It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I just witnessed outside of my window a falling greenish light. It was not falling in the sense that it was floating though, it simply fell as if it were a firework dud. Could this have been a meteor, or simply what it looked like, a Firework Dud? How could I distinguish the two? It went down, and in no other direction, behind some trees up the street, though I am not exactly sure where. I live in a fairly populated area, and it is now 1:46 AM, it occured at 1:20 AM. It made no noise, any ideas?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Where do you live cause your time is my time and also go and check it out!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Haha, I live near D.C., in Northern, VA. How about you?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thats classified
Im Joking! i live in New York heh you should go check it out report it to your newspaper or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Are you sure you didnt imagine it? Your mind can play tricks on u sometimes....

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Well, there are such things as green meteorites. I've seen a few myself up north when I was younger. I'm not saying that's what it is, it's just an idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Don't worry, Im not the type of person who believes every green flash has to be aliens. I just wanted to know if anyone had seen a green meteor before.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Green meteor trails are common

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i've seen green meteor trails before... i can't remember what mineral it is that causes them, i want to say iron or copper but that's probably wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just received a reply from a NASA Astronomer who told me the Green is quite common, and stems from the fact that the Meteoroid must have had a high Nickel content. My friend just admitted to me that he had seen a Blue one behind his townhouse around a year ago too. It's even more amazing that I live in an area so populated, and still managed to see this. Within 5-7 Miles of myself, there are at least 100,000 people. I feel lucky to have witnessed this. Thanks for the replies and help too.

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A couple of years back I saw a green 'light' fall from the sky. I assumed it to be a meteorite. It's not something you get to see every day.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No problem im sorry i couldnt help you more but it was getting late and i decided to get off.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's amazing, my father just told me he's seen a few before, but yeah, it's definitely not something you see everyday. I've seen them before and filmed them during the Leonid Showers, but I have never seen one so vividly, so GREEN, and so close as I did last night.

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

new topics

top topics

join