It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aleister Crowley Paint a Grey in 1900?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post

I am going to make it real simple for you. My argument is exactly what you accuse me of.

If it's not worshipping Jesus it's Satanic.

Ok, I'll accept your argument. On the condition that you accept the following statement, because it is the direct result of your juvenile argument

Judaism
Native Americans
Islam
Shinto
Bahai'
Confucanism
Hinduism
Taoism
Bhuddaism
Wicca
Dao Cao Dai
The Druze
The Roma
Santeria
Universalism
Deism

Are ALL Satanic!

Thats your argument in a nutshell. In your own words. I'm glad you admitted it.

Sounds rather bigoted. I expect you anticipate all these people from your own country and around the world to 'burn in hell'

How many of your ancestors are satanists (by your defination of course)?
How many people in your community must be Satanists? (unless you live in the bible belt of the USA)

[edit on 19-2-2008 by pavlovsdog]

How convenient, that at the top of your list you would place Judaism. Seems like a well orchestrated effort by "someone" to set Bigwhammy up concerning his previous post.

What makes The Gospel of Christ unique, setting it apart from every other spiritual concept concerning those which you have listed above and even in those, not listed?

The fact is, that through Christ, and ONLY through Christ did God perform the work of reconciling the entire world to Himself:

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (II Corinthians 5:18-19)

People can kick, scream and stomp their feet all they please, but the fact remains, God chose a work of reconciliation to do and it was done through his choosing and, everything outside of that choice, Jesus Christ, is nothing more than man's vain attempt to somehow get around that plan; but as the scripture clearly lays out, it was in Christ and Christ only that God was found reconciling men/women, the world, back to Himself.

Does that sound narrow minded? Good, then I know I have done my job in explaining it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matthew 7:14)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Amen brother!! So many people fail to see the long predicted ( promised ) deceptions that only a modern society would swallow by some as being ' good ' in their nature. Yes, there are aliens. Yes, there are demonic spirits that masquerade as aliens, and you can bet your bottom dollar that any entity that was produced by sex rituals and evil intentions and vicarious disregard for biblical admonitions is NOT good and is not an ' interdemensional being' of higher status, but just another deceptive and lying demon trying to set the stage for end time delusions to taake the place of real and true facts.

There is adequate proof of the reality of the spirit realm, and when people venture into that realm without the protection of God, they will be deceived and used to promote the devilish agenda that we have ben reading about for thousands of years, now culminating in these days as the deceptions grow and people slip farther and farther away from the plain and simple facts: If there are any GOOD entities that can interact with man, they would NOT require any rituals to summon: God sends His angels openly when needed and there is no doubt as to their purpose: They only speak the words that support the true Word, and none others.

The great deception is happening now, and this is only the beginning.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is a video from the Ancient of Days Biblical UFO conference. It features the fellows undo and I were discussing. Dr Mike Heiser, Stan Deo, Bill Schnoebelen (an ex satanist) & Guy Malone (abductee) and others;

Google Video Link

BTW Bill Schnoebelen (w/ white beard above) was a high level Black Magician in the Church of Satan, a Catholic priest, a Mormon minister, a Wiccan high priest, and a Vampire. He reveals the inner wokings, the UFO connection and talks about the life... it's fascinating.

Interview with anEx Vampire

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi Bigwammy

I found an interesting link about the picture this thread is about (not sure if this was where you sourced the picture originally), but it does have an article with it too.

www.ufodigest.com...

Hi Pavlovsdog

I'm sorry you're disappointed with me
I was only expressing my personal opinion of Mr Crowley). It was not intended as a critisism directed at you ... or anything you believe in. I'm sure there are many who admire him and the things he stood for ... I'm just not one of them. And your 'guess' that I am a Gardernian are wrong ... as a 'solitary' I don't follow the doctorines of groups and/or covens.

('King of the Witches'); Yes, I knew that Alexander Sanders had also given himself the title ... but I'm certain that I've heard it applied to Crowley (from more than one source), maybe I am wrong on that point and if so I stand corrected.

(The Beast666); I did see your earlier post that provided the origin of the name and I can assure you that I didn't bring it back-up 'to stir the pot' as you put it. Rather as an example of the mixed signals he seemed to relish creating. Something that you picked-up on yourself ...

'Crowley chose the name for many reasons, one to mock people ... another to shock people'.

This is the kind of thing I was referring to when I said 'the man did witches no favours'. And if my comments concerning Crowley make me appear 'sensationalistic', then I'm mortified because I would never wish to portray myself in such a way ... I was only speaking as I see it. I can't understand if he was so keen to get his message across to people why he chose such an inflamatory moniker ... knowing full well the assumptions people would make ?

I'm always a little concerned by those who spring to the defense of Crowley ... a man who was so depraved and power hungry ... a man who left a trail of insanity and death in his wake ... a man who was reckless enough to think he would not have to pay the price for the things he did.

The press as we know love sensationalism but I'm inclined to agree with the title they gave him 'The Wickedest Man In The World'. And it would seem the signs were there from an early age ... when at 11yrs old he tortured a cat, to test it's 9 lives.

I have not studied Crowley to the extent you have and I do appologize for any errors I have made. But it cannot be denied that this man practiced some serious Black Magick, and might I also add ... in quite a careless manner. I'm referring to the half completed 'Abra-Melin' ritual (a ritual so dangerous that it had not been practiced for centuries), that he began when he lived at Boleskine on the banks of Loch Ness and simply abandoned when he met his first wife and went to Egypt !!!

I have a couple of links for you (you may have already seen them), but I'd be very interested to hear your take on the information that these links provide. If only half of what I read is true then this man was an abomination to the human species. As you claim to have studied Crowley you may be able to explain what is real and what is not.

www.channel4.com...

and

[url=www.blackraiser.com/nredoubt/indent2.htm[/url]

(appologies I'm having trouble getting this link to work. If you do a search for; 'Hitler's Doppelganger, Hitler and Crowley'... it will take you to the article. I don't know if this is true but it certainly makes for an interesting read) !

Look forward to your reply. Woody

[edit on 20-2-2008 by woodwytch]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody - no I haven't seen that article - thanks. One part I think is very interesting on the topic of the greys is this:

The grays have been proposed as being drones or robots. There are notions that they could be demonic hoaxsters.

source

I heard an interview with a Air Force surgeon who was present when they examined the dead Roswell aliens. He said they were like biological robots.
The black eyes were lens you could hold up and look through etc. Since demons do not have bodies --- well connect the dots. Interesting theory.

Woah and this part...

It is also usually reported within such narratives that although Crowley made certain to close that opened portal, the rather bumbling occultists L. Ron Hubbard and Jack Parsons (the founders of Scientology and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, respectively) perhaps accidentally reopened it by the introduction of their own magickal endeavors, called the Babylon Working (much to Crowley's disgust.)
That the Babylon Working took place in 1946-just one year before the modern UFO era would be ushered in with Kenneth Arnold's famous saucer sightings, and the Roswell announcement adds to its idea of opened portals and alien entities.

So perhaps L Ron and Parsons left the door open and started the whole thing .... big oooooops there.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Thanks JD! Let's remember:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jdposey

Thanks JD! Let's remember:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

Yes, indeed. We have to remember, the greatest percentage of deception which has manifested on the earth, has come via those high places in the heavenly realm. We wrestle against a very well organized heavenly kingdom of darkness, whose main goal is the deception of man.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm still not entirely convinced that just Loki was Enki. As I've mentioned in the past, there's evidence to suggest that Odin and Loki were the same person at one time, as later on split into to different beings. Odin himself was also considered to be a trickster ad deceptive. Along with this he has Valaskjálf, something that has reminded me greatly of the E.ABZU. Then there's also the fact that he was the god of death, and if I'm remembering correctly it was Enki's ABZU that was the gate to the underworld. I know I've mentioned this before in your topic, but since you mentioned Loki I thought I'd bring it up again.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In regards to Crowley's art, I have no opinion about the face that he drew. I haven't been able to find much information on people who have simular "visions" of this face under the influence.

Does anyone know anything about Crowley's (not sure if its his) diagram/occult chart? Is seems to have sketches of ufo's and other things. I can't seem to enlarge it enough to get detail.

Heres the picture

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's a drawing. An interpretation of an experience or an impression. I only want to hear what Crowley says about it. Everything else is loose speculation or secular projected interpretation.

It is stylistic. I only have his Book of Lies, and do not know his other works. I have heard scholars argue for both sides and no resolution is yet sound.

The simplest way to interpret such a drawing is in very general associations. It could be a Grey or another species from anywhere in another dimension, spirit world, or even an impression of a being that has no corporeal form and just symbolic of the feelings received. Read the article linked at the bottom. Might be of some help.

Some other art of his:

Someone else made the association. You might want to read this.
Article

ZG

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I heard an interview with a Air Force surgeon who was present when they examined the dead Roswell aliens. He said they were like biological robots.
The black eyes were lens you could hold up and look through etc. Since demons do not have bodies --- well connect the dots. Interesting theory.

Yes, I have been attempting to get this idea across for some time, the "uncreated" aspect! Our own technology will eventually rebel as well, count on it.

It is also usually reported within such narratives that although Crowley made certain to close that opened portal,...
That the Babylon Working took place in 1946-just one year before the modern UFO era would be ushered in with Kenneth Arnold's famous saucer sightings, and the Roswell announcement adds to its idea of opened portals and alien entities.

Now I did not expect a non-secular source to find or understand this, but nonetheless it has happened. If one tries to catalog the history of 1947 they will find it is more like a nexus in time.

Another one is 1986. A UFO flap accompanied some "occult activities" in northern California. I know because I was there.

[Mod Edit - fix quote tags]

[edit on 21/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would personally take anything from Mr Crowley with a degree of scepticism.
He is supposedly a "dabbler" in the black arts etc.... however he stated/believed that the number of the so-called beast is 666, actually it was 616 and was changed by a pope/bishop centuries ago.
(see t.v. program Q.I.)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just found some interesting stuff in regards to this topic.

"The next stage of history is called the Aeon of Horus by Aleister Crowley- as others call it the Age of Aquarius, the New Age, the New World Order, etc.. In Crowley's prophecies, as aided by an angel or extraterrestrial or some superhuman being named Aiwass, humanity has passed through the Age of Isis (roughly, early Matriarchy) and the Age of Osiris (Patriarchy) and after 1904 stands at the dawn of the Age of Horus, the Crowned and Conquering Child, i.e., an age ushered in by wars and revolution and then followed by an aeon of "love, light, and liberty" much like Rabelais' hedonic Abbey of Thelema extended to the whole planet.

The post-1904 wars and other violence represent the aspect of Horus called Ra-Hoor-Khuit, a war god of the bloodiest sort. The age of love and liberty represents Hoor-Par-Krat, the god of silence and of illumination. Horus was called the Lord of Two Horizons" because he contains these opposite aspects, and because he symbolizes both the rising and the setting sun, East and West. Crowley often identifies Horus with the Chinese union of yin and yang.

AIWASS

An alleged superhuman intelligence contacted by Aleister Crowley in 1904, Aiwass dictated to Crowley a work called "Liber Al," or "Book of the Law," which prophesied wars and revolutions leading to the collapse of Christian civilizations and the dawn of the Aeon of Horus. Liber Al also proclaims the Law of Thelema, usually summed up in three mantra-like aphorisms: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law," "Love is the law, love under will," and "Every man and every woman is a star."

According to former Crowley student Dr. Isreal Regardie, a Reichian psychotherapist and occultist, Aiwass represented the deepest, most abysmal part of Crowley's own mind, which is common to all life, mammal, insect, and all, deeper than either Freudian or Jungian unconcscious. According to another Crowley student, Kenneth Grant, Aiwass is an extraterrestrial from Sirius.

Members of the Ordo Templi Orientis begin important rituals with the Hebrew words, "Atoh Aiwass Malkuth ve Geburah ve Gedulla le olahm. Amen." (For thine, Aiwass, is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever. so be it.)"

I got this information from Robert Anton Wilson's book, Everything is Under Control. He cites the following sources:

Confessions of Aleister Crowley, Bantam, New York 1971

The Eye in the Triangle , by Isreal Regardie

Aleister Crowley and the Hidden God, by Kenneth Grant and Samuel Weiser

This also, IMHO, lends a bit more credibility to the theories I presented in this thread here: Did Crowley and others bring Greys into our world

I know I posted that earlier, and I don't mean to direct traffic away from this thread but I regret posting it in Skunkworks because if I hadn't, perhaps I could have had more input.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by comm12]

[edit on 26-2-2008 by comm12]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
it always amazes me how far xtians [no I won't call you christians, you are hypocrites, and money handlers and criminals. we know what Jeshua bin Joseph did to those punks... ] go not to think.

You accuse people of evil influence when your entire life is run by a book by questionable authors compiled by romans hundreds of years ago, works by a myriad of great and also foul men.

it is a book.

you cling to it because society does not question you doing so.

if I say the only way is through me, and have 12 guys write twelve stories of how wicked cool I am, and get myself arrested and fake my death, wait a thousand years.... there will be millions of people like you who will beleive the whole thing.

this is what is happening with L Ron Hubbard right now. he was a drug addict, all the way to his death.
he was a criminal and a litigous curmudgeon.

He invented narconon, while downing amphetamines and barbiturates and rum, with a crew of 13-16 year old girls lighting his cigarettes and wiping his butt.

why? he was in it for the money. when he wasn't getting as much in as he thought he should, he squeezed the members and pushed for recruitment, and raised the price of his 'techs'

when enough people got to the 'final level', he just 'discovered' another one and wrote up a new tech while blazing on speed.

why do people fall for it?

Hard sell techniques, and of course, a grain of usefulness. in fact, even William Seward Burroughs thought that the original Dianetics was very useful.

see, it's after they hook you that they charge you more and more for increasingly useless stuff.

in OT3 you essentially ouija board YOURSELF to exorcise your demons... woops! I mean body thetans.

but back to xtianity.

you are following to the letter a text that has been translated hundreds of years ago for the third time by a group of people whose livelihood depends on fleecing you, and to fleece you, they must own you.

to own you they convince you that there is an invisible man, who lives in the sky and watches everything you do, every day of your life, and makes lists of things he will punish you to eternal damnation for if you do them... but he loves you.

(propitiations to George Carlin go here)

how exactly do you know that demons have no bodies?

because the bible says so.

why is adultery wrong?

because the bible says so

Neophobia begotten by control.

if you are a man of intelligence, why would you suppose a supreme being would be so concerned with what you think of him?

if a supreme being is so merciful, why is there a way to mess up, unless he WANTS you to mess up?

oh, but he LOVES you, so we have to reconcile that by picking a prominent angel called Satan, who seems to be pretty tight with the Big Guy (see Job)
and we'll make him Angra Mainyu, that is, the Evil God, god's twin, so that way we can blame all the bad stuff on him.

What is wrong?
What is right?

there are only relatives to an intelligent man, there are things that aid survival and things that aid death.

safe/danger. survival/non-survival.

so what is not safe is Evil.

what is safe is Good.

an intelligent man is a practical man. if something is found to be helpful to him, he will adopt it, label it good. if he finds something to be harmful, that he labels bad.

this is for reference.

I have too few characters left to continue.

final point:

why do you assume an angel is a physical being? an angel or even god is beyond you, so they would not be confined to a body, as you are.

maybe a discorporate being would be like a man, not evil or good, just trying to survive.. well, maybe they eat our emotions, our beliefs.

do you call the wolf evil for eating the rabbit?
perhaps the carrot can forgive the rabbit for eating it.

this is intelligence.

everything has to eat.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

Hmm brand new user pulls up a 5 month old thread with the topic picture for an avatar? With a completely off topic post. There are plenty of bigoted anti Christian threads already. So why dig up a 5 month old thread if you have nothing to add but bigotry?

Get a clue::there are Good & Evil Aleister Crowley + Satan + Magick = Evil

Newsflash :: Evil loses -- why be a loser?

I guess you realize that L Ron Hubbard you are criticizing was a disciple of Aleister Crowley along with Jack Parsons? So you just ranted your own little devil cult into a corner as well by criticizing him.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

flaming, trolling? nah. no more so than you, sir.

"brand new user": entitlement for being the bigger internet geek?

and furthermore, I looked up this thread because I had to change my avatar, because I'm a n00b and didn't know just how family friendly the site is.

apparently paintings of goddesses who are nude is verboten. my bad.

I decided that the Lam would be cool because it resembles a grey.

so I look up the subject, and there you are being a close-minded person.

I don't believe a thread should abide by parliamentary procedure, and neither do you. Undo and yourself were digressing quite a bit I see.

I'm not a satanist.

I'm actually a pretty decidedly christian person.

and that requires calling people out if I feel it is right.

that's what jesus would do.

sorry if I offended your fine sensibilities.

I wasn't here when the thread started, but I feel it is important.

and I didn't want to post something already covered.

that's pretty standard in forums, you know, going back to an earlier thread of the topic instead of cluttering the site with redundancy.

I dismiss you, sir, forthwith.

no need for flames.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

I apologize if you are a legit user. There have been quite a few trolls lately. And your avatar is the thread topic and its an old thread. It seems fishy.

Well I have my educated opinion too. Lams a demon at worst. A drug induced hallucination at best.

How you can call yourself a Christian and use a satanic character for your avatar and make an anti Christian rant like you just wrote then I am speechless. But I forgive you. We'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

alright, we cool.

I reposted the comment as it's own thread elsewhere because I think it's worthy of consideration. and also because I am new here and wasn't sure you wouldn't mod my post out of existence.

I actually really have my compact KJV bible right here by me.

I kid you not I actually read it every day.

I think what I was trying to say is that christianity is not the Death of Thought.

I think one of Jesus' most important teachings was to embrace critical thought.

thank you though, and you are a christian and not a xtian at this time because you actually used christian ideals like tolerance and forgiveness.

I just can't comprehend angels and demons as meat. I have actually had some experience with these things (not Lam though, I'm not into Ritual Magick), and it seems to me most 'spirits' are non-meat energy beings.

they are an entirely different form of life.

oversimplifying and undersimplifying things are equal sins.

thanx tho.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I actually really have my compact KJV bible right here by me.

I kid you not I actually read it every day.

I think what I was trying to say is that christianity is not the Death of Thought.

But you sound worse than some of the militant atheists on this site yet you call yourself a Christian and say you read your Bible every day?

And then mock God like this...

If a supreme being is so merciful, why is there a way to mess up, unless he WANTS you to mess up?

oh, but he LOVES you, so we have to reconcile that by picking a prominent angel called Satan, who seems to be pretty tight with the Big Guy (see Job)
and we'll make him Angra Mainyu, that is, the Evil God, god's twin, so that way we can blame all the bad stuff on him.

I think our secular culture is getting to you. Perhaps you ought to pray about it if you believe in that.

Jesus himself said his most important teaching was to love the lord your god with all your heart.

Do your words reflect that?

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Aleister Crowley.s house for sale.

blogs.forteana.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join