It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is the great evil of mankind.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
God says:

Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open to you.

However Religious leaders would tell you that only the words and their peceptions and inturpetations of a singular religious text are they only thing truthworthy and true. Religious leaders would have you stay in ignorance, because it's easier to control your mind and tell you what it is you think you want to hear that way.

In the days that the christ walked the earth, he spoke aginst orginzed religion and then mankind makes several religious factors out of that.

When will mankind wake up and realize there's no easy road to rightiousness? When will religious fools wake up and realize they are being lied to by religious leaders?

I'm not stating that religious leaders are doing this with ill entent, but through their own ignrance.

Religion is the greatest evil of mankind.

Religion is define as a "grouping of peoples with the same or simular enough religious beliefs".

The very origin of the word is selfrightousness. It would have you believe a group knows the truth over another. LIES!!!

This is the greatest CONspiracie in "Religion".

What says you?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I totally agree with you Incarnated. Organized religion was invented by man and is therefore prone to many flaws. It cannot be unquestionably trusted, although that's what most religious leaders want you to believe. It's all about control. So many of the leaders are in it for the money, wealth, and power. And of course there's the attention-seekers who like to show off and put on a good show. People have to be really careful who they trust.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by MissInformation]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I think you pretty much got it. I hate that one religion thinks they are the only way and all others are false. There are a billion different religions and they cannot all be right. Religion has caused a lot of harm in this world and it is time to end it.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I disagree.
Religion in and of itself is not evil.
It is after all just word. It is neither good nor evil. Rather like a gun.
I think it is yet another sign of our times that people feel the need to blame words rather than people for the problems that people bring with said words.
After all we do live in a time that even a killer is a victim of someone and should be treated with kid gloves DESPITE the fact that whoever just took another life that cannot be brought back.

And its intolerance that MUST be ended not religion. Intolerance kills.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I also have a similar belief.

I am a Christian, i love my faith. I believe that my faith is right for me. I also believe that all other faiths are also correct. How can this be? Well it is not for this thread.

I believe that religion as it stands can be considered evil, however, i only see it as evil for those that are already followers of that religion that are not comfortable in their faith and those that are followers of other religions.

The conundrum comes when we look at those who are still searching. If people are searching for some sort of truth in their lives, then it becomes difficult for them to find it without organised religion that they can turn to in those times.

Is organised religion evil? I would say yes.
Is it still necessary? I would say yes.

In saying all this, most religions could look at Buddhism to see how a religion can show tolerance with all others. This would fix alot of problems and potentially fix the 'evil' part of religion.

EDIT:

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
And its intolerance that MUST be ended not religion. Intolerance kills.

Damnit... you beat me to the word tolerance... lol

[edit on 19/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

[edit on 19/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I disagree. Religion is an idea. Neither good nor evil, just an idea. It is what men and women do with it that can be turned to good or evil. The true evil is, of course, ignorance. Refusal to learn, obfuscation of the truth, these things lead to the dark turns that almost every religion has taken through history.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
God says:

Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open to you.

However Religious leaders would tell you that only the words and their peceptions and inturpetations of a singular religious text are they only thing truthworthy and true. Religious leaders would have you stay in ignorance, because it's easier to control your mind and tell you what it is you think you want to hear that way.

In the days that the christ walked the earth, he spoke aginst orginzed religion and then mankind makes several religious factors out of that.

When will mankind wake up and realize there's no easy road to rightiousness? When will religious fools wake up and realize they are being lied to by religious leaders?

I'm not stating that religious leaders are doing this with ill entent, but through their own ignrance.

Religion is the greatest evil of mankind.

Religion is define as a "grouping of peoples with the same or simular enough religious beliefs".

The very origin of the word is selfrightousness. It would have you believe a group knows the truth over another. LIES!!!

This is the greatest CONspiracie in "Religion".

What says you?

I says that Satan runs this place. There are over 400 different versions of the bible today in the USA... Mainly to decieve and confuse... What does God think about people stealing his words? You should know what he thinks about that...

The lord also tells us about levin in the church... He tells us even the smallest amout of levin in your church will levenith the whole... When this is said he is talking about when one person is a mason for example and is attending your church... It only takes 1 to levenith the whole. So no matter how good you might be your church might be corrupt thus making you corrupt as well. I know that is hard to handle, but it's true, look at all the people in the Mormon religion, a religion formed by witches... Yes look it up and you'll see that Smith was a acting warlock... I'd have to say it's almost impossible without the help of God to find a church without levin. There is a video which I have and can share with you, actually 2, called The illuminati exposed 1 and 2. Which explains exactly what satan is doing and why and the source is very credible. He will show you how different all the bibles are and why satan is doing this... He is trying to confuse the word... Like the lord says his book is as powerfull as his word... The true bible which the lords tells us will have the name of a king, is the King James... If you're using any other bible you're missing parts or words have been changed... In the videos he gives you very good examples... Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not the churches that are corrupting it's the corrupt people who attend them.

One more thing, which is also on the video, masons/illuminatists/skull and cross bones etc. all are the same thing btw, all give themselves to satan when they join... As you know you can't worship satan and God you have to do either or...

Sorta off topic: What's funny is people seem to only look at one aspect of life, the physical and what can be seen... UFO's are great, but they are decievers, there is much more than just human and alien and UFO's going on and it deals with spirituality, satan and the lord all mighty... Also do some research on the 7 seals to see that we are entering the 7th seal... The approach of Nibiru is near and something is going to happen... Now is the time to make sure you are right with the lord more so than any time in the world... For all those caught up with corrupt churches know you can practice under any rock! Which means you can practice your faith without having to be in a church... Your relationship with God is yours and yours only... It's not up to a church to tell you what's right and wrong... Make sure you have the right bible, the one with power, and you'll do just fine... Kudos

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Erm I am sorry?
Nah with more feeling.
I'm sooooo sorrryyyyyy please forgive me!!!!!!!!

heheheh
Sorry just being silly.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Althou I dont fully agree with Your previous posts where you claim to be who you claim to be , for this post you have my absolut agreement
a star and a flag for You .

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thank you for proving my point

Where do you guys come up with this random nonsense? I know it's hard to find a good church and even the right bible but come on guys...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jcbrownman

Umm she said it before you said your statement......

But sorry OP I can't kept my fingers um silent sometimes.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Religion the greatest evil? come on man. now you just fooling us. My sister became a christian after a bad marriage. it's been 2 years. her husband doesn't drink anymore. he doens't hit the kids anymore and he's gotten straight. thanks to religion. My sister has become less dependent on materials and her focus is now on god, instead of money.

so you telling me that's the greatest evil? wrong.

the greastest evil is George Bush.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
I disagree.
Religion in and of itself is not evil.
It is after all just word. It is neither good nor evil. Rather like a gun.

Totally correct here. Nothing in itself (except perhaps some people) are evil in itself. It is how you use them. So religion is not evil itself, it's the priests and some supporters that set them above others - they're the evil.

Religion can do many good things to people - as someone here just said.. But when misused by evil characters, it appears to many that religion itself is evil even it is not.

People themselves are evil when they allow these evil men/women(rarely) to misuse their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Jesus did NOT have anything against organized religion, he was often heard speaking critical of the Pharasee's Sadusee's Preachers of the law where he would exploit the piety sanctimonious haughtyness of ther ignorance and how pride, ego corrupted the church as it does in politics in Corporations etc.

To make a sweeping generaliztion ie; religion is evil, is one logical fallacy but to embellish it to top billing in that which is evil is simply ignorant and it implys a solution that one can imagine could only be seen as another type of evil.

- Con

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Religion the greatest evil? come on man. now you just fooling us. My sister became a christian after a bad marriage. it's been 2 years. her husband doesn't drink anymore. he doens't hit the kids anymore and he's gotten straight. thanks to religion. My sister has become less dependent on materials and her focus is now on god, instead of money.

so you telling me that's the greatest evil? wrong.

the greastest evil is George Bush.

George Bush claims that god told him to invade Iraq; Peter Sucliffe killed 13 women claiming god told him to; god allegedly inspired the Israelites to commit genocide (the Midianites, Jericho etc); the Crusades were brutal, unnecessary and motivated entirely by religion; the Spanish Inquisition was religious; witches were burned on religious grounds; Elizabeth I persecuted Catholics; the troubles in Northern Ireland are driven by religious differences, but your brother in law no longer drinks, doesn't beat his children and your sister has found god, so it isn't all bad! The world continues to polarise itself through hatred born out of religion.

'Good men do good things and evil men do evil things, but for a good man to do something evil requires Religion.'

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Naboo the Enigma

Two falsities you have there man.

the Crusades were brutal, unnecessary and motivated entirely by religion

The Crusades were motivated by greed my friend.
At that time rich trade routs for India and China came through that area.
I am inclined to believe that is what they wanted.

'Good men do good things and evil men do evil things, but for a good man to do something evil requires Religion.'

Once again that is the argument of everyone is a victim, even if they kill someone. Which is false eve in that new package.

The problem is INTOLERANCE.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
Elizabeth I persecuted Catholics; the troubles in Northern Ireland are driven by religious differences, but your brother in law no longer drinks, doesn't beat his children and your sister has found god, so it isn't all bad! The world continues to polarise itself through hatred born out of religion.

true that religion was "BAD" in the 1700's and such. But i'm talking about religion today. Many good people go to church..they are good people. In jail houses prision mates get cured by joining a religious group and reading the bible. religion is not evil today, but it could have been in the past. But from my experience, as a christian for 10 years..religion is not evil at all. it's absurd to say that religion is all evil.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Let us not forget the way to peace is through unity. This is the goal of mankind. How can this be achieve with a bunch of fools walking around thinking their relationship or understanding of what God is is in fact the real deal while they think badly, even in tolerance, about other's idology's of God?

It can't. This is the biggest trouble to peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Would you really agree so quickly with someone that would compair a phyical item such as a gun with a idology (thought)?

That's just ignorance. Religion is nothing like a gun. A gun is phyical item.

Ignorance? Really?
Does a gun do anything without a person causing it to do something?
I think not. Rather like that thing called religion.

Religion however is the coming together of a group of people with the motorvation that in numbers their idology of what the "truth" is becomes more correct.

Religion itself in that way Is Evil.

Personally I've counted over 12 seprate "christian" religions all believeing that the others are "wrong" and that they are "rightousness". They all can not be right, thus they are all wrong.

Such beliefs are lies groupings within religion tell themselves to pride their selfrightous behaviors and self egotistic bloating.

It's less effective for personal truthful relationship with God.

Thus, in the context of spiritual well being of each person and the planet as a whole, Religion is the greatest evil of mankind.

The majority of people that refuse to believe there is even a god has roots in the selfrightousness of orginized religion.

Religion is not bringing anyone closer to God and it is actually making Adversions to God in the conscious minds of men.

Sounds more like man's true problem. INTOLERANCE.

That's not evil to you? Are you that blind? Are you that big of a fool in your selfrightous egotistical bloating?

Please keep this bit of ad hom tripe to yourself please?
Religion in and of itself does not cause the problems you have listed mankind on the other hand does.

And no because differences in opinions does not kill peace.
The inability to accept others being different is what kills peace.

The idea that everyone will one day magically agree is pure fantasy.

It is only by tolerance will there ever be peace.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join