about Padre Pio, one of many stigmatist..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Here goes, this is an awesome link about padre Pio, please read it. He is one of the stigmatist of the last century, sadly hes not known alot throughout the world.....

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com...

peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You're linky is in pdf format. Doesn't open properly. Goes straight into 'wordpad'.

Have another one available?

I'd like to read it!

Thanks

~Ducky~

[edit on 19-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And read the first paragraph..

Many people do this in their hearts. they say they want the good things in life, then they will convert to God, he calls it sins against Gods mercy..

Its like if you had a freind, and you wronged them, how long would it take you to apologize?

Thats what some do to God, we are supposed to go to our feinds immediatly after wronging them...

its an awesome book.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ducky, what does the link say on your comp...?
it works perfectly for me..

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

When I clicked on the link it opens up into 'File Download'.

Name: PadrePio.pdf
Type: pdf_auto_file, 1.52MB

So I retyped your link to:

Most Holy Family Monestary

If you click on my link, what 'search words' to you type, to bring me to the book you mentioned?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ducky go here and look for one of the l links, its near the top it says Padre Pio on it..

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com...

peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Eureka! Linky worked!

Going to read it now.

Merci Beaucoup!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
um...disclaimer: no stigmatist has ever been scientifically verified as being subject to supernatural phenomenon

to be honest, it kind of sounds like scurvy....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Get out of here!!

I cant believe im looking at Padres picture on the middle of this thread, how does bts do that?

(eurika)

wow. I havent heard that in a long time Ducky..

(merci Beaucuop)

No clue what that means..

also notice his stained shirt... He suffered, God allowed him to share in Jesus sufferings for souls... as God said to carry your cross....

alot of people wouldnt give up their last slice of pizza for others, while this guy got beat by demons daily for souls....

The mystery is that they have true humility, so what that means is that its nothing more than Christ working through them, so its actually christ suffering through the saints, and he ties this in with what he suffered on the cross... In a myteryious time continuim type of ordeal......

its hard to explain...

Madness.....:bnghd:

madness you dont have to believe, but I do..... go read about Gemma, the way she recieved the stigmata is so sincere and innocent... its a literal gift I believe.

God bless you.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
madness you dont have to believe, but I do..... go read about Gemma, the way she recieved the stigmata is so sincere and innocent... its a literal gift I believe.

sorry, but there's absolutely no evidence to support supposed stigmatists as being sincere.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Originally posted by JesusisTruth

God allowed him to share in Jesus sufferings for souls... as God said to carry your cross....

alot of people wouldnt give up their last slice of pizza for others, while this guy got beat by demons daily for souls....

Well, that was mighty generous of G, to share his pain and suffering.
Remind me not to add him to my list of friends.

JIT, you have such a good heart and are so well intentioned, but you crack me up at times my friend.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

J.I.T. Has a 'well-meaning' heart.

He's searching for the 'truth' like the rest of us.

I don't feel 'ill-will' from the guy at all.

He shares, and tries to get his meaning across the best way that he can.

I think He enjoys being on the 'boards' with the rest of us; doesn't want to cause too much of a ruckous, and wants to 'connect' with us - in many ways.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with you.
I have a lot of time and respect for him.

He just cracks me up some times.
The last thing I would ever want to do is offend him and I sincerely hope I haven't.

Just because I don't agree with some of his opinions doesn't mean I don't like or respect him.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Freeborn

" you crack me up sometimes "

I dont know if you mean by my jokes or by my views? anyways you can think how you will, im not offended....

Madness...

The evidence is there, those people were examined by doctors.. I have Gemmas book about her life... Her wounds (get this) they healed seconds after having huge holes in them...

There is no way a wound that deep (the doctor she went to said) could heal that fast.....

The way she recieved the stigmata was sincere, ikt didnt come from an unsincere motive..

while you still believe they havent proved it, you havent disproved it, and this is where open mindedness comes in.....

Ducky...

God bless you!!!!!!!!

thats all im trying to do, you dont even have to read my post if you dont want to, but for souls who will, thats why I post this stuff....

peace.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Both at times.

I assure you, I have never intended to offend you or your beliefs.
I just don't agree with you at times.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ouch

Stigmatists suffer all right. They pick holes in themselves when they think no-one is looking.

It is well established that many stigmatics were engaging in trickery. For instance, Magdalena de la Cruz confessed, during a serious illness in 1543, that her stigmata had been faked. In 1587, Maria de la Visitacion, known as the "holy nun of Lisbon," was caught painting fake wounds on her hands. Pope Pius IX privately branded as a fraud Palma Maria Matarelli (1825-1888), stating that "she has befooled a whole crowd of pious and credulous souls." And more recently, in 1984, an Italian court convicted stigmatic Gigliola Giorgini of fraud (Wilson 1988, 26, 42, 147).

The twentieth century's two best-known stigmatics-Theresa Neumann and Padre Pio-were suspected of deception. A Professor Martini who conducted a surveillance of Neumann observed that blood would flow from her wounds only when he was persuaded to leave the room, as if something "needed to be hidden from observation" (Wilson 1988, 53, 114-115). And a pathologist who examined Padre Pio concluded that his wounds were superficial at best and that the side "wound" had not penetrated the skin at all (Ruffin 1982, 146-154, 305).

Believe me, that's only scratching the surface. The case for stigmatism is full of holes...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

ZING!

anyway, yes, that is true. there are now allegations surfacing that pio put some sort of salve on his hands that kept wounds open...

also, i have to point out exactly how similar to scurvy this all sounds.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thats BS lies!

St Gemma also had the stigmata.. Not only in the (view) of relatives and priest did her wounds heal instantly after bleeding, a doctor exclaimed that to be impossible but the way she recieved the stigmata was sincere as ever...

you guys don't understand ( I have read Padres story ) btw how sincere the saints were.... they dont lie.. I know I wouldnt...

The reason Padre didnt have the side wound fully is that it would cost too much blood if it was just like Jesus....

This is more of the age of lies we are in..... you guys can believe what you want...

peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
and I like how they say (it has holes) no pun intended....

basically they can just ignore the fact that Padre did countless curings his whole life, raised a dead girl to life, told people their sins in confession and whose whole life was one big miracle...

I have seen miracles so I know its true.... people can believe what they want..

peace.

top topics

join