It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond-inspired underwater car to be unveiled at Geneva show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

James Bond-inspired underwater car to be unveiled at Geneva show

driving.timesonline.co.uk

A Swiss company claims to have developed the world’s first submersible car, directly inspired by James Bond's Lotus in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Named the sQuba, the vehicle promises to be able to drive on land, float on the surface of the water and also dive to a depth of 10m (33ft).

Frank Rinderknecht, CEO of the manufacturer Rinspeed, will unveil the concept car at the Geneva motorshow, which starts on March 6.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
One of the most famous classic vaporware products out there is the cheap flying car..one that works. We don't have that yet. But, all is not lost, we may soon have a submarine car, the sQuba, and yes, it was inspired by the James Bond car. Now where can i sign up for one of these, now if you could find me a flying a car, but hey, if theres money to be made in this , they will make it. Still really cool tech though.

driving.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
That is really stupid. Why make it a convertible? It would stand to reason you would not want your "James Bond tux" to get wet.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kr0n1ck405

Here's a video of the car for anyone who's interested:
video.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

that is really cool, but then there is the master question, why is it a convertable, thats like putting a screen door on a submarine.

new topics

top topics

join