It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript may fuel JFK assassination conspiracy theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Here is a pretty interesting article

Article

DALLAS — Conspiracy theorists will love the latest find related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

A highly suspect transcript discussing a plot to kill the president — right out of a "bad B movie," one doubter says — is among a cache of JFK-related memorabilia discovered by the Dallas County District Attorney's Office.

The items were found in an old safe on the 10th floor of the county courthouse, The Dallas Morning News reported in an exclusive story in today's editions.

Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins said the discovery includes letters to and from former DA Henry Wade, the prosecutor in the Jack Ruby trial. Ruby shot and killed Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald two days after the president's death.

There are also letters to Ruby, records from his trial, a gun holster and clothing that probably belonged to Ruby and Oswald, said Watkins, who planned to discuss the find at a Monday news conference.

Most of the attention is bound to focus on the transcript between Ruby and Oswald, who supposedly met at Ruby's nightclub on Oct. 4, 1963, less than two months before the Nov. 22 assassination. In it, they talked of killing the president because the mafia wanted to "get rid of" his brother, Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

Says Oswald in the transcript, "I can still do it, all I need is my rifle and a tall building; but it will take time, maybe six months to find the right place; but I'll have to have some money to live on while I do the planning."

Gary Mack, curator of the Sixth Floor Museum near where the president was shot, hasn't seen the transcript but doubts it's real.

"The fact that it's sitting in Henry Wade's file, and he didn't do anything, indicates he thought it wasn't worth anything," Mack said. "He probably kept it because it was funny. It's hilarious. It's like a bad B movie."

The transcript resembles one published in a report by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination and determined that Oswald was the lone gunman. The FBI determined that conversation — again between Oswald and Ruby, but this time about killing the governor — was definitely fake...........

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if something comes out of these transcripts when they show them off,although i'm sure if anything untoward was found in them it would be taken away to a dark box somewhere.
Here's hoping this sheds a little light on the JFK conspiracy

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Can't be real. One guess by his top assistant is that it might have been part of a movie script that former DA Henry Wade was writing.

Lee: You said the boys in Chicago want to get rid of the Attorney General.

Ruby: Yes, but it can't be done ... it would get the Feds into everything.

Lee: There is a way to get rid of him without killing him.

Ruby: How's that?

Lee: I can shoot his brother.

To begin with they would not use conventional names like "the Attorney General, but some kind of code word, or even 'Bobby'". They would hardly identify the 'boys in Chicago', and might just say 'the boys'. Of course that wouldn't be expository, which is needed in a script.

Plus the grandiosity of it is preposterous for a low level criminal to suggest. It's like saying 'how do we knock over this bank - oh, here's an idea, let's break into Fort Knox'.

It could be much harder to plan a successful hit on JFK than to get Bobby. Bobby, presumably, didn't have a cadre of dedicated agents sworn to protect him with their lives. I -can- imagine a Sam Giancana-type with the infamous comment about killing the head and the tail dies, but not some low level operative or lone nut.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It said they had the clothes Lee was wearing.

I wonder if they could test the clothes for gunpowder? Maybe match them to the gun, cant they do those type of things these days?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

That would make pretty good sense. That is, if it is Oswald's clothes. What I found was interesting is that the article never mentions if this is a transcript of a tape recording, or a transcript of a recollection by someone of this conversation. If it is a script for a movie, a 2 page script, why would the script start from what would be the middle of the movie? Even though it is written in a way that does not sound like a real conversation, it may still be a recollection of a conversation. In that case, it may sound less like an actual conversation. Just another piece of a 3 million piece puzzle.

top topics

join