It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vamp Threads..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
As I have seen on my various months on this forum there are so many vampire ( vampyre I dun care,,,) that its ridiculous. There are certain things That I think this forum is for.

lemme give you the term for cryptozoology .

en.wikipedia.org...

This forum as I see it is for mostly Cryptozoology and 'beasts' not for some demonic empowerment of cain or what ever the hell. We don't need to read almost everyday " I think I am a vampire, or vamp sightings/encounters. its a waste of time to read over them to see if anything scientific was mentioned to support the theory of this at all. These threads have been responded to in a number of ways, I can see posting Encounters with Vamps as a reason to post. but in the Cryptozoology forum ? I don't think so.

Aren't vamps classified more as Paranormal and such, I know cryptozoology is referred to as a Pseudoscience more often then not. IT IS A SCIENCE! A science about studying of animals that have not been defined by scientific terms.

All I'm saying is that vamp things should have a spot in the paranormal forum, not the cryptid forum..

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Kikider]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the problem with this subject is people are mixing fantasy with reality. There are several references to game manuals, books of fiction, etc. in a lot of those threads.

If you look at the core of the discussion, a biological humanoid being that requires blood to survive - it is a cryptozoological discussion.

If you start adding in supernatural powers, psychic vampires, etc. then it is a paranormal discussion.

In either case, fiction doesn't have a place in the discussion, but you will find it there.

The problem is way too many people are mixing all of this up, causing confusion.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I personally think they are as likely to exist as malevolent garden gnomes and leprechauns... about a million to one chance.

TLomon is right though, if the discussion focuses on the facts and scientific side of it then it is in the right place here in the crypto forum.

If, on the other hand, the discussion turns into the fallacy of recent times with the vampire 'lore' (based on the work of fiction writers) taking precedence over history and facts then i really don't care where it goes because i won't be looking at it.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have liked vampire stories since I was a kid, because the idea of such a creature always seemed plauseable. Not necessarily true, but plauseable. Even to the point of some of the more bizarre traits and/or abilities atrributed to them in literature.

Perhaps someone should compile scientific data to outline what the physical possibilites are for such a creature. For instance, we know that there are creatures in nature that exhibit traits that seem bizarre. We also know that there are people who exhibit other "vampiric" traits for reasons other than social.

Perhaps we should not be looking for direct evidence of such a creature, but examine the possibilites. Much like one might examine the possibilites of the traits belonging to an extraterrestrial entity, wether or not they have actually visited Earth.

I have to say though, that I was hoping to get some input along those lines in a thread I started when I first came here. It didn't get very far, and the life was sucked out of it by some kids who think they are vampires.

[edit on 2/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Though I agree some vampire threads are ridiculous, your complaint that they should not be discussed in this forum is completely unfounded. This forum is not solely dedicated to cryptozoology. Look at the title of the forum "Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts." Vampires definitely fall under the mythical beasts category, as do a wide variety of creatures including those falling under the cryptozoology category, such as Bigfoot.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well I see that not to post it is a little far, all I am saying is that maybe there should be a sub forum for it or something . I for one dont see how vampires being a cryptological or mythological 'beast' as you guys say , sure if a being had to survive on blood and blood alone, yes that would be a fantastic find. But as you guys know most of these stories on here involve some supernatural power that does not even make it belivble. as Tlomon said most of these intwine with paranormal studies more then cryptid studies.

Anything that suposedlly is a vampire originated from humans origins... therefore lets add the regular vampireistic traits to the human..

Human + Big Canines (mutation) + Long age ( Good daily life style or some form of paranormal power) + shapeshifting ( paranormal) + all the other powers a supposed vamp has ( paranormal)

there are alot of loopholes in the vamp discussions you know.. I just think this should be posted in the paranormals or a sub forum. Most of the threads on here are started by kids like jack said.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Kikider]

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Kikider]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
By your logic, we should have sub forums for Bigfoot, Nessie, and other themes on Crypto finds. I believe the problem is the posters and it should be addressed there, not by imposing restrictions that have no logical merit. Remember, if the post is valid, it is in the proper forum. Too many people have a problem with not searching, posting repeated information, etc. This is a problem in every forum, not just here.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP. The amount of 'I want vampire proof' or 'Are vampires real, show me evidence' threads happen all the time.

Try doing a little search before you make another one guys. The questions and topics regarding vampires have been brought up before.

Also, nobody has any evidence surrounding 'REAL' vampires that stalk the dark night skies, searching for humans to devour. So don't try and ask for evidence regarding that.

As for where vampire folklore has developed from and originated, as mentioned, we've discussed this on end before. I myself, writing down on length my findings in the past.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Im just saying that alot of these vamp threads are how you said it Tlomon on a scientific side or a paranormal side. Well, I havent seen many threads on the scientific side, have you? I have seen most of these threads concentraiting on paranormal. That or the fact of people saying they are one.

I said we should maybe catagorize Vamps, werewolves, skinwalkers ETC (dont get me wrong here I love reading about all three of them) in theyre own forum. Due to the amount of paranormal stuff involved around them, what possible good is it going to do to ask about WHAT we know will be asked on topics such as this? ( questions like, How do i become one , How do I know if I am one, or I think I saw one).

"By your logic, we should have sub forums for Bigfoot, Nessie, and other themes on Crypto finds. I believe the problem is the posters and it should be addressed there, not by imposing restrictions that have no logical merit. Remember, if the post is valid, it is in the proper forum. Too many people have a problem with not searching, posting repeated information, etc. This is a problem in every forum, not just here."

I didnt say they SHOULDNT be posted. They should be posted in the right place..if its scientific, sure post it here. but if its more on paranormal go post it in the paranormal, they will get the best results by doing so

Like you and Arawn said , not enough people research through this stuff first. Maybe a Sticky would help?

I dont know, you guys gut my point though.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Kikider]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Whats the point of you complaining about this? and as someone said previously, vampires do fall under Mythical Beast. Now I get it, they 'should' have a little section just for vampires, because alot of discussions are held on them. It would make things more easier for the vamp. lovers to do their little research. Also, of course it wouldnt annoy other people that much. But what I'm saying is, talking about this won't get you anywhere. Why don't you actually try messaging someone (like the moderator or administrator if you will) about this matter if it bugs you so much.

new topics

top topics

join