It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vamp's are they out there!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ok i have been reading around ATS. I came across something that aroused my interasts in Vampires... and have many questions i wnat to know are there any real vamps. so if one can give me info on them but not just info... but settle my intrige in this subject... so plz help me!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
As far as vampires go, I would think that anything is possible. I used to think that the "Giant Squid" didn't exist, but recently they have found one over 60 feet long. It Just takes time and effort to find things that most think are myths. I believe in just about everything... some more than others, but As for Vampires, they are something I do believe in whole heartedly. just need actual proof, other than people that drink blood. Those kind of people just avoid sunlight, they can actually still go out in it... I think... as I said, just need proof

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Do a search on similar threads mate.

This question has been brought up over and over and over and over again and again...well you get the idea. It's been discussed in this forum all the time.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
alright thank you both for the replays um i will do some more serching around and see what i come up wit but i as fars as proof goes why would one need it to belive that something is real we can't see air but we belive that it is there right so why can't one belive in somtheing as wolfmen in momies and vamp's with out proof and with out beeing looked at funny when one brings up the subject not llike you did anythin but im just bring it up alright um but i will look around and see if can find my vamps (the ones i consider vamp's) so thank both of ya!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Actually, Buenojoe, I think it would be pretty easy to prove there was such thing as air. The element oxygen has been isolated, and if humans are deprived of it, they die. You can prove it without seeing it...and for all I know, there may be a way to add color to gases (any chemists on here?) so you could actually see it. The problem with believing in vampires (and werewolves for that matter) is telomeres chains. These are, basically, like the little plastic bits on shoelaces, except with DNA. Telomeres chains prevent your DNA from replicating indefinately, causing aging. For someone to live forever, like a vampire, they would have to get rid of these chains...but if that happens, your DNA would replicate like crazy, meaning your cells would begin to mutate, meaning cancer. Or something like that. I strongly encourage you to do your own research on the effects of getting rid of these chains, because I'm sure my knowledge is spotty.
The whole 'werewolf thing' would require a lack of telomeres chains. To be able to change from a person to a wolf would require being able to produce new bone and muscle mass, in addition to re-arranging existing bone and muscle. After doing this x amount of times, your telomeres chains would be drastically shortened, meaning you would age much faster than normally...ultimately, you would die of old age after maybe eight transformations.
So thats my (moderately scientific) two cents on the question. This doesn't address the supernatural powers attributed to vampires/werewolves, or the plausability of anything being able to live off blood...which would mean subsisting almost entirely on iron, wouldn't it? I'm sure thats not healthy..I can't actually put together an argument with your belief in mummies (as in. living dead, not the one whose basement I live in *lol* ).

see also: www.viewzone.com... 'The Science of Vampires' by Katherine Ramsland

tl;dr: I'm kind of a jerk

top topics

join