It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i realised this. is god a lie? i don't mean his existence but his alignment. if hi is all powerful and good, why dosen't he help people. and why dose he kill everyone that opposes him and ignore the people who beseech his help
he appears to hate humanity but has the occasional person to try and change the world to make it what it would want. i question who the devil realy is.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am agnostic.
If there is a god, god just 'is', doesn't care about you, or anything, just the whole Universe going about it's business, that's god IMO.

In other words, don't pray to god, pray to the Universe, the Universe created us, and that's what I know for sure.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
"God" the creator father to all things is the consciousness of all things known and unknown. God is the original source and center of creation, a far off long ago. From that source all life that brings forth life is a extention of that creative force that is still in effect.

First and formost "God" is the creator of you and wishes you to reconized that fact. If one will only reconize that fact then one has achieved everlasting life within God.

You are one of God's ideas. If you reach out to your creator you're a welcomed and wanted idea. If you reach out to yourself and reject your father you are a unwanted idea and are wiped away.

God is reachable by humans through the desire of wanting a closer connection with our creator and a searching within one's own origins to achieve a connection with the creator of all things.

God above all things wants you to want a personal relationship with the original creator.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The "Devil" is a spiritual being that was placed in power over the earth. Such as you might be placed in power over others in your work place. Rather then follow the work place rules, the devil thought it would take the beings that originated off this planet as it's own creation and the devil thought it would be "God" of this world.

The devil was wrong, but in the wrong of the devil and workers of evil doings this world was tainted in confusion.

It's been made clear now, and all one needs do is search out the truth for themselves to know it.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
God is a clever twisting of ancient wisdoms meanings into being in the advocacy of an all seeing, all knowing, holier than thou, separate entity the knows and sees and creates everything.

In fact, God is just your consciousness, mine, and everyone else's. We're not all connected to it in some mystical or even spiritual way. We are it. "We're" choosing to forget that "we" created all of this because "we" know that once "we" fully remember, "we're" not gunna like being everything. So, everything other than your consciousness is your very own lie protecting you from your very own truth. How do you do this? By creating the question, knowing that each question will inevitably and infinitely lead to another question, and in turn creating the ever-expanding infinite universe.

I'll get back to you on filling in the gaps. Itr's a work in progress, but I believe it to be quite absurd in it's psychotic truth.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
God could be like a form of universal government.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
God is length, width and heigth. Everything made in the image. The true trinity. Without any one of them, all else fails. In other words, all natural things are reflections of the universal law and principle, "God". God exists at the point where small turns back into large, and the large folds down into the small, IE... everywhere.

meaningless words really.

Edit: to attempt an answer, If every individual human did what they are supposed to do, provide for and love their neighbor, everybody would have food, water etc. The current socio-commercial construct creates walls and gaps in peoples quality of life. A flawed system from the start, it ends up causing the problems it attempts to correct.

There are suffering people? Yes. Why don't you go help them? Ahhh you have obligations? Perhaps you're obligated to comfort yourself? (I'm not talking about you personally OP).

If we all got up and did the work we wish God would do.. it would be done. Our job is to love eachother, The Lords duty is also to love us, but also, to re-align bent spokes in the wheel of life, to judge people... accordingly.

Let us bring food to the hungry and aid to the sick, don't demand these things from God, demand the power for you yourself to do these things. After all we are servants, not masters.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by depth om]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
God is a clever twisting of ancient wisdoms meanings into being in the advocacy of an all seeing, all knowing, holier than thou, separate entity the knows and sees and creates everything.

In fact, God is just your consciousness, mine, and everyone else's. We're not all connected to it in some mystical or even spiritual way. We are it. "We're" choosing to forget that "we" created all of this because "we" know that once "we" fully remember, "we're" not gunna like being everything. So, everything other than your consciousness is your very own lie protecting you from your very own truth. How do you do this? By creating the question, knowing that each question will inevitably and infinitely lead to another question, and in turn creating the ever-expanding infinite universe.

I'll get back to you on filling in the gaps. Itr's a work in progress, but I believe it to be quite absurd in it's psychotic truth.

Ummm, yes. I was going in circles with the idea the of consciouness as being divine (spelled with a small d) because it is just that. But so much more.

For every idea there is a Creator of that idea(s). Behind consciouness there is a prime motivator. Who, what is that?

Who/what creates consciousness? That my friend is where I believe we can find The Originator!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Someone said in one thread that they had alien implants, like little balls, in the back of their head, and they created micro-wormholes inside the head somehow, in which alien entities use to control your brain remotely.

I had a similar thought two days ago. What if we are just an alien remotely controlled bio-robot.

Maybe our consciousness is made up of several different consciousnesses working in unison. Maybe we do have our own separate consciousness, and this recent "awakening" that is seeming to arise is our bio-robots d4eveloping their own consciousnesses to the point where it is rebelling against those consciousnesses that are in control of us.

That would explain how you can have several different ideas at once, and it could explain split personalities and psychosis, when power struggles arise between the several different consciousnesses, mental illness is the result.

Sorry, a little off topic.

But I guess this could relate, because when people hear "the voice of God" or "The Devil" in their head, maybe it's just one of those controller consciousnesses trying to trick our very young and very gullible developing consciousnesses.

It's an out there theory.

But I guess anything is possible when everything is one evolving thoughtform.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
God Is Love, Peace, Joy, Hope, Righteousness (That's where a lot of people jump ship.) And MORE!!!
God is ALSO my Father, through Jesus!

YAY!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I'll say it again,
God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain

-"God" by John Lennon

i think that about sums up my view on the issue.

i could get more specific if you would tell me which god you're talking about.

[edit on 2/19/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo1

IMHO, This is like asking: 'How long is a piece of string?'. Many people have a different concept of God. Some see Him as an Absolute Ego others see him in the light of a personal relationship. Still others see Him in everything in a pantheistic light. How can this question be answered by a living creature with our limitations? Our senses define our understanding and how can we understand something beyond our senses?
In other words, we get glimpses but never see the whole of the moon.

top topics

join