It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracies really just conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Think about it, are conspiracies that we talk about just conspiracies made up by the population to keep the government in check so to speak. If all these conspiracies were true then you would think more information on them wouldve been leaked. My thinking is that maybe cinspiracies are leaked by members of government who want to keep the higher "elites" from gaining to much popular control and become more elite, again so to speak. If conspiracies exist then we know that it is the easiest way to keep a large majority of the population on their toes about the government we have in place.

This is a "what if" type thread that is designed to create some fun discussion on the topic of conspiracies, well being conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracy is the idea that there are no conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What about the idea that, the greatest conspiracy of all is believing so many conspiracies exist?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
What about the idea that, the greatest conspiracy of all is believing so many conspiracies exist?

dude conspiracies exist! And belive me the truth is always stranger than any conspiracy. There are many conspiracies.. even ones we dont know about yet. Get over it.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Get over what??? Did you bother to even read my 1st post?? It said right on the bottom that it was just about fun discussion.

I think someone forgot there valiums today.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Get over what??? Did you bother to even read my 1st post?? It said right on the bottom that it was just about fun discussion.

I think someone forgot there valiums today.

Yeah i kinda missed the part LMAO!!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I by no means dont believe in conspiracies but in one of my rampaging thoughts I thought of this and had to write it down before I forgot it. Thought it would make interesting conversation.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah, I by no means dont believe in conspiracies but in one of my rampaging thoughts I thought of this and had to write it down before I forgot it. Thought it would make interesting conversation.

You dont believe in conspiracies? Why not? Explain please.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe my wording is wrong, but I do believe in conspiracies.....Yep thats it.....Sorry about that.....Long day ya know.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Maybe my wording is wrong, but I do believe in conspiracies.....Yep thats it.....Sorry about that.....Long day ya know.

ahh ok I thought you said you didn't. My bad.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I know what you mean Dreamz.

What if all thoses conspiracies were just a way to distract us, people who have too much imagination?

What if what we see on T.V. is really what's going on, and nothing more?

I don't personnaly believe it, but it's a possibitily none-the-less. It would be a nice weapon of mass distraction.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is some merit to the possibility that the conspiracies are started by the very targets of the conspiracy in order to defray attention form the real deal...

My head hurts when I try to sort this out but I think you get my meaning here...

Use one conspiracy to hide yet another. Hiding in plain sight as it were...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Use one conspiracy to hide yet another. Hiding in plain sight as it were...

remember the idea of 'wag the dog' from a few years ago? concoct an event to take attention away from what you really want to hide. definitely plausible, and if I wasn't so lazy, I'd go looking for examples of it

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are conspiracies just factless banter? Maybe if government declassified events on UFOs didn't exist I would say that, but nope, they exist. So conspiracies are based in at least some fact.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Humans, by their nature conspire, so there are always conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A government that tells its people EVERYTHING ?

unthinkable!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There is NO QUESTION conspiracies abound throughout the world. Human nature as Zad points out, requires conspiracy, the feeling of being "on the inside" is insatiable for some.

The fact that many nasty things have to take place to keep order, such as it is, because we are a nasty species creates the NEED for conspiracy.

The question in my mind is are we getting better at HIDING them? My theory of the "hide in plain sight" activity holds much water for me.

The BEST place to be after robbing a bank is in the police department's lobby. One potentially EXCELLENT example of this could be the "Phoenix Lights"...

Let's say they WERE flares. Why the hell would they launch those flares over a highly populated area like Phoenix when they have the whole flippin desert just miles away?

Were "they" doing something ELSE over phoenix that no one noticed because they were totally engrossed by the flares?

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Glad to see people understood what I meant, Ocelot made me feel really loopy for a few minutes there.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sometimes I getted so wrapped up in conspiracy-thinking, I think surely this not really be happening. All the stuff on ATS, and by Icke, Marrs and Densborough are all made up??
But, something always happens to remind me: conspiracies exist. There's nothing else that can make sense of history (as we've been mis-taught) or current events (which the media and others spin).

Dreamz, they are VERY real.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
There is some merit to the possibility that the conspiracies are started by the very targets of the conspiracy in order to defray attention form the real deal...

I think this is spot on.

The conspiracies they promote are the most insane and outlandish ones, the effect of which is to make the majority of normal people sneer at the possibility of conspiracy.

Or they may be red herrings. Or they may be traps used to identify people who leak information and the spies who collect it.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Condorcet]

new topics

top topics

join