It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia - It's a boring country.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
internos

I neglected to thank you for the great links in your post. That will keep me busy for a little while this weekend.

cheers and take care
res

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StuNice
Hey hey,

This is my first post on ATS, I've been checking in out since around xmas.

StuNice

Welcome to ATS good budy.. and to my sharp friends list

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfaRedMan, in your opinion, what's the best australian case, i mean the most well documented one? It would be a great idea to start a discussion about some single case, imho.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

There's many listed in links at the start of the thread posted by your kind self. The Fred Valentich case is a good start, it has much documentation as well as photographic and radar evidence.

There is also the case of the Nolan Family who's car was attacked, or attempted to be lifted off the road while traveling the Nullabor Plain between Perth and Adelaide. Many physical traces were left behind on the car including 4 dints on the roof where the UFO attempted to latch-on. There was a black powder residue left over the car and a tyre or two was blown out when the UFO released the car and it fell a few feet back to the road. Physical markings of this event were also left on the road.

There's also the Kelly Cahil case where there were independent witnesses at the site of the abduction. To add to this, there were many corroborative sightings of the same objects in that area at the time, including my own.

I know you wanted just one but 3 is better.

BTW what does IMHO mean? Is it friendly, sarcastic or arrogant? I'm not up with web-speak so if you could straighten that out, I may have a better idea of where your comment is 'coming from'.

[edit on 2/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
BTW what does IMHO mean? Is it friendly, sarcastic or arrogant? I'm not up with web-speak so if you could straighten that out, I may have a better idea of where your comment is 'coming from'.

Welcome to acronym land InfaRedMan

It's short for 'in my humble opinion'

The Valentich case has so much evidence like official radio transcripts and even land-based witnesses of an object emerging from the ocean matching the description Fred gave of the glowing object. Those witnesses gave their accounts well before the transcripts were made public yet they managed to describe independantly exactly what Fred did. There was a suggestion that he'd become disoriented and was flying inverted looking at the reflection of his plane in the water but his plane was not reknowned for a bright green glow.

Bass Strait is the aussie version of the Bermuda Triangle with lots of very mysterious disappearances of small craft over the years.

The Nolan case on the Nullarbor defies conventional explanation too. For our overseas viewers, Nullarbor means 'no trees' and that area is the world's largest single piece of limestone occupying some 200 000km^2. It's riddled with flooded underground caves accessed by natural sink holes in the huge flat desert. It boasts the longest section of straight flat road in the world at almost 100 miles long.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by Pilgrum]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Thanks for supplying the members here at ATS some further info on Australian Accounts. I am as aware of these facts as your kind self. It's UFO folklore over here. Sadly - it seems this evidence hasn't met the eye of many on the other side of the pacific.

The sad thing about the Nolan's was that they were visibly "country folk" so to speak - and didn't the media jump onto that in every effort to discredit them!

I would personally feel hesitant of traveling The Nullarbor due to that story. It was all-too-real for me. Sent a huge chill down my spine I can tell you!

Oh - great picture of the Nullarbor BTW. It really is baron and isolated. If anyone wants to know where the Nullarbor is - just look at my Avatar. My right big toe points directly to it.

Lastly - thanks for clearing up the IMHO acronym. I feared it may be something like laughing (lowercase L) my head off or something, simply because some people in the thread have been 'bagging' Australia unfairly.

[edit on 3/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There was a rash of sightings in the vicinity of the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor shortly after it was commissioned too. A few times I even rode my motorcycle out there at night and parked in the scrub off Heathcote Rd hoping to see something but saw nothing unusual.

Those 'flying saucer nests' in the cane fields at Tully in QLD caused quite a sensation in their day with sightings of glowing disks zooming off when disturbed. Must see if I can find any media reports on those incidents.

The 1966 Tully 'nests' were the first recorded crop circles btw

Tully nest

[edit on 3/3/2008 by Pilgrum]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

The 1966 Tully 'nests' were the first recorded crop circles btw

Tully nest

Indeed they were, I have an amazing interview with the owner of the farm, the lady that originally found them in the field. A lady hardly taken by sensationalism. For me, this particular incident holds more water than many of the amazing geometric circles/patterns we are seeing in England today. They simply weren't a 'fad' back then.

Also to add to this is the large distances one must travel in Aus to get to these places. Much harder than England and Europe. The access to wheat and cereal fields over in the UK is simple by comparison so your less likely to see copy-cat behaviors.

Though I'm not saying all crop circles in the UK are fake - far from it. I just love the simplicity of the Tully circles. There seems to be no 'EGO' involved in their design.

[edit on 3/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

First of all, thank you for providing these hints, ( and thank to Pilgrum too )
: now i'll try to take a look on ATS forum history and once assested the less covered case here, i'll try to get as much infos as possible about it.
My opinion is really a humble one, because i have always something to learn by someone, especially by the people who know realities that i don't know almost at all, like the Australian one. Frankly, for me i'ts sad that you may have considered as an option that it was intended as sarcastic or arrogant: i'm used to respect everyone, and despite i have many faults and i make many mistakes, well i will never be arrogant, and i apologize if my message could have been interpreted in such a way: english is not my native language, so my messages could be often written in a some wrong way.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Here's some more info on the Tully area sightings and, more interestingly, the filmed evidence that oddly went missing in transit never to be seen again. It wasn't an isolated single incident and sightings went on there over a period of months with lots of national media coverage - we all wanted to go to Tully in those days to see for ourselves

here

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

No need for apologies Internos!!! I just wasn't sure so I posed the question before I reacted in a stupid way
. I didn't know what IMHO meant. I wanted to be careful due to some of the negative nay-sayers that posted earlier in the thread. I also mentioned "freindly" in the question

Again, thankyou for your fantastic contributions that I see throughout ATS on a regular basis! And... your inglés es fantástico!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
InfaRedMan, in your opinion, what's the best australian case

As metioned by a couple of people, it's probably the Valentich case that's most famous.

Last night, Paul Norman (an old-time researcher) stated that he couldn't recall any other pilots being taken after Valentich. I wonder if this is true? Paul would be in a position to know, as he researched that case from when it happened. Was Valentich the last pilot taken, back in October 1978?

Another case that will receive some new publicity is the Westall sighting in Victoria. Shane Ryan, a researcher, is due to release a documentary about the incident later this year (despite the case occuring in 1966). A UFO was seen landing near a High School. The students and teachers were threatened not to speak by a number of authorities who arrived to cover-up the event, which was witnessed by many of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The best place I found to start on Australian UFO's was Bill Chalker's site on the ADF files up to 1984. I am pretty sure this was linked earlier.

www.theozfiles.com...

These gave a good insight for me into the events that happened with some handy commentary to put them into perspective. It's a long read but covers all the major ones I think. The one I found most interesting were the black triangles out near Exmouth in WA. It is fun to use google earth to find the sites they are talking about

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Maybe UFO's come out of hollow earth on top of the North pole and they never get that far down to Australia. Then again Austrailains don't live in the middle of the country it's all desert they all live by the coast.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Respectively Time Lord - The Hollow Earth is an entirely different unsubstantiated animal that can only serve to pollute this thread. Can we please keep it to Australian sightings without throwing in other 'non related' conspiracies?

Thats something suitable to an entirely different thread. Perhaps you can start one?

Cheers, InfraRedman

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just saw this footage while browsing youtube today. It's pretty good footage perhaps you might try filming the skies as he did as he said he was already filming when the ufo just showed up.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Try camping up in the Glass House mountains. There are always strange lights that move too fast to be planes. While you are there talk to the locals and you will get some great stories and the will tell you when and where.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hi all..great stuff from down under, but please be aware of possible hoaxes. See the links:

www.christopherkenworthy.com...

www.ufowatchdog.com...

bump for this thread anyway..keep it up aussies

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Again INTERNOS and InfaRedMan bring quality and purpose to another post. Star for both.

The Pine Gap facility is the real one, absolutely in the middle of nowhere and as such not much data but Wycliffe Well is a hot spot and it’s not too far away from P.G.

There's many listed in links at the start of the thread posted by your kind self. The Fred Valentich case is a good start, it has much documentation as well as photographic and radar evidence.

There is also the case of the Nolan Family who's car was attacked, or attempted to be lifted off the road while traveling the Nullabor Plain between Perth and Adelaide. Many physical traces were left behind on the car including 4 dints on the roof where the UFO attempted to latch-on. There was a black powder residue left over the car and a tyre or two was blown out when the UFO released the car and it fell a few feet back to the road. Physical markings of this event were also left on the road.

[edit on 2/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

I have travelled the Nullarbor Plain a few times and it is the loneliest and barren Highway in the country.

www.kevinswilderness.com...

There is a large sink hole out there that needs to be investigated

www.southaustralia.com...

www.trimixdivers.com...;jsessionid=4DF01CCD8CB92C8A86775301E6118686?tableName=caves&code=cocklebiddy_cave

BTW there is no secret as we all know the truth

As for the best Australian cases the two quoted here are the ones.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BladeGlint

Thanks for the kind words BladeGlint! Welcome to my ATS friends list!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join