It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what I see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
For about the last 12 years i have suffered from what has been called optical migranes. No doctor understood me when i explained that once every couple of months i would loose half my vision for around 20 minutes. It just turned to fuzz and I would explain that when i closed my eyes i would see this wavey worm like rainbow dancing and moving around. Finally i saw a Dr. who also would get these migranes and he completely understood what i was trying to explain, finally. Just saw these photos (the videos do it better justice but lost the link) This is identical to what i see. Now alot of you are better at connecting dots then me here but thought it may be good info for you to have. Also if you have optical migranes (different people do see different things during these episodes) take a look you may be shocked. So in the spirit of ATS that's what i have for you. Any ideas or thoughts. Also if you get these migranes please don't just look reply.

Stephenville lights

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't get migraines but I do see the what I call kaleidescope of colors. I see it with eyes open or eyes shut. It may take up to 30 minutes for it to pass. My sister gets the headaches and calls them her warning sign, a aura of lights. My niece is now getting migraines and she is only 14 years old.

Anyways, yes the UFO lights look exactly like my kaleidescope visions.

[edit on 17/2/08 by Rhain]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is nice to hear others see these. when i first got them scared the daylights out me. Thought i was having a stroke at 20. Do they look like the lights from the link at all? I can't see them with eyes open, can't see anything. I'm the only one in my family who has them.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
At last somebody else who gets this. I've been getting these on and of for the last 4 or 5 years. The first time it happened I thought I was going blind as my vision was blurred for a good 20 mins but as it returned I thought no more about it. After it happened again I went to the doctors to get checked out but everything was ok. I tried explaining what was occurring but he just looked at me rather perplexed and told me not to worry but suggested I should have a proper eye exam to put my mind at rest, which i duly did only to be told I have 20/20 vision. So I'm still none the wiser as to why these episodes occurr.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by executioner

My Dr. told me it's an optic nerve that gets pinched. But how wierd that it's basically the stephenville lights. Kalidescopes is a great description though. The UFO buffs on this site need to get in on this.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah it is.
I tried explaining to the doctor using the space ribbon out of StarTrek Generations as an example of what I was seeing but he hadn't seen the film.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by executioner

So my question is... What's the corralation? Because these are the only 2 times (lights & Migranes) ive ever seen this. Mind you i'm one of those people who will believe in UFO's when ones hovering in front of me, even then would propably write it off as military, but this, even to me is wierd.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I see mine within my vision. It prevents me from reading and I usually pull over if in my car. I see things around the obstacle. I thought they were floaters. I started getting them about 10 years ago after a snow machine accident. The driver hit a tree that I was riding with. As we hit he tried to get out of the way of the tree but his hand hit the tree and his elbow drove into my visor and struck me in my eye. I have no feeling above my right eye from my brow to my hair line. I can move my brow but its restricted. I also went to the eye Dr. but he didn't feel it was anything to worry about.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

First off sorry about the accident. As far as floaters i get those and started shortly after (1-2 years) the visual effects started. I'm with you can't read,drive often just tell my wife i'm going to lay down and watch the light show.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
another one here

floaters are pretty normal

but the kaledioscope thing, not sure , i get them every so often

usually in a hot shower then i get all these sparkling lights around me, i usually take a few deep breaths and they are gone

at first it freaked me out around at 9, now i just let it pass, happens every 10 months or so

it was more often when i was younger

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thought these were interesting too. Is yours like mine in the way that mine start small in the center of my field of vision and then grow as it moves to the right. Liked this link as it like a time lapse of the 20 minute progression.

ATS Forum link

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

By sparkling light do you mean whats also refered to as seeing stars? Because a few deep breathes will take care of that as you said the Kalidescopes go when they want to. I've found nothing to make them go away and their alot different from seeing stars.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Looks like pulsating prisms strung together?

I had this happen to me a couple of times over the years. The first time it happened I went to the ER the doctor examined my eyes while it was happening and said that there was no sign of trauma. He explained that it was most likley caused by sinus pressure near the optic nerve.

He assured me using his best Schwarzenegger impersonation... "It's not a tooma"

new topics

top topics

join