It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is better; Assassins Creed or Devil May Cry 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi all,

I have just bought Devil May Cry 4 and cant help but feel disappointed; don’t get me wrong the fighting is definitely an art form but the dam camera angles just bleep me off; especially when you are trying to fight some killer demon and you cant move the camera to see the dam thing and don’t even get me started on the repetitive of some of the levels. Then you have those secret missions which can be infuriating as you have to jump here there and with the camera angle they can be super annoying and then if your console crashes you can loose some crucial work!!

Where as Assassins Creeds flows beautifully; you have full control over the views and the cities look amazing; again don’t get me wrong the game can be repetitive after you have done a couple of assassinations but I played the whole game through and loved every second of it where as I am finding myself getting annoyed with Devil May Cry and even considering taking the game back for a refund; regardless of how kick ass the fighting is!!!

Anyways I was just wondering what the peeps here at ATS thought??

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

DMC4, purely because i'm currently at the bit where you have to fight the angel/Demon thing, and tbh i don't think i've ever fought a boss with such similar capabilities.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I like the Creed the most. Repetitive? Yes. But lets face it - there is unlimited fun in assassinating templar knights - right?

The game is great to look at too and kind of has a relevant, albeit far fetched, story line.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Assassin's Creed all the way. Gorgeous graphics, even on a normal non HDTV....interesting gameplay... I liked the storyline, although more than a few ppl complain about it. Great game, and I'm glad I bought it! (I even have an AC tattoo)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
gotta go with AC on this one. story and graphics blow DMC away, although DMC is cool too.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies peeps; I think I am leaning towards AC too as the camera angle thing on DMC4 is just too annoying but AC I can play all day long and yes it is very fun taking on twenty or so guards and wiping the flaw with their backsides while never taking a scratch.
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the fighting on DMC4 with the never ending combos and dam me that Nero is one hard ass dude and it is so satisfying as you slam some huge devil into the ground and the cut scenes are amazing but that pesky camera angle switching on you all the time; I find myself running around so that I can get a good angle to get my combos off.
I have got 960 points out of AC too but with DMC4 I have done loads and got a measly 30 points WTF and I know some people prefer it where you have to work to get your points but come on give credit where credit is due.
With AC I feel more fluid almost like I am one with Altair in the animus and moving through crowds of people is brilliant as he gently moves people aside and being able to sit down and take in the view and watch the activity around is so dam good (sad I know lol). Coupled with the awesome graphics; well I think I am sold tehe.

Now back to DMC4 as I still have half the game to play out so my opinion may change yet lol.

new topics

top topics

join