It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic trailers from FEMA are unacceptable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Toxic trailers from FEMA are unacceptable

www.pennlive.com

...many of those trailers have been found to be contaminated with toxic formaldehyde at five times the levels found in new housing. This can lead to breathing problems and may cause cancer. Most shocking of all, however, is that FEMA knew for many months that large numbers of trailers were contaminated with unhealthy levels of formaldehyde but failed to inform the occupants or move them to other quarters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.caycompass.com
www.klfy.com
www.manilastandardtoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FEMA Trailers are Toxic, CDC Says Residents Must be Moved

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Whoa... I had a strange feeling we were going to hear more about something like this!!!

www.pennlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Is there anybody in the LA/ (I had to edit this... Being Canadian I thought they were talking about Los Angeles) Louisianna Area to attend this meeting?

www.insurancejournal.com...

Hopefully, someone could go to this meeting, and get some "Public" information...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

The meetings are set for Feb. 25 in Baker; Feb. 26 in New Orleans; Feb. 27 in Chalmette and Jefferson; and Feb. 28 in Lake Charles.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I lived and worked the Mississippi gulf coast as a FEMA contractor inspector for two years after Katrina. People started getting sick the summer of 06 when the weather got hot. It stayed in the local news all summer 06 and 07. FEMA intially did testing and said only low levels of formaldehyde were detected but that people should open their windows if they got headaches. At the same time they instructed FEMA trailer inspectors not to enter during hot weather over health concerns.

I also heard multiple reports of the Army Corp and rebuilding of the levees in New Orleans. Independent oversight tests were constantly performed on the material used to fill the levees and over and over the Army Corp contractors were sighted for using what amounted to sawdust. There would be a big stink by the Army Corp, the contractors reprimanded, sawdust removed, and then the same problem next week.

There is so much corruption and graft in that region. I was involved in auditing the work performed by independent contractors. We eventually determined that 2.2 billion of the 4.2 billion spent was stolen or could not be accounted for. I could have earned triple my salary by taking kickbacks and was treated with suspicion because I did not, but the majority of others did. If it wasn't cash payments, it was any gifts you wanted and even expensive condo rentals that were priceless because housing was nonexistent. I lived in tent for 2 months. I only had one goal working there. Don't die in Mississippi.

new topics

top topics

join