It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate military strike force?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My god you guys are hyper sensitive.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You know I could take Russia. *gleem in the eyes* All it takes is a VW Bus with 30 Ft Long loudspeakers blaring the best of Parliament Funkadelic backed up by some booze and food stamps. Id be Prime Minister in a Week.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
All I need is a bottle of rum, a couple of reclining lawn chairs (one for me and one for Intelgurl), and a secure, undisclosed tropical island.

Call me when we get a health plan.

DeltaChaos
OnStrikeForce

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
This has got to be it, my "dream team:"

-1 Nimitz-class CVN
-1 Iowa-class BB
-2 Ticonderoga-class CG
-2 Arleigh Burke-class DDG
-2 Los Angeles-class Improved SSN
-2 Oliver Hazard Perry-class FFG
-An entire Amphbious Ready Group
-1 MEU (SOC)
-Additional special operations units, covert ops teams
-Advanced weapons projects, prototypes

This is the ultimate. Why? First, it's mobile. The Army and Air Force may have more firepower and range, but they have far less mobility and flexibility. You can send this force anywhere in a heartbeat. Second, look at the firepower it possesses! It has more air power than the average nation, and the fleet is just jammed. It truly has everything from knives to nukes. The superb small arms of the deadly Marines to the tactical nuclear Tomahawk cruise missiles on the cruisers and submarines. Then the deadly guns of the now-retired Iowa battleships would be nice too. Finally, this force has total special operations capability. No need to call on Army Special Forces or Rangers, it's got SEALs and Marines.

What is your "dream team?"

First I have to assume that this is a group that is taken out of the late 80's/early 90's because we all know that Navy ships do not carry nukes. The subs get to haul those things around.

Second, I am shocked at the lack of logistics support for your dream team. The carrier would outpace all of them and be all by herself in a few short days. Also, what are you going to use to reload the ammo that this dream team will expend?

Personally I would ditch the FFG's and get some Flight IIA DDG's so that I can get the sub threat taken care of.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Your dream group seems quite impossible, you mixed amphibious attack groups with naval attack groups.

It doesnt seem right, thats not the ultimate, its like ppl standing right in enemy territories holding a bullseye over their head.

No, I didn't mix amphbious groups with navy groups.

you shure???? i thought i read frigate and cruiser class ships in there somewhere.

but still your dream team is a bit IMPOSSIBLE, get back to you on this.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i would get 1 of those
mobile bases and get 2 of these going with it and have a full fleet of logistic support vessels but id want kilo class subs scouting

-1 Nimitz-class CVN
-1 Iowa-class BB
-2 Ticonderoga-class CG
-1 MEU (SOC)

This is the ultimate. Why? First, it's mobile. The Army and Air Force may have more firepower and range, but they have far less mobility and flexibility. You can send this force anywhere in a heartbeat. Second, look at the firepower it possesses! It has more air power than the average nation, and the fleet is just jammed. It truly has everything from knives to nukes. The superb small arms of the deadly Marines to the tactical nuclear Tomahawk cruise missiles on the cruisers and submarines. Then the deadly guns of the now-retired Iowa battleships would be nice too. Finally, this force has total special operations capability. No need to call on Army Special Forces or Rangers, it's got SEALs and Marines.

What is your "dream team?"

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i would get 1 of those
mobile bases and get 2 of these going with it and have a full fleet of logistic support vessels but id want kilo class subs scouting

What is a "mobile base?"

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
it is like a carrier but MUCH MUCH bigger its on 1 of the threads here i cant belive the size of the thing

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How fast can it go? Could it even keep up on a speed run?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The term is not "mobile base" it is battle island.

It is long enough for a 3 mile long runway and is literally a piece of land on a floating ship, it is a megafloat, with barracks, office buildings, utilities, hangers, and also can be linked with other battle islands to create a floating barrier that can "attack back"

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
just imagine that as a base of operations u could respond to terrorist threats really quickly

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Your dream group seems quite impossible, you mixed amphibious attack groups with naval attack groups.

It doesnt seem right, thats not the ultimate, its like ppl standing right in enemy territories holding a bullseye over their head.

No, I didn't mix amphbious groups with navy groups.

you shure???? i thought i read frigate and cruiser class ships in there somewhere.

but still your dream team is a bit IMPOSSIBLE, get back to you on this.

Dude, talk about a lack of imagination. This thread never required any realism in the first place. I just wanted to see "what-if." You can be realistic, but that doesn't mean anyone else HAS to be.

And no, I didn't mix them together. You only assume that because I put them all on the same list rather than divide them up.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The term is not "mobile base" it is battle island.

It is long enough for a 3 mile long runway and is literally a piece of land on a floating ship, it is a megafloat, with barracks, office buildings, utilities, hangers, and also can be linked with other battle islands to create a floating barrier that can "attack back"

Are you talking about the Sea Base?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
just wondering could you create a joint strike force like the UN just not as wimpy ?
how much would that cost?
and what would be in this strike force?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

-1 Nimitz-class CVN
-1 Iowa-class BB
-2 Ticonderoga-class CG
-1 MEU (SOC)

First of all i see no need for the prototype weapons projects. These would be prone to fial in a heavy battle since they have not finished the testing phase yet. The military olny uses proven technology as it should be. This makes your "dream team" more of a nightmare. I think you need to live in the real world and stop playing so many video games.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
SAS for land based strike team. SBS/Seal team for sea borne strike team. MC-130 or Diesel class sub for insert/extraction. Nothing else needed.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the best strike force will have to be the marines (RMC'S or otherwise) they can dissapear and reappear anywhere at anytime a very dangerous combanation but haveing a taske force like the 1 mentioned b fore would be extremly handy
just imagine the damage a uk/us strike force could do!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Italy Rules
First of all i see no need for the prototype weapons projects. These would be prone to fial in a heavy battle since they have not finished the testing phase yet. The military olny uses proven technology as it should be. This makes your "dream team" more of a nightmare. I think you need to live in the real world and stop playing so many video games.

The epitome of close-minded lack of imagination.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hey let the man have an opinion ok?
any way you dont need 2 just use proven weapons because if we do that then we will never progress
i can c where ur coming from but you gotto give new weapns a chance at a fight

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
hey let the man have an opinion ok?
any way you dont need 2 just use proven weapons because if we do that then we will never progress
i can c where ur coming from but you gotto give new weapns a chance at a fight

Thank you. Even though I was referring to the lack of imagination, conservatism and technology don't go hand in hand, like you say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join