It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy of conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
heres an idea, im jsut throwin it out there.
There is, obviously, a large amount of people who believe that there is a large amount, if not one big, of conspiracies and cover-ups out there.
does anyone think that cud be it? that maybe there isnt anythign to cover up, and that is what is being covered up, the absence? it seems to me like it wud be a perfect way to control everyone, appease the (stupid) masses. shield us from the real truth, that nothing is being hidden from us.
just a thought, id like to see what others have to say

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The only problem is creating a conspiracy like that would have no true point.

I mean if they never created it there would be no reason to appease us.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
The only problem is creating a conspiracy like that would have no true point.

I mean if they never created it there would be no reason to appease us.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

no, i mean, just to keep everyone nice and discontent. imagine if we knew that area 51 was just a research facility, nothign special, if we knew nobody was out to undermine us. what wud we all do?
but, no, really, i think people need a certain amount of discontent in their life, and if we have a certain level of that in life, then we stay happy. too little and we get idle (the work of the devil) and too much and we start to make a big deal (work of communists? antigovernment agents? i dunno what thast called)

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
why would they hide nothing from us? i mean i understand where you are going with this, but like questforsafety said, there is no true point. it would be a lot easier to just tell us there is nothing. but then again if there really is nothing maybe they just let us have our fun here on ats because in actuallity its nothing that can do harm at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I do not think it makes anyone happy, only unsettled. What would be do if no one planted conspiracies?

Simple, we would make them up ourselves, as the majority of them starts, it must be an aspect of human nature.

I doubt the government has anything to do with planting conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
lol, ok, thats what im goin for. i was just thinkin. one of those 'ya never no' things tho, but i think im with yall.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
heres an idea, im jsut throwin it out there.
There is, obviously, a large amount of people who believe that there is a large amount, if not one big, of conspiracies and cover-ups out there.
does anyone think that cud be it? that maybe there isnt anythign to cover up, and that is what is being covered up, the absence? it seems to me like it wud be a perfect way to control everyone, appease the (stupid) masses. shield us from the real truth, that nothing is being hidden from us.
just a thought, id like to see what others have to say

I see your point (or i think i do)...

If they make us think they're hiding something and they have hidden agendas we're so pre-occupied with trying to solve these conspiracies that we cant see the real issues which arent being hidden and are right in front of us...

not sure if i believe it... i definately think the governments are hiding some things but most of the theories discussed are false and the government lets them grow and evolve because the more fake cover ups there are the less chance there is of anyone finding the real ones and being taken seriously

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
An interesting idea. I know that I spend a lot of time thinking about x number of conspiracies. It keeps me from getting as involved with the community or politics. I think that there is a lot being hidden myself. Darn it, now I'll have this new conspiracy on my mind. Looks like I'm getting nothing done this week.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I posted a very similiar topic in the RATS forum.....Wait til Ocelot gets ahold of you.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Matrix kind of touches on this idea. The machines had created previous versions of the matrix that provided a utopia for mankind to live in, but humans couldn't accept a world without suffering or uncertainty. The version that worked was, of course, the tumultuous reality that is our present reality.

I do think that there are people in power who are betraying the rest of mankind for their own selfish ends.

That being said, nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong about the whole thing, because if we're right, then the world is pretty much #ed. If we're all wrong and nothing is going on, then at least we can say that we were only victims of our own imaginations. If we're right, then everyone else has fallen victim to their own self-assured egotism, and to the lies of a ruthless group of elitists, who have used them to further their own agendas.

When there are people in positions of power and influence over others, it is always better that they are constantly watched and held accountable by the rest of the population. Giving them the "keys to the city", so to speak, without any scrutinization and pressure by the public to be honest and demonstrate personal integrity, is the surest way to turn a free country into a corrupt dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Reverse phsycology only reverses the fact that the phycology behind the involvement of the reversal will lead to irrelevance and occupy a said amount of energy and time. this being based on the fact that people who indulge themselves into conspiracys often have a dangerous amout of energy and time to expend. It is a classic example and could very well be the truth of your topic. I find it fascintating and worth further investigaion

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
lets call it the "Matrix uncertanty paradox".

Anyways, GUYS... I know you'll understand this one:
Remember that GF you had in High School who couldn't live without some kind of drama in her life? If nothing was happening to get her feathers ruffled, she would try killing herself? (before argument erupts, I know alot of girls will recognize this person as well... may have even been a guy)

Anyways, if it isn't conspiracy, it's the rapist that moved in down the street, or the grown-up who has piercings like some punk kid(

new topics

top topics

join