It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the most powerful weapon ever?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Sorry, but wrong. Antimatter is very real and already being "produced" in very very small amounts (1 billionth of a gram in the last 10 years) at CERN
Too complicated for a weapon and at least at the moment much too pricey to produce at weapon grade.

Most effective weapon - nature and it's mechanisms, if used against anything. Just look at how many entire species it has destroyed during the last few million years and when you consider that a simple little thing like the influenza virus could wipe us off the planet in a matter of weeks, you can realize it's potential. And sooner or later this nature thing will start to take a good look at us, remind us of the good old balance thing that has worked for quite a time now and we'll see that we didn't think our cunning plan all the way through.

And there's not even a need for any kind of intelligence.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a gamma bob that after detonated realeases anthrax and aids virus and makes people go insane being developed by england

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
THE HUMAN MIND....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dray3000
a gamma bob that after detonated realeases anthrax and aids virus and makes people go insane being developed by england

A gamma bob eh?
Must be quite a fearsome chap. What happened to alpha and beta bobs?

But more seriously, what's the OP's definitions for power and weapon?
But for my 2 cents (Euro), disregarding the aforemention weapons of mass desruction, I think Dora, a German train cannon may take the prize.
An 800mm bore train cannon,she weighed in at a sprightly 1,350 tonnes, required 13 trainloads of equipment and 2000 men to assemble and 'she' fired a 7 ton shell up to 40km.
At 7 tons, the shell doesn't have to be explosive or armour piercing (though apparently they could be), it just had to hit somewhere near.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the 'weapon' you're talking about is more of a strategy.

denial of resources

in earthly terms this means Famine, first and foremost. nothing comes even close, provided you have the time.

PS: there are of course various ways to cause it, of course, i'll mention the following thread for completeness' sake: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2008.8.14 by Long Lance]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Rail gun. The sheer impact of the force vaporises its target. Although a hydrogen bomb is the bear. Or the human minds that think up better ways of killing every day.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ohio class ballistic missile submarine.

1 submarine = 24 trident II missiles x 12 warheads per missile =288 independently targetted nuclear missiles.

288 300kt warheads = game over.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm with Vanguard on that one, and agree with Westy on the philosophical rubbish!

The Ohio class, as a complete standalone weapon system has to be the most powerful weapon currently in service, or ever in service. Controlled be a couple of men, the potential to kill millions, by far the most powerful weapon system every developed.

I see biological weapons as the next most lethal, and only second to nukes due to their development being banned by international protocol, and their self limiting nature. The Russians had a substantial development program until 1992, this is now decommissioned.
I believe the use of these weapons is self restricting, that is to say that once introduced into a population the virus cannot be easily controlled or restrained. A virus could easily mutate, negating the affect of immunisation programs deployed by the weapon releaser, therefore risking the ultimate 'back-fire'.

Chemical weapons come third, limited by the ability to deploy the agent over a massive area via aerosol.
One book I read recently described the use of cooling systems used in ,typically American, facilities such as football stadiums and theme parks. These cooling devices spray a fine mist of water in front of a high power fan, blowing cooling water over the crowd.
The book hypothocised that a terrorist could contaminate the water supply with either a chemical or biological agent, thus providing the perfect weapon delivery to 1000's of people. If the agent were biological, secondary transmission could occur thus infecting many more than those present at the event. On the other hand, nerve agents such as Sarin, VX, Cyclosarin, Tabun etc would only affect the local population who come in contact with the vapour, secondary transmission would be unlikely due to the high volatility of these agents.

As for anti-matter weapons, they are total fantasy. Sure, anti-matter exists, but to create anywhere near enough to use as a viable weapon would take billions of years. The Athena and Atrap experiments at CERN produced millions of antihydrogen atoms, even if you took all the antimatter ever created at CERN and anilihated it, you would have enough power to light a 60W bulb for a couple of minutes.
To create enough to use as a WMD it would take literally billions of years! see CERN website
Two billion years to make a bomb equivalent to the hiroshima weapon.

So....nuclear weapon systems it is.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hate is the most powerful weapon in the world, probably universe. Hate can compel one to do the most atrocious of things. Hate leads to destruction. Combine Hate with a dose of Fear, and you have an unstoppable force.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In Kanata we have the KEY . It is the KEY to our future as a people . It is an X plane that flyz at 50 000 MPH . It carries 20 bombs and people , the bombs are tipped and laser guided and it is designed for native racist pilots .

Purssia and Mongolia have a KEY as well , it is the top plane in our 3 countries air force . It isnt flown by fakes , it is for Government born people like myself .

Our KEY card is made by GREY . Only I can get one if needed , I used to have one , so did my father . Its not such a big deal in peacetime but when we are at war like right now it is a big discussion with our city eskimoes . They like it .

I will be flyin it soon with a deathray at my side most likely , no one is in the few KEY planes we have right now besides spooky and his security people . He flys it instead of his own planes because the Amerikan mongos go ape# when they see spookys planes that we own in Kanata as pilots and Government persons . Male native racists only in the planes besides Spooky security . The plane sounds nice I like hearing it fly by .

[edit on 19-8-2008 by jokerdazey2]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Cocaine is a terrible drug.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join