It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is the great evil of mankind.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I didn't mean in the literal sense wraith lol. (stargate atlantis kind of wraith?)

A type of ghost or spectre. Long standing childhood nickname of mine based on certain personality traits I have in real life.

As for the kid stuff.
That is your right and I don't expect anyone to live by my impressions and rules. Well. To a point.
I have no power nor do I really want the power to tell you what you teach your children so long as you don't raise them to be murders or rapists etc.

I read your thread Science is a Religion where I can give many examples where those arguing with you were not reading your suppostions in the spirit of a child wanting to learn but as rigid adults with fixed opinions and a dogged determination NOT to listen to a thing you said. I get what you are about, at least to some extent (I was a HUGE X-files nut) I see Atheists as a huge group of Dana Scully's when she first got assigned to debunk mulder. Only THIS Scully is pms'ing 24/7 ,, like hitchens and dawkins are. hee hee

Agreed but rather than a purely atheistic attribute I see it all over the place and infecting all stripes. Human thing not a concept thing heh.

But I wasn't attacking you I hope you realize just voicing my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Agreed but rather than a purely atheistic attribute I see it all over the place and infecting all stripes. Human thing not a concept thing heh.

But I wasn't attacking you I hope you realize just voicing my thoughts.

Yes I see your point,, and I agree, my point is that many of the faults one can accuse religion for are observable in Atheism as well or like you say in "all stripes".

I respect your observations and opinions a great deal and have read many of your posts that I can say I am a better person for it. So when you ever get to feeling like this is of no use or frustrated, be reminded of that in the hopes it gives you some inspiration to keep on, as a testament of proof you inspire others.

- Con

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

What is this "Pure Religion" asside from your religions of bullslnit?

Besides your obvious frustration and impatience expressed with the expletive (typos are clever but awfully transparent) have you been able to substantiate religion as the "Most Evil”?

Ill ask you,, do you think man would have survived better without it, or as I will prove, NOT AT ALL.

Share with me your deepest most well thought out pre-suppositions
Your most accurate most valid historical accounts of this alleged evil, explain if you would be so kind, the provocation for this evil or is the evil in religiosity inherent in it "for no apparent reason other then some Prophet spoon feeding the evil to the masses of obsequies sheeple so they can kill but not just in the name of Religion,,

but BECAUSE of it?"

- Con

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Besides your obvious frustration and impatience expressed with the expletive (typos are clever but awfully transparent) have you been able to substantiate religion as the "Most Evil”?

I believe I can and have. Though I guess my understanding or statements as such are not as transparent as my typos.

The most basic and simple way I can state what it is that I am saying is thus.

With the Understanding that let:

Religion:

defined as a grouping of "likeminded" in a spiritual belief gathering together.

That being the basic classical translation of "Religion".

I am stating that one's association with a "religion" is less effective for their own Personalized Relationship with Our God.

Mankind doesn't "Know" the higher understandings of the relationship with our God as of yet.

Thus:

Associating in with a religion that says "Spirituality is thus" and "God is this" is like taking a placebo as to the true and worthwhile walk of a personal nature with the one true God.

Thus, the illusion of the rightiousness, that deflates into the understanding of selfcenter illusion through one's own selfrightousness due to the desire to make God this or that, being a self willed projection of God rather then the truth therefore.

Religion is the greatest evil of mankind when it comes to any singular man and their creator created relationship with the one true God.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Moreover I'll even take it that last couple of steps.

From my perspective, and although you might argue this, I don't think really you have room to, the reason for our being created above all other thing is that we might have a relationship with that force that created us.

Being that the desire of "God" in creating us is so that we might have a relationship with God, and though understanding that relgion takes away from the individual a closer and more accurate walk with God their personal creator:

Religion can thus be defined as the "Most Evil".

However, I'm not an absolutes type of person. The other side of the coin is that through religion maybe the majority of people have a closer walk with their true creator God then they would be able to have alone.

However as a unit religion has done more to antiunderstanding of God in truth in our world then it has to increase understanding.

Religion is like a stagnate pond of water. If you drink it without boiling it first you'll mostlikely die.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The most basic and simple way I can state what it is that I am saying is thus.

With the Understanding that let:

Religion:

defined as a grouping of "likeminded" in a spiritual belief gathering together.

Ok,,

That being the basic classical translation of "Religion".

Ok,,

I am stating that one's association with a "religion" is less effective for their own Personalized Relationship with Our God.

Perhaps not but that doesn't say why it is the greatest evil of mankind

Mankind doesn't "Know" the higher understandings of the relationship with our God as of yet.

Perhaps not and most likely never will for generations but again that is speaking to another question and not mine.

Associating in with a religion that says "Spirituality is thus" and "God is this" is like taking a placebo as to the true and worthwhile walk of a personal nature with the one true God.

I don't know that is true but I DO know placebo can have the same effect as the real thing but that is another discussion. Getting back to my question which you stilll have not answered.

Thus, the illusion of the rightiousness, that deflates into the understanding of selfcenter illusion through one's own selfrightousness due to the desire to make God this or that, being a self willed projection of God rather then the truth therefore.

Are you speaking foro God? Or are you speaking for those who you think are self centered under the illusion your own self righteousness.

Religion is the greatest evil of mankind when it comes to any singular man and their creator created relationship with the one true God.

This comparison makes no logical sense what so ever.

Are you comparing "Religion" to man as what is more evil? Man is the ONLY thing that can navigate a religions motives its doctrine and the actions good or evil carried out in its name.

Man is the most evil NOT Religion or any actions you want to make Religion responsible inlieu of man.

Man is where the blame should be placed, not Religion as an excuse

Man is responsible for his own actions, saying Religion is responsible is as flimsy an argument as Charles Mansons excuse was for blaming the Beatles song Helter Skelter as if Music was now the reason for evil.

1. You still haven't answered my question. What PROOF, what formal research or study do you have that substantiates your assertions?

2. When you refer to "Our" God, what God are you talking about?

- Con

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I dare you! To go to your church of choice stand up in the middle of church and offer up an unpopular idealisim about "God" in that church "Show", and let us see how long it is before your are removed.

My point is this. Churchs LIE they will say God is like THIS, and if one person in this world truly understood what God was like would there be need for churches?

That Church you go to, is a crust old scab. It holds the infections of confusion and misunderstandings beneath. It will not surve you in a established way to help you truly understand what walking with God is.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

1. You still haven't answered my question. What PROOF, what formal research or study do you have that substantiates your assertions?

When I say "Our God" I'm speaking about the original creative source of the all of creation, the reason you need even ask me "what" God I'm speaking of is PROOF of your first question.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

When I say "Our God" I'm speaking about the original creative source of the all of creation, the reason you need even ask me "what" God I'm speaking of is PROOF of your first question.

The reason I am asking has nothing to do with my question it has to do with whether you are talking about the same one as mine and apparently not. My God would be The Christian God Jesus.

Btw I have added to that post above''

- Con

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by jedimiller

I dare you! To go to your church of choice stand up in the middle of church and offer up an unpopular idealisim about "God" in that church "Show", and let us see how long it is before your are removed.

My point is this. Churchs LIE they will say God is like THIS, and if one person in this world truly understood what God was like would there be need for churches?

That Church you go to, is a crust old scab. It holds the infections of confusion and misunderstandings beneath. It will not surve you in a established way to help you truly understand what walking with God is.

Yet you don't see the heretical suppositions YOU claim would be just as likely you get thrown out for same?

- Con

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The "Christian God Jesus"? #### a Christ-Stain ######. That's so offencive. Jesus never said he was God. (in the highest understanding of the context).

Jesus said "OUR FATHER" just as I am saying it again now.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

The "Christian God Jesus"? That's a Christ-Stain beLIEf. That's so offencive. Jesus never said he was God. (in the highest understanding of the context).

O spare me the mundane disengenuous platitudes about you being Offended son. You act like you never heard that Jesus said I and the father are one, NO ONE gets to the father but by me.

If God wants to take a part of himself and send it down to earth in the form of flesh so that he can have that pay the blood sacrifice while leaving another part of himself in another singularity to support this plan then who am I to say he can't do it HE DID DO IT moreover he said it and proved it 2 timothy 2:8

Jesus said "OUR FATHER" just as I am saying it again now.

Oh brother, I hope you pull your blind face out of your backside before you die!

I don't know about that son,, I spent a lot of time studying this at AZ south western Bible College you sound like a Jehovahs witness to me,, are you ?

If so, it would be understandable why you think what you do, Taze Russel never did impress me as someone who had a good understanding of the trinity. JW's use ad hom's ?? mmmm just wondering.

You still haven't answered my question regardless if I am not "good enough" a believer in God for you. I don't seek you approval.

- Con

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No you again misunderstand. That's not offenive to me. It's offencive to Jesus's Father, Our Creator "God".

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

No you again misunderstand. That's not offenive to me. It's offencive to Jesus's Father, Our Creator "God".

Look you are just adding more questions and not answering them, it is evident you think you are right yet it is I quoting scripture to substantiate my suppositions, not you. You still haven't proven Religion as the most evil you can't even support that God is offended but I can show you where God the Father puts Jesus first for making that sacrifice.

If you are going to use Thrinitarian doctrine then please make use of logical inductive arguments to support them or we are done here.

Your opinions I get my ideas from my colon doesn't add any credibility to your assertions in fact, they only hurt your testimony.

- Con

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The reason I am asking has nothing to do with my question it has to do with whether you are talking about the same one as mine and apparently not. My God would be The Christian God Jesus.

Jesus, huh? So, what do you think Jesus would think of this religion started in his name? or of his "followers"?(or should I say consumers. Fast faith! 2 billion served! free fries with each Eucharist!)

The problem with religion is most of these people don't really care about what the religion really stands for. If they did, this world wouldn't suck nearly as much as it does.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I dare you to go to ANY gathering of believers in ANYTHING and speak against their idealisms as you put it and see how long it is before you are removed.

Be it Republicans, Christians, Democrats, Atheists, Goths, Punks ANY sort of gathering of like minded people.

Might want to take a close look at the history of the Catholic Schism that spawned Protestantism.

And I just find it funny when people keep thinking that a concept is an infectious disease that will make someone do something despite themselves.
Of course the ones usually saying that are members of a opposing concept.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

That's awesome!!!

If they put 21% in the collection plate does that equate to "Supersizing" their salvation?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
And sorry Incarnated but it sounds like your just trying to set up your own little sect.
Perhaps for the greater good, perhaps to assure yourself your own holiness.
But others have tried that which is where you get Protestantism and look were it has gotten.

Religion does not make one kill.
Religious leaders that twist beliefs for material gain do.
People that see a material benefit in killing the "unbeliever" kill.
NOT Religion itself.

As you cannot argue there are a great many "religious" people that would not do such things. And yet you continue your mass labeling as followers of "evil".
I would imagine deep down psychologically it's to assure yourself of your own holiness.
No offense meant just what I see.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker

The problem with religion is most of these people don't really care about what the religion really stands for. If they did, this world wouldn't suck nearly as much as it does.

Jesus, huh? So, what do you think Jesus would think of this religion started in his name? or of his "followers"?(or should I say consumers. Fast faith! 2 billion served! free fries with each Eucharist!)

You are asking me to speculate and I think I their has been enough of that in this thread moreover you obviously think the missions and projects to feed hungry house the poor etc don't require resources.

How much money has Religion "robbed" you of? If none then you'll have to have someone make this complaint that feels this way, otherwise you are just being argumentative.

The problem with religion is most of these people don't really care about what the religion really stands for. If they did, this world wouldn't suck nearly as much as it does

Again you are blaming Religion for all the evil in the world and making it responsible for the worlds happiness as if you have come from a place where they do it better to compare to the "sucky" way we do it here and now. This sounds more like a bad attitude and again I assume it is Religions fault.

Ok Ok

Bad Religion! BAD! BAD! BAD! BAD!

There, that ought to tell it eh.

- Con

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Religion is not evil. Religion is only a concept. It is mankind who is and always will be evil. They will use religion, politics, business, race or anything else they can think of to gain their selfish desires. Stop blaming the symptom and focus on the problem.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join