It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd figure on mars found?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just found this other humanoid figure on mars. Before any one shouts rock, this looks very much like the other figure found. These rocks that look like figures, seem to have the same kind of clothing on. Like a robe with hood. The torso is clear as is the waist and arm. Can any one out there please do what ever it is you do, to make the picture clearer? I do not know how to do any of that. Thanks.

i275.photobucket.com...

Main page marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That is weird looking.It kind of looks like a tree stump to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Since the first "figure" was conclusively shown to be a tiny rock, why do you call this a "second" figure? There was no first.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by disownedsky]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hmmm, it does look interesting.... I wont shout rock, but I'm not sure what too make of it

[edit on 18-2-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If it is a tree trunk? It sure look like it is dancing. Look at it base, sand is being kick up. But to me it look like a woman wearing a long dress. Dancing and sliding around on Mars. It could easily be a man.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Looks like a figurine of the grim reaper.

Check it out.

www.pewtermanor.com...

Hoax?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well it's certainly not a hoax since it's in the original photo on the jpl site. My question is, however, if it's 'moving', where are its tracks? It is interesting, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If it is the Grim reaper? He most be dancing and singing don't fear the reaper. Actually,it doesn't look like the grim reaper. If you look at it. You can see that it is sliding to the left. On it knees. You can it left foot. Also it not wearing a hood.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's absolutely wild!

If nothing else, this image definitely indicates movement as evidenced by the sand at the base of the figure.

Could this be the expulsion of gasses by a fumarole type of structure?

Awesome find, iammonkey, flagged and starred!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Good find.
Intriguing stuff!

To me it looks like a creature that resembles an 'eagle'. Check out it's head with the beak pointing toward the left. I've darkened the area so it's easily distinguishable!

Wow! Eagles are wild and so is my imagination!! But what if it IS a Martian eagle??

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The "arm" outstretched, on the viewer's left, appears to be the shadow of a rock in the background.

But that still doesn't explain the origin of the "trunk" of this structure.

Edit to add: Whoops, I meant the viewer's left.

Well, come to think of it, the "arm" on the viewer's right looks like shadow play as well...

[edit on 18-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

This got me looking at the picture, and I'm now convinced the majority is shadow play, I just can't get my brain to figure out what I'm looking at... There is a couple parts that I can't figure what is causing it. The part that looks like dust or something has me confused, too.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
it's clearly a rock half buried in sand! I can't believe somebody sees a statue or whatever in that picture!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't wish to seem overly dismissive - but why do all these figures appear just where the shadow side of a rock might be? You can clearly see the defined line of the edge of the rock. You can see the direction of the light. Where would you expect to see the shadow? Other than where you see the "figure".

It's an interesting image, but really only because it's an interesting rock. Sorry.

LW

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nice find! I'm really glad more and more folks here are searching for anomalies on Mars (and the moon) it just make the odd's better and better as we search for the "smoking gun" or I should say proof of past or present life (or visits from the some other inteligence folks out in the great wide open)

I'm not sure what it looks like either like one other post said, It makes your brain keep flipping images in your eyes.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There's isn't enough additional structure for the entire anomaly to be simply generated by rock shadows, IMHO.

Especially the central pillar.

And rock shadows still wouldn't explain the apparent sand movement at the base.

What could cause the sand to be flung up in that manner?

I stand by my original assertion: a venting of gases.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well as much as I'd love to say it's chewbacca or something - if you guys all stop trying to look for a humanoid shape, and start looking for a shadow - you'll see it's just the dark side of the very rock the shape is "standing" next to (look at the original nasa image - it's more obvious with no yellow lines in the way).

Notice how the top of it's head is conveniently at the same height as the top of the rock? The sunlight is sort of just grazing that side of the rock and creating a weird shadow.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
uhuh ,,,
sorry
All I get is the side of a rock..........................really.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow! Who found this?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nice find.

Im new to this, i dunno but while i was looking at the link to the main pic, i came across this...

PIC 1
PIC 2 (Large)

Thoughts?

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Gillies]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join