It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God = The Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hey guys i was thinking about this topic for a while what do u guys rekon is god real or is god all in our mind to what we want him to be or do i can say i aint a religous person im an athiest for 3 years now and life is amazing i want to hear what others think do u guys rekon god exists or is its just all in the mind over thinking he does exist.

or could it be that our mind is god everyone has a god not really a god but the thing that makes a diffrence what ppl call a miracle from god an athiest will call science or just luck or something what i personaly think there is no god but many gods not the god ppl make it out to be and i also dont rekon we need religion to be good if u think good and smart u can make a good place just love and respect and teach peace

thx guys

Saad Adam

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
welcome to ATS, i'm jedi.

My story. God is real. I've seen him, I had an out of body experience that took me to the end of the universe..to a star so bright you almost would think it was a hole on a wall. and it actually was. on the other side, there were angels and God. So from my experience..God is 100% real and not in my mind. hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

intresting never heard that before well i never experianced it maybe our dreams tell us more then we think sometimes as u mean outer body experiance i dont get that what do u mean like a knock out or a dream or something?

and thx for welcome ima saadadam

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I believe there is a real God as well. I haven't seen him but I have seen his creation. We all had to come from something. Even if you believe in the Big Bang and evolution - there had to be an initial cause.

My favorite example for scientific evidence of God is DNA. Every cell in your body has a complete set of instructions on how to make you called DNA. We have decoded the language and scientists are beginning to understand how to read it. Now you can say cells evolve through selection etc. But what's inside DNA is information. Information like a book of plans. Some intelligence had to put it there. I wonder who?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

yeh i get what u trying to say also i get this allways also i think and it confuses me but in the day u wonder @ the end of the day u ask ya self if god made all this how did he make all this happen so correct and errors to happen and how did he create him self there is a higer inteligence to me then god god is just the mind there must be something more massive then us that makes creation small to them well thats what i think.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

In my opinion, people created God. Or more accurately, people created the concept of God. Every culture that has ever existed on Earth has had their form of religion, it was a simple way to explain the unexplainable. But now, we have organized Science to explain things such as the origin of man, beginning of the universe, why the sun rises and sets, etc.

The sun does not rise because the god Helios is pulling it on chariots, just as man was not created because the Judeo-Christian God formed him from dust. People need to stop using a medieval mentality when we have the beauty of Science.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheB1ueSoldier

thats how i think also man created god in there mind and its become something very big in religous lives to me i aint one of them i love science and how it shows its proof like the video truth about religion have u seen it TheB1ueSoldier amazing video very intresting everything in it explains the delushion of god and jesus and all those things like the sun is god thay thought and stuff and its become very huge now and its hard to make many ppl relize it because alot of religous people dont wanna say thay were wrong witch most ppl are following others not really religous @ all

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaadAdam
intresting never heard that before well i never experianced it maybe our dreams tell us more then we think sometimes as u mean outer body experiance i dont get that what do u mean like a knock out or a dream or something?

and thx for welcome ima saadadam

You will, we will all experience it when we die. you see dying is not so bad, it's actually pretty cool. you get to do things you can't do here on earth, like fly, stop eating and see the past. God is there and he talks to you. God talks to everyone once they get there. I don't think that god is in the mind, because if god was in the mind and he wasn't real. then you mind is not real and everything you know is not real.

to say that you mind plays tricks on you...then you are saying all you know is not real. and that's a contradiction.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

my view is abit diffrent wene we die one of my thoughts is we lived before and we relive again but on another planet?

but your view is allright its a christian view yeh? i forget its written in the bible these things?

top topics

join