It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a good way to learn about the Holocaust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sarkozy Holocaust plan sparks anger

Sarkozy announced the new curriculum Wednesday during a speech to France's Jewish community saying every French child should be "entrusted with the memory of a French child-victim of the Holocaust."

Holocaust curriculum

How would you feel if your child was made to get a personal feeling of how it was for a child their own age in the Holocaust. Isn't the fifth grade a bit to young to try and make kids relate to a genocidal event? I feel Sarkozy is a bit over the top on this one.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I guess it would be ok so long as it was matched with a balanced view of the Holocaust and presented in a manner that makes no doubt that the event is shrouded in controversy, because to even question it brings a jail sentence.

This kind of thought policing is scarey in the utmost extreme irrespective of the content and the sensitivities involved, is also unique in standing alone for imprisonment for saying words disagreeing with the official version of events.

The term Holocaust in reference to WW2 should not stand alone as a Jewish attrocity as 5 Million Polish and 20 Million Russians died as well in the conflict and exclusivity should not be afforded only one group of influential media savvy sufferers. This is not to take anything away from the fact Jews were killed enmasse whether it be by starvation, disease or extermination in the 1940's.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by mazzroth]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's an odd age we live in. You have a choice.

Either you believe that the holocaust happened or you are a bigoted, racist Jew hating bastard.

There is no in-between.

I find this to be so odd in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It is absurd that if you don't subscribe to the Holocaust as its presented then you "HATE" the Jews, I don't personally believe the Allies version of WW2 in its entirety but that doesn't make me "HATE" my own Country and her Allies....NO!

Just because you don't agree doesn't make you a Bigot, Rascist or Anti-Semite...it makes you a disagreer.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

No matter what view you are presented, the main idea that it happened is what needs to be taught. I do not want my kid having to relate to the atrocities that happened as deeply as Sarkozy wants. That is a lot for a fifth grader to take in. Just making them aware of genocidal events is enough to scare the crap out of them and get the point across that Hitler was an evil dude.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Exactly I couldn't agree more but the problem lies in putting more emphasis on one attrocity than the littany of others perpetrated more recently such as Pol Pot in Cambodia, Mao Tse Tung in China, Tutsi and Hutu's in Namibia, Bosnia and just lately Kenya.

The emphasis should be that everywhere you look crimes against Humanity are commited and must be addressed NOW!! not reminisce to 60 years ago.....which takes your focus off issues affecting Humanity today.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
reply to post by palehorse23

Exactly I couldn't agree more but the problem lies in putting more emphasis on one attrocity than the littany of others perpetrated more recently such as Pol Pot in Cambodia, Mao Tse Tung in China, Tutsi and Hutu's in Namibia, Bosnia and just lately Kenya.

Which is not the topic here. Let's keep to it please.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If I had a child who was getting taught this, I would be in a real dilemma. Would I tell them my own version and risk them becoming a potential criminal for being a "Holocaust Denier"?. I don't know really. It's not a desirable choice. I would not let me kid grown up indoctrinated with Zionist propaganda however. I guess this means I am a Neo-Nazi. So be it, Sarkozy.

new topics

top topics

join