It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate military strike force?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This has got to be it, my "dream team:"

-1 Nimitz-class CVN
-1 Iowa-class BB
-2 Ticonderoga-class CG
-2 Arleigh Burke-class DDG
-2 Los Angeles-class Improved SSN
-2 Oliver Hazard Perry-class FFG
-An entire Amphbious Ready Group
-1 MEU (SOC)
-Additional special operations units, covert ops teams
-Advanced weapons projects, prototypes

This is the ultimate. Why? First, it's mobile. The Army and Air Force may have more firepower and range, but they have far less mobility and flexibility. You can send this force anywhere in a heartbeat. Second, look at the firepower it possesses! It has more air power than the average nation, and the fleet is just jammed. It truly has everything from knives to nukes. The superb small arms of the deadly Marines to the tactical nuclear Tomahawk cruise missiles on the cruisers and submarines. Then the deadly guns of the now-retired Iowa battleships would be nice too. Finally, this force has total special operations capability. No need to call on Army Special Forces or Rangers, it's got SEALs and Marines.

What is your "dream team?"

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Your dream group seems quite impossible, you mixed amphibious attack groups with naval attack groups.

It doesnt seem right, thats not the ultimate, its like ppl standing right in enemy territories holding a bullseye over their head.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
with shatteredskies on this one.

It's just a bit too far fetched. I'm sorry, man.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
5 M1A2 Tank Divisions supported with several F-22 fighter squadrons, along with seveal B-2 and B-52 Bomber wings. You could get to Moscow in a few weeks with that.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH
5 M1A2 Tank Divisions supported with several F-22 fighter squadrons, along with seveal B-2 and B-52 Bomber wings. You could get to Moscow in a few weeks with that.

You forgot AWACS and Airborne lasers

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

^^ the most stupid post in the ATS history, congrats

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

^^ the most stupid post in the ATS history, congrats

Yea be careful around Gaza. I believe he's of russian origin.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thats a good start, but you def need the muscle of an army and airforce....

I want the Aurora for intel!!!!
B-2s for procision strikes and F-22s and the mig 1.42 for air dominance.
camanche and apache helicopters for close air support.

A crud load of moabs would be nice too - If im the
commander i don't give a crap about collat damage!
plus i want those blackbirds that were equiped as interceptors hooked up with bombs for quick support.

Spec ops Id have delta, SAS, Spetz, and Seals - for different missions. Plus I want the Sea Wolf as my attack sub! The arsenal ship still seems like a grand idea to me as well.

Am i forgetting anything

Ohhh yeah, I also want space based lasers and microwave weapons - but now im getting into sci fi. Or am I?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
looks like we are just taking the US stuff

god it's good to be an american.......

but in all seriousness, Im with Gaza on this, unless you were saying that in exageration, that is top 5 worst comments i've ever heard

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Congrats moron, the stuff you have listed above is what you will need to get into first closet of a house near Russians border.

What I am trying to say is stop playing your video games. THEY ARE FAKE! That is not how war goes.

Out,
Russian

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Russian]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'll be simple a machine gun with loadsa ammo and a tank with an endless supply of shells.

Please Note: I am not a military man.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I'll be simple a machine gun with loadsa ammo and a tank with an endless supply of shells.

Please Note: I am not a military man.

That would work if you never die and your tank have unlimited armor!

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
ok question since i see a couple of russian enthusiasts here - besides the mig 1.42, and the spetz spec ops, anything else they, or anyone else could provide?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher
ok question since i see a couple of russian enthusiasts here - besides the mig 1.42, and the spetz spec ops, anything else they, or anyone else could provide?

you could always visit our forum and see

rfforces.phpbbhost1.info...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i would have challanger tank brigade with f-22s flying ground attack and f-23s flying air superiority comanches giving recon and apaches giving ground support i would have usmc giving infantry support and RMC doing comando stuff and i would have sas being sf

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i would have challanger tank brigade with f-22s flying ground attack and f-23s flying air superiority comanches giving recon and apaches giving ground support i would have usmc giving infantry support and RMC doing comando stuff and i would have sas being sf

The future scenario according to DoD would be the F-35's flying ground strikes and the F-22's flying air supremacy.
F-35's will be the new F-16; similar flight characteristics except the "B"version is STOVL... it will be the new workhorse, I'll bet even FULCRUM will like it almost as much as he likes the F-16....

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If we wanted to gio to Moscow We should just take a plane you will get there in a few hours. I hear the hotels suck though

Why in hell would we want to attack Russia?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A few good nukes....

Kinda puts the rest to shame, if you're actually willing to use them, and that fact is known....

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Your dream group seems quite impossible, you mixed amphibious attack groups with naval attack groups.

It doesnt seem right, thats not the ultimate, its like ppl standing right in enemy territories holding a bullseye over their head.

No, I didn't mix amphbious groups with navy groups.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would depend on what your objective is.Iran would be differant than Brasil. Pick a point and I will tell you how to take it. It depends on what you NEED to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join