It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower site offline: Wikileaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It seams that only DNS resolving is disabled.
The IP address link still works.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nobody on these boards should worry. Wikileaks is a serious website that is a threat to people who maintain secrets to keep themselves in power. Members of government and elte members of large business instutions have alot to fear from wikileaks. ATS on the otherhand is mostly chocked full of alot of shlock about "buttprobing aliens in my closet" and "Jews control the world in secret through the nwo." Nobody here has anything to worry about. Even when something that is seriously important is said here, like say, the prescence of molten steel in the rubble of ground zero, it is always overshadowed by the gross ignorance of a loud few.
JW

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
It seams that only DNS resolving is disabled.
The IP address link still works.

Good find hawk123

Wow, I think that those just threatened someone at wikileaks:

This is your final warning -- if you desire to resolve this matter
without the necessity of litigation, your counsel may contact the
undersigned within twenty-four hours.

You act at your own peril.
wikileaks...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Thanks for that site, I have never been in this site, the information is incredible, I love the cayman Island disclosure.

This is some hot stuff, that is why the US court wants this to be gone and deal with, it does exposed nothing but the corruption that we already know is out there

I say we need to spread the news so everybody take a look at what corruption is all about.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Censorship of Wikileaks does not help. See:
Backup files are on:
www.delvacchio.it...

Also read the text on the IP address on Wikileaks: (See end of page)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Cayman Islands are between Cuba and Honduras.
Are Cayman Islands still used for Money Laundering ?

www.wikileaks.be...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If the banks lawyers were trying to suppress information, they sure went about it in the wrong way. This free media coverage is probably the best thing that could have happened to Wikileaks, and their server host Pirate Bay.

Wikileaks Has A Friend in Sweden

The records for the site’s I.P. address indicate that it is hosted by PRQ, based in Stockholm. ~

PRQ is owned by two founders of the Pirate Bay, the BitTorrent tracker site that is Hollywood’s least favorite online destination. The Pirate Bay guys have made a sport out of taunting all forms of authority, including the Swedish police, and PRQ has gone out of its way to host sites that other companies wouldn’t touch. It is perhaps the world’s least lawyer-friendly hosting company and thus a perfect home for Wikileaks,

The response isn't just the media either. A note in the comments section of the article points out that other Hosting companies are now providing Wikileaks domains free. They're also calling for other companies to do the same, and its working, judging by the list of external links at Wikipedia.

Meanwhile Dynodot, (Wikileaks Domain Name Registrar), released a press statement effectively washing their hands of the legal implications, and explaining the court order a little. But the interesting part is where they politely tell the bank what they think about this style of legal hoopla.

Media Statement on Behalf of Dynadot in re: Wikileaks Litigation

“Our company does not take a position on the merits of this litigation. However, if Julius Baer is concerned with the posting of its confidential documents on the __._ web site, it could have sought a more narrow remedy than seeking to have the entire __._ web site shut down.”

Whats that old song? Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right...

[edit on 2/20/08 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Rock on makeitso, You are totally right about the publicity. Now, the Julius Baer Bank will be forever associated with all sorts of misdeeds. True or not, the reaction that they gave has undoubtedly reinforced the claim published in wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It is not only the name of the bank, but also other famous names like:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join