It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aleister Crowley Paint a Grey in 1900?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Aleister Crowley (1875 - 1947), the notorious practitioner of sex magick and self proclaimed "the beast 666". drew this portrait of an entity "Lam" around 1918. Crowley maintained the picture is actually a portrait and drawn from real life. He allegedly opened a portal using his mind and a mirror, in a process similar to what is today called channeling. He considered it to be of inter dimensional origin.

This was drawn prior to 1918 way before anyone was talking about UFOs and extra terrestrials but doesn't it have an eerie resemblance to what we commonly accept as ETs in the UFO community?

[edit on 2/18/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

This was drawn prior to 1918 way before anyone was talking about UFOs and extra terrestrials but doesn't it have an eerie resemblance to what we commonly accept as ETs in the UFO community?

No, that looks nothing like the majority of alien spiecies associated under the term "Greys".

However that's an intresting case for something else.

There are thousands of types of alien creatures out there in great space, and they don't all look alike. That's raceist!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That image also resembles what many people claim to see during '___' trips. Crowley had a long history of drug experimentation, so it is not too far-fetched to surmise that he saw that "creature" during one of his experiments. I don't mean to reduce this phenomenon by linking it to drug use. It is possible that certain chemicals "unlock" our brains to connect us to our "higher-being". It is very interesting that many people report seeing beings with remarkably similar features. There must be something to it.

Sorry for all the quotation marks.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I guess it's the head. It seems like you have a lot of knowledge about aliens.

So how do you know about 1000s of species, please tell?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well 1000 is just a number. I'm sure with enough info I could broaden that number easily.

How many types of men are there on this world?

as anything it depends upon where you seperate the factors.

I mean, look at it this way. How many types of life forms are there on this singular planet?

Thousands easy. Dog, cat, pig, monkey... that's not factoring in subcatagorial data.

Thus all there has to be is one other planet out there for there to be thousands of types of aliens.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

Psychonaughts hmm. I'd like to hear about the beings people see on '___'. So they look like this guy?

He didn't come down in a space ship, it was ritual magick that brought this guy from the "astral plane" I suppose.

Yeah, I agree, there's got to be something to the similarity.

Ideas?

[edit on 2/19/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Definitly one of the inter-dimensionals that are of the same genetic background as our favorite fleshbots; the Greys.

These beings are benign and do not abduct people, I know a positive entity who is famous in religion as the adversary that strong ascociates with these beings, he also has some reptoids under him.

Not all Greys and Reptoids are evil mind you

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I know a positive entity who is famous in religion as the adversary

You mean Satan?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So many expert's yet none know what a Alien is or if they are in ufo's.
Or if U.f.o truely exist in this deminsion.

1000 of alein race's yet none want to land open there hanger door's.
walk out and say hi or what ever they do.

Let's say for instance for subject matter there are 1000 of alien race's watching us....

statistic wise....1 in 1000 ..1 race would be diffrent from the other's and cornhole us...war..

Or 1 in 1000 would land say hi yall we just wanted to tell you guy's we are not alone....BTW earthlign's we didnt come from space to draw on your crop's ...
Alien one turn's to other alien and say's ZAZHIAUHZSHJASHKJ....
Wich meen's human's are so gullable..

[edit on 19-2-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Did Crowley draw a Grey? No.

Did Crowley draw something with similar attributes? Yes.

What Crowley did was draw something with attributes almost all humans ascribe to someone with a higher level of intelligence: a giant head and an atrophied body.

Even before the modern UFO wave, before the Greys entered the public consciousness, science-fiction described similar looking beings, as far back as the late 1800s. It makes sense that Crowley, in describing a higher-level being, one with supreme mental abilities, would follow similar cultural conventions.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Entirely possible to me, that a "visitor" is exactly what Crowley saw and sketched. People describe the beings all sorts of different ways, and from their own perceptions. The altered state of consciousness suggested by many experiencers say perception is being effected (whether internal or external, who knows) so the visual of the "alien" can differ to tailor itself to the individual. The experience itself is deeply personal and highly subjective, according to many.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In my experience with extra dimensional beings, in the beginning they always had some sort of form, but with more and more realization and understanding the nature of "reality", the forms seem to be like holographic suits so to speak, even our bodies are our suits, I believe we are dimensional travelers as well.

Thus the simple task of the illuminatti, to keep us in a singular dimension so as to not realize the secret to life and keep on building dollars for others desires.

or im a nut.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What he percieved would be outside the 'common society' of reality and rational but not past the Unknown of man to encorperate into his inner world of what truth is, a perception of the moment to grow deeper in the Universe around him and in him.

That would definately meet some requirements of different appearances in our worlds of worlds, with so many costumes to put on, I don't mind other forms of the minds ability to create in. Just another physical format to align with his enviroment.

Definately a humanoid being, size is not relative nor is appearance, we can appear in whatever form we choose to exist in.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by menguard]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Aleister Crowley was a satanist (this is my opinion). He conjured up this being during a satanic ritual. Therefore you must assume that this being is 1. Extra-dimensional and 2. Satanic in nature.

The fact that it does indeed look like what we call a "grey" is part of the beast's deception. With that you must assume that greys are extra-dimensional, satanic beings (demons?), and not from freakin' Zeta-Reticuli or wherever the hell!

Peace

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sometimes what feels foreign to us is our own senses, what we feel can be different from what actually is.

Our bodies chemistry may not align with this foreign agent and call it bad because it doesn't have the sensory data to pick it up or align with its real world. A being with a lot of knowledge can appear dark to some, because of differences.

Dark Knowledge, something outside mans ability to read.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Aleister Crowley was a satanist.

Care to substantiate this or are you just pulling this statement out of the aether? Perhaps you are just repeating what you have heard from anti crowley teachings.

Crowley was not:

1.a follower of the works of Anton LeVey, author of 'the satanic bible'
2. a follower of the Temple of Set

Crowley certainly did not revere or worship any 'dark entity' as his God. In fact thru many of his writing he decries the very existance of 'the devil'.

In 1904 while in Egypt Crowley wrote or was 'the recipient of', "the Book of the Law' which was shortly established as the basis for the religion/philosophy of Thelema. In 1938 Bishop Federico Tolli authored a book instructing Christians how to regard this 'new thought'. Tolli concluded that Thelema is a dialectical consequence of Christianity. Tolli sees Crowley as a failed talented artist, but not as a "Satanist". The merit and contribution of bishop Tolli to studies of Crowley lies in the fact that it was he who first expressed that the genuine meaning and idea of Thelema does not necessarily contradict the teachings of Jesus, as Crowley himself affirmed.

Please Dr Love, as a mod, we need better from you before this board falls deeper into mediocrity. This very topic has been discussed in all over ATS. It disheartens me to see a Mod 'accepting ignorance' and simply regurgitating messages 'as seen on the 700 club'

---------------------------------------

As for the painting, I'm going to take a jump off the pier and postulate that it is a portrait of Aiwass.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Aleister Crowley was a satanist. He conjured up this being during a satanic ritual. Therefore you must assume that this being is 1. Extra-dimensional and 2. Satanic in nature.

I agree.

[

The fact that it does indeed look like what we call a "grey" is part of the beast's deception. With that you must assume that greys are extra-dimensional, satanic beings (demons?), and not from freakin' Zeta-Reticuli or wherever the hell!

To quote one of the most respected UFO researchers, Jacques Valles in his book Conforntations

“The medical examinations to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons.”

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack

or im a nut.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Sorry Couldn't resist

It does look like a grey to me, or what ever pictures I have seen I should say.

I do love the experts on here say with such certainty what it is. Not I think , or in my opinion, but this is it lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Bigwhammy

How many types of men are there on this world?

I am aware of one homo sapien. Are there more?

It's just that the way you write about these subjects in this and other threads I've read. It's like you have first hand knowledge of it. I thought maybe you were going to say you were an alien yourself. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Humans perform tests without disclosure to the animals we gauge reactions, routines, strengths, weakness, places of habitat, medical checkups, body compositions, tags to track the animal.

Perhaps there are animals amongst the real people that are being tagged for genetic purposes. To see if the energy is being displaced through the body properly.

Not all scientists are going to be in the format exhibiting a third dimensional format. They will be working on a higher level of maintnance upkeep.

The higher the intelligence the less gratitude for error.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join