It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hy-Wire - Amazing Car of The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This hydrogen powered car is a joint venture between GM and BMW. It is absolutely fascinating. And it will supposedly be available in 10 to 20 years!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Jso,

In 10-20 years
if you need any help with a wheelchair lifting you into one of these, i will be here to help you.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Agh! I want a HOVERCRAFT that travels over any terrain! This 'car of the future' still runs on rubber tires. The way the doors swings out is fine but I sure wouldn't want to knock my head on those corners of the steering wheel, which should be round, hence the word 'wheels'! If only they would consider designing a car to accommodate those with disabilities (i.e. amputees of the upper limbs to use that steering 'squares'), then I'm sure they would also make a profit in this demographic.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thanks, dg. You're such a doll.

Originally posted by pikypiky
Agh! I want a HOVERCRAFT that travels over any terrain! This 'car of the future' still runs on rubber tires. The way the doors swings out is fine but I sure wouldn't want to knock my head on those corners of the steering wheel, which should be round, hence the word 'wheels'! If only they would consider designing a car to accommodate those with disabilities (i.e. amputees of the upper limbs to use that steering 'squares'), then I'm sure they would also make a profit in this demographic.

Ironically, as I watched the video, I was thinking how incredibly easy it would be to adapt this vehicle for people with disabilities.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Seen it before pretty good!

Just not THAT amazing, I want flying cars lol!

It's very good thou, sounds quiet too, and easy to drive.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The thing that struck me was the possibility of being largely weaned off of fossil fuels in 10 to 20 years. That alone was worth the price of admission.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yes that's the main thing for me too. The rest is ok..... But that is what makes it amazing, the use of hydrogen and it recharges!! The design was kind of boring for me.

I'm sure they will have cooler designs in future too, if this actually come out!

[edit on 17-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That chassis impressed me. About a foot deep, no "engine" or drive train. With today's composite materials, the chassis could be constructed of very lightweight materials which could increase fuel efficiency (if that's even a consideration) or else allow more safety features to be designed in.

new topics

top topics

join