It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is the great evil of mankind.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by encoder
reply to post by Cythraul

the pastor gives you reason to kill

Mine didn't but Dawkins gives you a reason to sell your soul

Kill in the name of god, because that man have sinned against us and god, and does not deserves to live!

Is this why you guys are so damn afraid of fox holes?
the movies give you the way how to kill.

Get behind, him take yr sword, be careful not to alert him and chop his had of. or simply shoot him in the head.

English please.

it is just an analogy between a real killer mind and and what movies and priests might cause. as a killer needs the reason and the tool.

Are you an FBI Profiler or a Psychologist? Or do you play one on TV?

- Con

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
look, this is obvioulsy a move by the Atheits to destroy us again on the boards.

No one's trying to destroy you, stop playing the victim.

And in case you didn't notice, the person who started this thread is not an atheist.

But see, we have the ultimate power.

So this is about power to you? And then you act surprised when non-religious people talk about the dangers of religion...

there are more of us nice people here than not.

And no one has disputed that in this thread.

I think you have misunderstood the point and message of this thread. Now, I can't talk for everybody, but from what I've seen and my own opinion, no one here was/is saying that just by being a Christian that person is evil. That's just plain silly, the same way that is silly to lump all atheists as being conspirators trying to destroy you.

What's being talked here is about the evil and dangers that arise from organized religion.

And I'm talking about religion today. not religion a 100 years ago.

And you think religion isn't responsible for wrong doings today? Just look at all the wars that are currently going on because of religious differences and intolerance.

Another example and in particular from your own religion - the position of the Church to condemn condoms. At this day and age, even when we have the epidemic that we have in places like Africa, the Church's position is criminal, to say the least.

I can name a hundred more things are are more evil than religion.

1. Horror movies
[...]

Religion is final on my list.

Horror movies is number 1 on your list uh? This is what scares us non-religious folks - sometimes we feel like we're trying to dialogue with people that have lost all sense of reality and with their priorities all mixed up.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by encoder

and now the answers:

sigh,, I hope so, so far, all I have seen is tripe.

we are weak, with our nuclear bombs weapons and with any single stone we can trow. we lack the wisdom for it.

Said the wise man,,
umm who are you again?

the bible does not reflect god.

The Bible isn't a mirror like that but rather is a reflection of his word

not even god can brake his rules, because his part of it.

Does a father not make rules for his Children that he does not have to oblige? Same is true with God

we fear god because others than behold a power over us in the false name of his. and the others keep the power and the name.

Sorry,, I have no idea what that meant, If someone wants to fear god I guess they could but jeez,, why would I? Unlike your opinion, I don't fear God, I do Respect him however and that is what is meant by god fearing.

tell me what is the reason of all wars? money ... money has become our religion. power ... only a both way religious man can have it. (9/11) revenge ... it is one of the direct opposite of jesus.
religion is to believe in something that does not exists.
like money, it is just a piece of paper (or in romania plastic) and when others tell us what it is we believe it whithout questions,

I guess Ill have to pass on this guy, I imagine you are typing as fast as you can talk and your english isn't ,,(with all due respect) very good.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Many catholic priests have killed.
The Ustashi nazis

Priests would put on a soldiers' uniform and perform the Croation inquisition.

Vatican holocaust

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

OMG

we have came down to evolutionism and creationism.

ni fact lets just say that none of both sides knows what their are talking about. cristians dont know how the creation came about, evolutionists dont know how the hell our universe was created, so they publish the most credible theory:

- god created the seas (all that exists);
- big bang.

i have watched a lot of movies on creationism, in general they are a bunch of idiots who do in fact know absolutely nothing about physics yet they all claim they studied this and that. you find no priest studying the fractal nature of space, or conducting quantum experiments.

on the other hand scientists lay a great claim on a theory in general in a field that is unresearched thus creating an axioma (accepted to be true until proven otherwise). disproving theories is the vital element of science and broken massively by scientists. that is plain stupid, in fact more stupid to disprove it with another axiom like god created earth, and it doesn't evolved from the cradle of galaxies.

it is all that these short minds can do. they are clouded by the routine of modern physics witch needs to be shifted once more in the near future (like einsteins work). Nassim Haramein in his "Crossing the Event Horizon" may be on the right track.
in fact he holds proof for an intelligent creation, but also defines a theory that can be proven and yet it may be the holy grail of future science. so the 2 will merge and science will be changed something more spiritual.
spirituality with a higher sense of reason.

i mean god is really so plain weak and stupid that he creates all the galaxies one by one?

to create something that subsequently creates everything, and still know what will come out ...

now thats what i'm talking about!!!

what creationists tell you is what you dont know. in fact i managed to post an argument (in fact 20 totally) to a 1h clip of some priest talking about him being a scientist. and with his words "now THAT's stupid!"
i explained what a THEORY is and gave some updates about some astro-physics. (he always managed to bring up the wrong scientific theories, dont know why). but he was right about the schoolbooks. they should explain more in detail what a theory is, and what is PROVEN to be working.

and c'mon! everybody knows how religion thinks about creation. why take it so literally and buzz those buzzy people?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here's a site on
What does The Jesuit Oath and the Patriot act have in common

Remember that Jesus warned that during the Tribulation that people would kill, while thinking they were doing God service!

America was founded to afford it's citizenry peaceful opportunity for freedom OF religion. Not to impose an inquisition.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by jedimiller
look, this is obvioulsy a move by the Atheits to destroy us again on the boards.

No one's trying to destroy you, stop playing the victim.

No, but they are trying to end all religion. Go ahead ask for proof I got plenty. If you are seriously saying no one is trying to destroy jedimiller,, well,, you are probably right lol.

And in case you didn't notice, the person who started this thread is not an atheist.

what are they?

I think you have misunderstood the point and message of this thread. Now, I can't talk for everybody, but from what I've seen and my own opinion, no one here was/is saying that just by being a Christian that person is evil. That's just plain silly, the same way that is silly to lump all atheists as being conspirators trying to destroy you.

Yet here you are as an agent Provacateur and an unknowing agent of the conspiracy Bashing Religion in general while talking about tolerance.

If you call someone who is African American the "N" word and you say I was not talking about "N" words in Kenya I was talking about "N" words in Nigeria. What kind of tolerance do you think that kind of logic deserves?

perhaps a "Punch in the face waiting to happen"?

Hate generalizes and love is particular guy.

What's being talked here is about the evil and dangers that arise from organized religion.

Actually even evolutionists have said Religion was integral for our survival and today I see Religion as being attacked for political reasons.

If Religionists (using it in general) have to be attacked or a people in a country where the culture is Religious and they are attacked, Do they not have a right to defend themselves without people like you saying they are evil? Why is it Communist bloc countries like the Bolsheviks can cause more deaths in genocide then all the religious wars combined and you say nothing about the Atheism inherant in that society.

And you think religion isn't responsible for wrong doings today? Just look at all the wars that are currently going on because of religious differences and intolerance.

Watch it there,, I'm a 6 year verteran and a Christian who would spill his blood dying for you to protect this Country like many of those you claim through history have done. By the way,, My Religion has nothing to do with it but it had everything to do with my willingness to defend my country from its enemys. Had people not felt this way, you might be speaking German right now.

- Con

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

yep.. my English is poor.

Does a father not make rules for his Children that he does not have to oblige? Same is true with God

hi already made those rules, and he already knew who will going to brake them.

Sorry,, I have no idea what that meant, If someone wants to fear god I guess they could but jeez,, why would I? Unlike your opinion, I don't fear God, I do Respect him however and that is what is meant by god fearing.

religion in a sense of "deeply religious persons" who donate 50 000 every month to the church, and not thoughtful men like the members of this community.

thx for the reply.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

OMG and c'mon! everybody knows how religion thinks about creation. why take it so literally and buzz those buzzy people?

Creationists don't tell me anything.

Nor do evolutionist, they are BOTH wrong as far as I'm concerned I see them as two very presumptuous theories

I have only one question for you encoder,,

Are you an Atheist?

- Con

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is a good book to not only show the evils of Church-led states, but, the triumph of joy of having God with you at the worst times.

Foxes Book of Martyrs. Chapter 5 the Inquisition

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

yep.. my English is poor.

Yeah I kinda got that,, Ill try to bear with you nevertheless.

hi already made those rules, and he already knew who will going to brake them.

The point was, you said God can't break his own rules and I gave you an analogy as to how he could. You seem to have agreed without knowing or not your intention

religion in a sense of "deeply religious persons" who donate 50 000 every month to the church, and not thoughtful men like the members of this community.

Well,, the members of this community being thoughtful I can agree with. It's the members of this community that are "thoughtless" that I have a problem with. I don't think I know anyone that has $50,000 a month to tithe the churh. If money is that big an expendable commodity, then he has one hell of a tax write off lol.

Take Care

- Con

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Jesus is GREATER than ALL buildings and leaders!

Although we are told to gather with other believers for worship and fellowship and to prefer our brethren to all, I still don't put too much faith in man.
Men and women are human and will make mistakes, but we should try not to and to love God FIRST and others MORE than ourselves!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

my English might be poor, but you got the idea.

and I'm not an active part of any church, as I explained (at least tried), it is just a form of control, a system, and it can spawn evil.

digital art (specially 3D design) is my religion
and twisting minds on ATS

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
The Bible teaches reproduction after their kind and this is the only form of "evolution" for which we find evidence in the fossil record (micro-evolution)

The Bible teaches that the Universe, man and all animals were created by God. This is what Creationism is.

You are right on the last part though. Evolution is the only thing for which we have evidence.

Using evolution to inject the religion of Atheism in public Schools.

It's obvious that what should be taught in public schools is the accepted scientific consensus and not religiously biased theories. If you don't like it, you can blame something that I believe is called the First Amendment and separation of church and state.

By the way, Atheism IS a religion and that is one court battle Atheists fought tooth and nail and LOST.

I'm sorry but atheism is not a religion.

A religion is a set of beliefs and practices generally organized around supernatural and moral claims, and often codified as prayer, ritual, and religious law.

Atheism doesn't defend any supernatural claims. Atheism doesn't have prayer, nor rituals, nor 'laws'.

I would like you to clarify your comment that that is one court battle atheists have lost. Not sure exactly what you are referring to.

Now all we have to do is rename this country the United States of Christianity! Ha ha ha

We've talked a lot about intolerance in this thread, so I didn't think I would actually see someone being (religiously) intolerant here and even finding it funny.

Biologists must constantly keep in mind what!!??
who says so?? HIM??

No, Darwin does. A lot of religious people and creationists cherry pick Darwin's and Dawkins' quotes - which probably come from the habit of cherry picking passages of the Bible - to try and fit their beliefs, but it all comes down to this:

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. -- Darwin

And it hasn't since 1859. And his work only gets more credence the more we find about those fossil records you talked about, and the more we know about life.

“It is as though, in our theory of how we came to exist, we are allowed to postulate a certain ration of luck.”

Luck?? ha ha ha

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with these quotes, since it's well known that Dawkins, as with Darwin, doesn't believe that chance or luck had anything to do with it.

In fact, Evolution proves exactly the opposite. There is no chance or luck in evolution, only gradual and successive modifications and adaptations - natural selection.

As for God, Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of his absence

Again, this has been brought up numerous times: science does not have to disprove god's existence, since no one has proven that he does in the first place.

Evidence is something that clearly determines or demonstrates the truth of an assertion, requiring no amount of faith to do so. On the matter of god's existence on the other hand, only faith comes into play.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The point was, you said God can't break his own rules and I gave you an analogy as to how he could. You seem to have agreed without knowing or not your intention

physical rules like gravity. spiritual like free will (deeper one, defined in your soul), the propagation, evolution of spirit (witch brings me to the fact that i dont believe in death and judgment day)

i'm talking about braking the guidelines of god (not to kill, lie,...)

following me?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Watch it there,,

Watch it? I was merely giving my opinion and did so while not insulting anyone. If my opinion offends you, then I guess you just gave us another example of intolerance.

I'm a 6 year verteran and a Christian who would spill his blood dying for you to protect this Country like many of those you claim through history have done. By the way,, My Religion has nothing to do with it but it had everything to do with my willingness to defend my country from its enemys.

So what are you saying? You wouldn't be willing to defend your country if you weren't religious? I didn't know being a patriot was dependent on religious conditions.

Had people not felt this way, you might be speaking German right now

Again, what are you saying? I have religion to thank for getting rid of the Nazis? Did the Russians and everyone else involved also fight in the name of religion?

You're right though, I don't speak German but I hope to learn it someday.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

i am trowing posts on this com. but i never was told about my poor english,

why you did it?

dont get me wrong i'm not feeling offended or something, but you give me some sense that you have to know perfect english to express opinions within ATS

are you religious?

if i might ask you as you did with atheism.

for we all are the result of god creating some thing that caused existence, that caused space and time with its twists, that caused the universe, that caused galaxies, that caused the Terra to evolve, ... finally us.

ps: i'm nor religious, i believe

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I believe the title of this Topic was "Religion is the great evil of mankind" but somehow the discussions have centered around Chritianity being evil. I think it's important to remember that "Christianity" is the new kid on the block and that many many religions, which have been around thousands of years before Jesus, are adhering to a different way of thinking. If we are going to talk about Christianity being the great evil of mankind, then I would have to agree, but if we are going to lable the theory "Religion" then let's not forget that Christianity is not the end all be all of organized religion.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

2,000ish years is pretty dang old and its roughly 600 years older than the number 2 most popular...furthermore, please elaborate on how Christianity is so "evil"?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
all religion is evil, just because your contorted into thinking your not, ooh everything is good, do good, be good. what a load of crap.
religious people are some of the most hateful spiteful being on this planet. just because your Christianity doesn't kill people like it used to or like Islams do now. come on. there is a better way to live than to fall in line with the sheep being herded to communion or to give your money away for nothing.
stand up and be a freethinker! abolish religion, get rid of the biggest organized crime on the planet

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join