It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Aboard Toxic Airlines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Welcome Aboard Toxic Airlines

www.dailymail.co.uk

Based on six years of research into a phenomenon that I believe threatens every airline passenger today, my findings will be the major contribution of a Panorama investigation to be shown on BBC1 next month.

For what worries me enormously is that this imagined tragedy could happen any day, on any flight, in any part of the world.

You see, my fictional flight, JASP 303, wasn't brought down by a pilot error or technical failure; it was brought down by a contaminated air supply that poisoned the flight-deck crew and damaged their cognitive abilities so badly they were no longer able to fly their plane.

Even more worrying is that, just like an over-confident drunk-driver at the wheel of a car, they would have no idea they were doing anything wrong.

They were suffering from something doctors, scientists, the Australian Senate and many others call 'aerotoxic syndrome' and, alarmingly, it's not something I've made up.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 2-18-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hello all,

Please excuse the fact that this article is over 2 days old and technically goes against the rules of this thread. I wanted to post it in the Research Forum but I guess I do not have enough points or something.
Mods: Please move the thread at your discretion however I feel the subject may deserve the attention that the Alt News Forum gets. Apologies if this has/is already been/being discussed, I could not find anything when I did a search.

Would be nice to know of anyone who has experienced any of these symptons on a flight and if this is such a big problem then why has there not been more cases of this happening on long flights?

I remember my father, who worked for Rolls Royce aircraft, saying that in the days when smoking was allowed on flights he thought the air quality was alot better because they had to change the filter and scrubbers on the air con that much more.
Now most airlines will not see this as imperative and will obviously cut as many costs as possible.
You can see the smoke but not the toxins.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry more links

www.toxicairlines.com

www.welcomeaboardtoxicairlines.com

Although the first link is an article in the Daily Mail, the bastion of middle class scaremongering, if feel the subject has some merit.

I just want to be clear I only read this paper when I fancy a good chuckle.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
geez...99 views and not one reply.
I thought I was apathetic.

Maybe I'll just find stuff out and not let anyone know in the future...eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I, too, am surprised you haven't had any comments on your thread. After reading it I immediately did some research.

It seems there are articles that are pro and con concerning air quality in airline cabins.

www.flyana.com/air.html
www.boeing.com/commercial/cabinair.facts.html

So, what source do we believe? Hopefully you will be able to answer that question with your research.

Dizziedame

top topics

join