It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mabus Revealed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Source

Former Mississippi Gov. Ray Mabus, who served as U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia during the Clinton administration, is joining Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign as an unpaid adviser on Middle Eastern issues.

I was startled when I came across this news item. Could this be Nostradamus’s MABUS?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If Mabus is an anagram- not uncommon in Nostradamus- then it could be the name Usamb, or Ubsam, which, mutandem mutandis, could mean Osama or Obama...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Very interesting find, Dark Elf! I personally don't put too much faith in Nostradamus' predictions but this is the first person I've seen whose name is literally Mabus. Here is the quatrain for anyone who is not familiar with it:

"Mabus then will soon die. There will come of people and beasts a horrible rout. Then suddenly one will see vengeance, hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run." Century II, Quatrain 62

Like most Nostradamus prophecies, it makes little sense but it is interesting to note that nothing in the "Mabus" quatrain mentions him being the Antichrist, contrary to popular belief. It simply mentions him dying and then the real trouble starts. But this could get interesting: If he does serve as an ambassador to the Middle East can you imagine the hell that would break lose if he was murdered while he was there in the future? Or if he teams up with Obama and is later killed while they are there on business? "Vengeance" is right.

Again, not that I remotely rely on Nostradamus's prophecies but that scenario is interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yes, I too was startled when I read your thread. I would have never known that there was actually someone alive in the U.S. with the name Mabus. Indeed an interesting find there. Of course I haven't done a white page check on the number of Mabus' in the United States! But here we have one and tied to possible future administration office.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
"Mabus then will soon die. There will come of people and beasts a horrible rout. Then suddenly one will see vengeance, hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run." Century II, Quatrain 62

I was thinking along the lines of an attempt on Obama's life where Mabus was killed in the line of fire. There is talk that Obama could be the next president killed in office. But what if someone makes an attempt on Obama's life and Mabas is killed while Obama lives?

I don't put alot of stock in Nostradamus's quatrains as they are too ambiguious. But with all the end-of-the-world hype recently on tv and elsewhere, seeing the name Mabus in the news was just a little too much.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Originally posted by AshleyD

I was thinking along the lines of an attempt on Obama's life where Mabus was killed in the line of fire. There is talk that Obama could be the next president killed in office. But what if someone makes an attempt on Obama's life and Mabas is killed while Obama lives?

I don't put alot of stock in Nostradamus's quatrains as they are too ambiguious. But with all the end-of-the-world hype recently on tv and elsewhere, seeing the name Mabus in the news was just a little too much.

See, i get what you are trying to say. And to the rest of dumb people in this world, they do not know how to read carefully...and put some mind into it, like trying to add and tying it to something else. Plus, we all look at media and it's bull****. We think that Nostradamus predictions are going to be accurate based on media and etc...its not. This guy Mabus looks like the act that Nostradamus' predicted...all we have to is wait and prepare to survive...thats what all prophecies/predictions are, they can only be changed for you and not for the populated.

But good job man...maybe self enlightenment had occurred to you already

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The quote must be configured.

"Mabus then will soon live. There will come people beasts (enforcements) a horrible rout. Then suddenly One will perceive vengeance, hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run." Century II, Quatrain 62"

The comet is made of what? It's made of an alien race. It will run because it is already here, merged with this life and knowledge. Like a monster hendged on the tree of knowledge from the drawings thought by Nastra. We have been invaded by an alien race which can be seen as the very dreams. You can only see their alien conscious when it creates things such as dreams.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This creeped me out. I still think the antichrist is John Travolta.
Think about it. . . .

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I prefer to go with Penn & Teller's question as to why Nostradamus would bother to make up an anagram and disguise the name of somebody who wasn't supposedly going to be showing up for 500 years. Sure, it would make sense for him to disguise the names of powerful people who were around while he was still alive, for protection. But what, exactly, is accomplished by Nostradamus disguising "Mabus?"

It would suggest that when he referred to Mabus, he was talking about somebody alive around his own time, and not connected to any anti-Christ nonsense in the 21st Century.

Besides, if you're going to go all the way with it, then this Mabus guy will have to meet all of the criteria. You can't just pick and choose stuff you think fits. It all has to fit, or none of it does, since the failure of one detail automatically casts doubt on the accuracy of all the others.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
This creeped me out. I still think the antichrist is John Travolta.
Think about it. . . .
What in the world are you talking about John Travolta is an actor.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
mabus // sudam
saddam hussein
mabus hussein
o (bam) a // mab (u.s.)
when the COMET runs

comet=mabus

from wikipedia
The word "comet" came to the English language through Latin cometes from the Greek word komē, meaning "hair of the head"; Aristotle first used the derivation komētēs to depict comets as "stars with hair." The astronomical symbol for comets (☄) accordingly consists of a disc with a hairlike tail.

comet = greying of hair
the comet will "run" (as in the electoral process), when there is vengence, hundred, hand, thirst, hunger
vengence = economy
hundred = days in
hand = over heart
thirst, hunger = food stamps

far fetched?
prophesies are not clear cut for a reason
if i told you the winning lottery numbers were 1,2,3,4,5 would you not play them? that automatically changes the future. The problem is the future is not fixed and the future can be changed, so clearly stating the future makes it less probable. lessons need to be learned. regardless nostradamus may not be a prophet but some people may believe that he is, and that can be dangerous enough ... some people may want to change the future so that it can hasten other events, but , you be the judge. Just some observations, not saying any of this is true, just coincidences. NO i don't any of the current candidates are "bad" or the "antichrist", i don't even believe that this quatrain refers to anything other than a catastrophe.

again from wiki
A rout is commonly defined as a chaotic and disorderly retreat or withdrawal of troops from a battlefield, resulting in the victory of the opposing party, or following defeat, a collapse of discipline, or poor morale. A routed army often degenerates into a sense of "every man for himself" as the surviving combatants attempt to flee to safety. A disorganized rout often results in much higher casualties for the retreating force than an orderly withdrawal. On many occasions, more soldiers are killed in the rout than in the actual battle. Normally, though not always, routs either effectively end a battle, or provide the decisive victory the winner needs to gain the momentum with which to end a battle in their favor.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

On March 27, 2009, Mabus was nominated by President Obama to take the Helm of the Department of the Navy. Navy Times

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Smack]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
For some reason tags aren't working well for me. ...sigh.
I just wanted to add some more food for thought:

Naval battle night will be overcome,
Fire in the ships to the West ruin:
New trick, the great ship colored,
Anger to the vanquished,
and victory in a drizzle.

Century IX, Quatrain 100

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, some poster here has it wrong, He will be Sec of the Navy,

Very interesting the Navy prediction...

Will do more research in that area....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am Mabus, my name is Magnus Alexander Rawstron.

I'm not a bad thing though, people have interpreted prophecies and visions of the future incorrectly, I'm the best thing to occur to humanity ever.

magnusalexa.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Really? 0.0 This is the second OLD Mabus thread you've revived with your claims of Mabus(ness). I assume you have some means to prove that YOU are indeed the Mabus that Nostradamus spoke of and not just some like-named individual?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

A couple of months back, that poster was claiming to be the "Agnus Dei".
Some confusion of identity, I think.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why are you concerned with this charachter still? What does he have to do with you?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Mabus is as one prediction says, i would like to find that one again, for it tells how, Saddam Hussein, some thing to do with the M, i think it is this M=3 third letter rev and 2x what it is, su is sa, sad dam,b opened is a h m is a E back wards 3 up side down M, M is two I's an a n, this is how he did most of his most cryptic work, royal PAY, NAY,OLORON.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by bekod]

new topics

top topics

join