It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Animals dont have feelings or anything, all they are programmed to do is survive and reproduce. Isnt that how humans once were and then all of a suuden we gained all of our brains and we dont know how because of the missing link. This might be beacuse aliens tested on us and we evolved brains wiht feelings and othe things besides surviving and reproducing. that is why the evolution just stop and went straight over to modern man and made that gap we dont know about

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We don't know if animals have feeling or not. and it has been proven that animals can think on their own. Some animals are very intelligent. Sure some people...err... I mean animals are just brain-dead and fellingless... But Animals can feel and can think.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Animals dont have feelings or anything, all they are programmed to do is survive and reproduce

And you have what proof of this?

Iguanas can die of a broken heart... I'd say they have feelings.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I do not agree there is not a sharp line drawn between us and them more like shades of grey.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
well they might have feelings and intelligence but definately not as much as us and still their instincs control their lives

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

well they might have feelings and intelligence but definately not as much as us and still their instincs control their lives

And ours dont?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
well... Instincts drive us a lot too... Not as much, but they do. Maybe there are animals out there as "intelligent" as us. Not that they know as much as us, but that they can comprehend the same things we can. Perhaps they can't do this because they don't have the mobility we have and maybe they can't build things cuz they have Flippers or something. But hey... who knows?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My dog howled and cried for 2 weeks after we gave her puppies away. I think animals have emotions...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think they do to... But I think their bodies aren't complex enough to physically SHOW them... or maybe they can? Just not how we do by crying, or whatever.?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I read about a ape that had a vocabulary of I think 700 hundred words I got friends that aint that smart. Dolphins,Whales, Apes and elephants really blur the line as far as intellingence goes. Used to it was just a language and tool making was the dividing line and now come to find out apes do both and dolphins and whales talk.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yup... even the animals of old were intelligent. I also read the raptor had it's own language. They were like the humans of their time. But I strongly believe animals have all the things we have, though we just developed these things better

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

But I strongly believe animals have all the things we have, though we just developed these things better

Thats what I have been trying to say ....Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Animals deffinatley have emotions. HAve you ever seen a dog leap into battle to save it's master? That's loyalty. A parot canive it's way into the cracker cabinet? That's intelligence. Animal's have both intelligence and emotion, to say otherwise is simply arrogant and conceited.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well said Valedamar....

Dogs are the best example - scold a dog and it cowers away, even tries to hide. take it to a park and throw it a ball, try and chase it, and it is happy.

Another great example is a monkey. My college roomate was going to get one but was not allowed. Why? Because they need attention all day or they become lonely and the DEPRESSED!

Yes, animals can get depressed, so they must have emotion.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think that animals have feelings. I think that we are just smart animals ourselves. I wouldn't enjoy my pets/friends so much if there was not a meaningful relationship between us. I just really do have a feeling that my pets and I are equals, friends. This is just my gut feeling and I have nothing to really back it up with. I guess it helps to have pets and see how they get depressed or how they can be so happy to spend time playing silly little games.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I know for a fact animals have feeling I once had a cat... It was really happy all the time, it even drooled when it got really happy/excited. One time we moved across town and kinda "forgot" about him. after we got him back he very clearly despised us. He always hissed at us, was never happy, and was just plain mean afterwards...

OMG!!! My avatar is gone!! NO!!! I just noticed... Oh well time to get a new one.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This post is best viewed from belowtopsecret....chit chat forum.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join