It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA set up bogus firms, most in Europe, post-9/11--LA Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

CIA set up bogus firms, most in Europe, post-9/11--LA Times

newsinfo.inquirer.n et

WASHINGTON -- Following the September 11, 2001, attacks, the US Central Intelligence Agency set up 12 bogus companies in Europe and other parts of the world in the hope of penetrating Islamic organizations, The Los Angeles Times reported on its website late Saturday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is just probably one of those acknowledged. For a particular case which is terrorism.

Now, I wonder how many more exist for various purposes and sure, it could be all over the world.

Other government agencies should be able to do this with ease in the mainland USA.

Wary of sketchy & mysterious corporate entities?

newsinfo.inquirer.n et
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting, However I have to say that this is perhaps a way that the CIA has funneled money off the books to companies like Blackwater and Halliburton to fund the private contractors of the war. I also don't really believe the statement from the article which states:

"In addition, because businessmen don't usually come into contact with Al-Qaeda operatives, the cover didn't work, The Times said."

Nothing could be further from the truth, al-cia-da was started by the US government using an intricate array of businessmen to funnel cash to the group. Al-cia-da continues to get funds through it's network of business relationships, both here and abroad.

So who are they trying to fool?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

Beat ya to it friend:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Agreed though-Sounds like standard spook practice. I'm sure they made some nice bank in the process though.Haha

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Arrrrgh, just few minutes lapses?
In fact, I did google search before posting. I swear I always do. That explains why it did not show up.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Existing ATS News Thread Found Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add comments or opinions in the existing thread.

Closed.

top topics

join