It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is There To Do in LA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A friend of mine at work is going to LA for a few days to visit family. I've only been there once.

I suggested to check out the LACMA, catch a flick at the Arc Light, and see the pier in Santa Monica.

However, I want to give her a few other things to do there.

Anyone care to give up a few things they did there that was fun?

Thanks.

-The Big O

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think Mt. Wilson observatory still has tours... LA is a great place to drink. Some nice sport riding out in the hills.

Vic

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I told her about some of the cool bars and night life. But she and her husband aren't really partiers, though I'm sure they'll catch dinner somewhere nice while they're there.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
id like to piggy back on this thread and ask:

what is there to do in LA if you do not drink?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
id like to piggy back on this thread and ask:

what is there to do in LA if you do not drink?

I know, I know!

But hey, as I said, they're going to visit family and wanted to know of a few things to do. I came up with what I could that was non "party" related. I figured this was as good a place to ask as any for other ideas.

I'd tell them to hit up the zoo too but they're going to the San Diego zoo when they go to San Diego for a few days during the trip too.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My wife and I vacationed in the LA area last year.

We stayed in Anahiem, yes to do Disney, we also made the drive to Universal Studios, take the tour, its awesome.

Drive to and around Beverly Hills, it's really neat. Go walk on Rodeo Dr. and window shop.

There's a Cheesecake Factory restaurant in BH, you can Sit outside and watch all the expensive cars drive by.

We drove around Mullholland Dr. where a lot of the stars live. Didn't see any one famous, but it was neat to be there.

Go to Hollywood Blvd and walk around (during the day), check out the stars on the side walk.

Drive the Sunset Strip.

Santa Monica is beautiful.

San Diego is pretty close, you can go to the zoo, it's pretty awesome too.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
maybe im just picky, but none of that sounds remotely fun. lol. perhaps LA isn't the best place for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i would recommend taking a drive up PCH through malibu then up sunset into beverly hills...plenty of things to do during the drive, tons of places to stop, eat and hang out at

LA is awesome, i love living here

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ok, I've thought long and hard on this one. I know your friends aren't partiers, but from my experiences visiting the Vast land of the Odd, the best time I had was going to Hollywood at night, and just people watch.... It's creepy, but fun at the same time to see all the oddballs that come out of the woodwork as the sun goes down.

I wouldn't advise doing this alone, mind you, but it's a great experience that they will be able to talk about for years to come.

A_L

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, get stuff guys/gals, I appreciate the help.

I gave her most of the suggestions.

From what she's started to plan, sounds like she's going to have a great time. I know I did when I was there.

You're right on with he oddball watching. We got pretty drunk when we went out, but no matter how f'ed up we were, there was ALWAYS someone drunker, or more coked up, than anyone we knew possibly could be.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Don't forget the incredible museums out here - the Getty is a MUST see these days.

Stay away from Downtown at all costs... in about 1-2 years time it will be the best place to go in LA, but now they are just in loads of construction.

Find a Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles and EAT EAT EAT....

Also, find the Tito's Tacos in Culver City.

top topics

join