It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would want to live on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If what John Lear talks about is correct and there are all these people just like you and I then my question is why would anyone in thier right mind want to live there? The planet is harsh and in my opinion would really suck to live on!
So I guess my other question would be what are they doing there and what is so important to keep them there? John or sleeper if you'd like to comment that would be great! thanks!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I designed the Mars rovers and study this stuff.Lear is correct about people who look like us living on Mars.This Mars man I found in the rover pics wears a cap,and is perhaps in his 50's in Earth years I suppose. Froggy looking animal next to rover tracks.
First Mars man I saw and couldn't believe my eyes...like I was hallucinating. This is the most famous Martian on Earth today,yet Nasa blacked out her face and the news calls her a statue,and that's a purposeful lie. I can tell you thousands of useless facts about life on Mars.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
were you employed by JPL when you designed the Rover?

What about the true nature of the planets colors?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You mean i get to plod around in a safety-suit heavier than i am all day long?

Sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
But if they are lying and hiding the fact that people are on Mars maybe they are also lying about the harsh conditions, for all we know it might really be like a paradise.

I’d like to visit if it was possible, at least it’s something different.

Mikey

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
exactly....that's why I'm curious about the true nature of the planets colors as experienced with the Rovers cameras......

I'm hoping this individual comes back to answer a few questions....or a lot of questions...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I’m going to say Mars is just like our planet – oceans, trees and all. I’m also going to say so is Venus, Europa and Titan.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

If it doesn't get over 80F, it is just about paradise! Well, just a bit cooler would be nice.

I would rather travel the stars and pass by the gas giants and view other space anomalies, than be stuck on what appears to be such a drab world so far (taking that the water is underground and there isn't foliage being hidden). If it isn't as such, I wouldn't mind being one of the first residents.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'd want to live in Mars. and why not? I'm a single guy with no future..I like being alone and play video games, watch movies, go dune buggin', heck Mars is the perfect place for me. I would need the internet and a webcam to keep in touch with da ladies..but sign me up on the next Mars Mission..please.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Can somebody let me know if they see any faces in these images and their age? Thanks .I have a theory that younger people see more.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Above to the left of the goo at the bottom middle is a face wearing sunglasses. Another one is above to the right of the same goo. It at the left bottom corner of a rock. Even the goo itself has a face. I always wanted to live of Mars. There's a problem getting there.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would love to visit Mars!
Live there? Not sure. I imagine simply existing would be dificult; getting used to living in cramped conditions, the food (which would probably be repetitive), the ever-present space suit...but apart from that, sign me up for the next trip! Good grief, who wouldn't want to go to such a fantastic place!
As a short term project, living on a nother planet would be beyond belief. Who could fail to be amazed by waking to an alien sunrise, experiencing weather unlike anything here on earth, traversing a landscape that is totally, unutterably foreign?

And not forgeting visiting all those sites pointed out by J.Skipper and the like...and yes, I'd have a camera at the ready!

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
I designed the Mars rovers and study this stuff.Lear is correct about people who look like us living on Mars.This Mars man I found in the rover pics wears a cap,and is perhaps in his 50's in Earth years I suppose... I can tell you thousands of useless facts about life on Mars.

With respect, are you being serious?

You designed the Mars rovers? Why do I find that hard to believe?

From your style of writing, and granting that it is not a true measure of a persons character, I'd say you had absolutely nothing to do with the construction of the Mars landers and more to do with being, say, a Trekkie.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, I love Star Trek, but it's important to know where to draw the line, stop blurring sci-fi with reality and bringing unverifiable claims to the discussion. It'll end up with you getting banned.

Of course, I could be wrong and if I am, I will apologise profusely.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You are wrong and I am sci-fi and reality based as you'll see with little actual effort.I'll probably show you more Mars faces of people and animals than you'll get anywhere else in the next few years. Let me repeat that there are people on Mars who look like us and wear clothes.There are tons of animals on Mars .Some animals look like our Earth animals like reptiles and snakes and rats,very common on both Earth and Mars. There are dinosaur fossils,so they appear to have a similar evolutionary pattern. None of the humanoids that I can tell wear a breathing aparatus,so for them it's breathable. Those findings alone are miles ahead of Nasa releasing that they've even found one drop of water. Does that seem logical or peculiar? If you can't see my faces in images(1,ooo images) then I can't make you see patterns,but if you ask some artist friends if they see these faces then you'll find out how good you are at pattern recognition rather than flights of fantasy and youthful desire/wishfull dreaming without the benefit of adequate info to make decisions.Test your skills friend. Dragons
Sandmarie
Froggy looking
Human wearing Cap I found April 2004
Lizards with MARBLE BLACK EYES(Nasa told you that?) nah
This is the easy stuff,hope you are getting it all
This is harder,humanoid faced dragon (still freaky)
If I lost you on that one,here's a model so you don't feel left out
Now here's the first Mars man I saw and it was very tough,so I made it easy for the beginners.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I am of the opinion that there may well be living organisms on Mars. Sites such as this:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

make the subject of this thread, living on Mars, even more interesting. To visit the areas studied by J.Skipper (author of above site) would be fascinating, not to say revealing. He makes a very strong arguement for prolific, and in some cases, gargantuan vegetation surviving, and indeed thriving, on the Martian surface. The sheer amount of research he has done is outstanding, and it puts across a persuasive arguement.

I am willing to accept that Mr Skipper may not be correct in his findings, however, I do think he has accumulated some seriously interesting evidence that demands further consideration.

Your offerings, however, come across totally differently. If photos from the Martian surface need to be filtered, compressed and/or stretched for them the reveal "Martians", surely the original material has been corrupted to such an extent that whatever "evidence" found is not worthy of consideration? Any pixellated photo can be altered to give forth supposedly hidden faces and creatures if you screw around with it enough.

If you can't see my faces in images(1,ooo images) then I can't make you see patterns,but if you ask some artist friends if they see these faces then you'll find out how good you are at pattern recognition rather than flights of fantasy and youthful desire/wishfull dreaming without the benefit of adequate info to make decisions

No, I cant see real faces in your examples. I can see shapes that simulate faces. I am, for your information, an artist and sculptor and therefore have a pretty good sense of perception and pattern recognition when it comes to positive and negative shapes. Heck, I can even see those weird 3D pictures you have to stare at until they jump out at you.

And sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about when you mention flights of fantasy and youthful desire. I believe the use of the term "flights of fantasy" is somewhat misdirected. And thanks for assuming that I'm youthful. I'm not.

You used the name "Sandmarie" in one of your descriptions. You're not Rik Riley under another name, are you? And do tell us about designing the Mars Rovers.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I borrowed RikRiley's name for these beings.Since you're an artist ,which Item is real and which has been altered to the point of destroying facial detail?You like mine better than the Press release international version,right?Nasa is Blackfacing and sandbagging YOU. My NEGATIVE image offers more detail.Watch how her head moved between frames.She's ALIVE,not a ROCK.You see rocks? I see faces.Live ones here.If you are a sculptor,you see her symetry 100% more than a rock could have with such perfection and function.Rocks don't move their heads.
Here's the lie they call a statue or rock.
Now MY version again,brightened.
Not ONE but 2 Live animals because there is one other resting on HER lap thereby causing her to rest her arm on the back of the head of second creature.But She's not sitting on a DUMB ROCK,because why would she sit on a jagged rock when she could sit on another creature like a lizard,which Nasa has made LOOK like a ROCK? Bit I'm an artist who sees faces and shapes.That "ROCK" she's sitting on is throwing a symetrical pointed chin shadow like a type of Lizard I pictured 2005 Opportunity rover with black as marbles eyes.They strongly resemble her rock.....why I used 3D image because of less nasa monkeys toying with it.
I collect faces,not rocks.RikRiley's sandmarie stares at my Spirit rover cam.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If you see Rik,tell him they just ruin the shot.PLEASE !

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What are these pictures supposed to be of? And I looked for the faces and didn't see anything, the pictures don't look like anything more than nothing... What the heck are they please!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcbrownman
If what John Lear talks about is correct and there are all these people just like you and I then my question is why would anyone in thier right mind want to live there?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to live on many places on Earth? The Sahara Desert... The Arctic Circle... yet they do and they could move to Florida, the land of Spring Break Beach Babes

The planet is harsh and in my opinion would really suck to live on!

So let me get this straight...

You are saying you accept John's word about the people...
But you accept NASA's word about the conditions?

So I guess my other question would be what are they doing there and what is so important to keep them there?

What are you doing here on Earth that is so important that keeps you here?

John or sleeper if you'd like to comment that would be great! thanks!

John is currently visiting Steve Fossett on Mars and can't come to the phone right now

As to the NASA Truth About Mars... I have only one piece of evidence to offer...

From a closed to the public NASA presentation by Jim Garvin, NASA's leading scientist..

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nsaeyes
What about the true nature of the planets colors?

Seek and Ye Shall Find the Truth...

Seek Here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I still can't see what you see. However, I have gone down your route of altering images until they produce something. This was cropped from your original, the section circled, run through photoshop (sharpened and blurred a few times, coloured then inverted) and TA DAAA! A lizard (or is it a dragon)!

See how easy it is to fool yourself?

And as to the "figure" on Mars; why would NASA go to the trouble of altering the image, if all they had to do was remove it? It's so darn small that a little airbrushing would've solved the problem, and no-one would have been any the wiser. Wouldn't that have been simpler?

Believe it or not, I am not attacking your beliefs, just your methodology. Posting altered images will not sell your ideas to anyone, and saying you have to have a trained eye to see "them" is simply alienating ('scuse the pun) most people.

We're posting on this thread because it posed a fascinating question. Living on the red planet would, IMO, be incredible, life changing and put the whole human experience into perspective.
If life is found there, in whatever form, we will never be the same again. Our loneliness will have come to an end. It might give us all a valuable incentive to rethink our own predicament, shun our hardwired distrust of each other, maybe even begin to like each other. We can only dream of such a time.
To stand on such a foreign shore, staring into a night sky back at your home world is a scenario beyond imagination.
I truly envy the Apollo astronauts, but consider those lucky men and women who will finally set foot on Mars (if we're not already there) to be the luckiest people alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join