It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are no two UFO photos alike?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Of the thousands of videos and pictures are there any two Ufos that are identical? For example (correct me if i am wrong) the witnesses in Texas last month had many different versions of what they saw. Dont differences in the accounts make them easier to debunk and not be taken seriously?

I believe that the majority people are telling the truth in what they saw.
so........

1. Witnesses are mistaken in what they see.
(i dont think this)
2.There are thousands of different styles of UFOs
being sent to visit earth.
3. other

what do you think the other option might be?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Excellent point

I think you will find multiple answers may be correct and you hit on the correct ones.

I think raw emotion may be one of the others to consider. When we see something that amazes, scares or excites us a whole host of chemical reactions take place. I think our emotional reaction to the unknown is a group of emotions taking place inside us. We are curious, excited, a little scared maybe and there is a battle between the fight or flight response and curiosity and the excitement of the unknown. The more emotion the less reliable our recollection and description of what happened.

Another might be that when we see something foreign and unclear our minds fill in the blanks so we often do literally see things differently in the visual sense.

I'm sure that most photo's are cases of mistaken identity; but not all. People most certainly are seeing something. For the most part pictures do not show any clear detail and again; our minds fill in the blanks. I think it works both way in that, those who want to see an Alien Ship see something that could be one and those who vehemently don't believe, see something that could not possibly be an Alien Ship.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, based on photos and accounts that I see/read about....it seems like every single UFO is the same. Or there are a couple of variations.

I believe w/ the various accounts by the Texas witnesses. I too think it could be different reasons. However, I believe one of the reasons could be that some are just making things up. Some probably didn't see anything, but they wanted to be in on the "I saw the UFO bandwagon", therefore the results are mixed descriptions. Its a small town, and who wants to be left out of the fame that has been created?

I would expand on your question and then ask this: Why are there NO clear photos of UFOs? They are all blurry or obviously fake or easily identifiable. Of the millions and millions of people on this Earth....it seems like not one person has ever been able to get a legit clear photo of one?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
But... there are clear photographs of UFOs... and not all can be fake. And there have been careful scientific systematic studies of sightings and landings and so on that have found identical UFOs photographed, described and interacted with around the world and through the years.

I know he isn't in the league of whopper tellers, but given the name of this site and the subject matter, TIMOTHY GOOD would be an excellent place to start. He and many other serious students of the subject have noted that other people in other times and place have photographed or described:

Adamski saucers

Pleiadean beamships

Classic featureless saucers

Green balls of light

Gigantic cylinders

Truly bizarre gigantic inverted spinning tops (which are NOT weather balloons)

Spheres

Flying boxes

Triangles

It seems like any kind of cursory review of evidence even online would have shown you clear pictures and clear correlations.

UFO Evidence

Biggest Secret

Hoaxtastic but with some real

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, in all reality, when ARE two photgraphs ever the same? You can have one camera, place it on a stable tripod, and take photographs of a completely stable object such as Mt. McKinley for example. However, when you go back and review your photos you will notice any number of differences between each and every shot taken. Lighting, object movement (trees), animals or insects that have moved into frame, even dust, pollen, or foliage being driven on an almost imperceptible breeze. In low light conditions these effects are even further enhanced by the different reflections of the flash on all of the aforementioned variables. Of course in nightmode then you have every movement, even the slightest breeze and jolt, that turns a photograph into a streak of lights and blurs.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i agree that the emotion of the moment might have a dramatic effect on how a person would process what they saw and there probably are people that are jumping on the bandwagon in texas.

But the more i research and read about ufos, it seems they have always been with us. Its almost as a species we are programmed to see these things and we just equate them to what we understand as the next leap in our development......the E.T. hypothesis seems almost to convienent an ansewer to me. does that make sense? i dont know if it does?

If it alien technology is the answer(which it may be) "we have no idea what there craft could be" we wont know until they want us to know.

But I feel like were missing an angle going right for the alien hypothesis.
Im just trying to think outside the box.

doghead thanks for the info ill check it out.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by drock905]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

The best answer within the ET hypothesis is multiple species. Or different ships for different purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if some were drones.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In my previous profession and my private career since I have seen a truism that was hammered into me a long time ago get proven again and again.

The analogy of the storm drain.

Everything passing through the storm drain has in common really only one thing: the accident of its position. In other words, you are seeing it because you are sitting looking down into a storm drain. Sit there long enough and you'll see everything from dung to treasure drift past on the current or sit there in the Summer dust.

UFOs are way too often lumped together precisely because we are finding them all in the same storm drain as it were. Bit like- all the different animal families that live in a lake or an ocean. Everything from insect to mammal to reptile, amphibian- they just have their (temporary in some cases) environment in common. Similar environment breeding similar shape. Whales and submarines. Sharks and dolphins. Same with UFOs in my opinion. Some are living creatures, some are optical illusions, some are alien spacecraft, a lot are secret earth ships, some are from lost civilisations hidden in time and/or space... and some are hoaxes.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

great point doghead. If that is true, it really demonstates how very little we understand what is going on around us. I kinda find that reassuring in a weird way.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I suggest that the variety seen in UFO photos could be because the people seeing and photographing them are different. In other words, everybody has a different point of view and preconception of UFOs in their minds, and when these UFOs manifest themselves they are a reflection of what is in the mind of the observer/photographer.

Logically, if these are alien craft of some sort, they would tend to all look alike because they might do similar jobs and have the same method of propulsion, in the same way all automobiles look basically alike. Or the way Russian and American fighter jets look alike. There would be cooperation (or theft) among the aliens to use the best propulsion systems.

But you're right. UFOs generally don't look alike. And one of the dumbest things about them is that they are usually too big. Why would it be necessary for aliens to visit us in UFOs? To physically pilot the ships? With their (assumedly) advanced technology, they should be able to learn anything they wanted to know about us using probes the size of fruit flies. Maybe even disguised as fruit flies. But that's not what they do. They ride around in ships approximately the size of our aircraft. A size we understand and are comfortable with.

Why? Because they are not what they appear to be. They are not real aliens from other planets. Instead, they are a projection of what we think aliens should be, and what they should fly around in. A mental state or image that attains a degree of physical form in our reality. That's why they generally look different. Because individually or in small groups, people perceive and imagine reality differently. As a result, every time one of these ships is "conjured up," it rarely comes out exactly like any other ship.

How these things manage to attain hard, physical form and reality from our thoughts is a puzzle. But we really don't know that much about the fundamental nature of reality in the first place. Our minds are able to manipulate matter and energy on a small scale. We do it every time we think of a green apple. All kinds of electrons and chemicals shift around in our brains in response to our thoughts. Maybe there's a way we can do it (or already do it) is what we perceive as our "external" world, as well as our internal world, or imagination.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Maybe UFOs are like the roadways here in the USA.

Take a ride, you'll see several colors.

I'm not sure with options how many verieties of vichiles are on our roads.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I am a dog lover.. breed dog's ect....
my main source of income is dog's...

ALL i ever think about is money and dog's...

So what yoru saying is i see a ufo.....take a picture of it ...
becouse i assume it's a dog it's going to be a dog...

you totaly lost me.

but i agree i have never seen to exactly alike either..

if there blurry pic's we say we need clearier photo's.

if it's clear we say it's to clear it has to be a fake..

Or the video is out of focus they neeed to invest in a tripod.

Then with the tripod on they all say omg buy a better cam corder with better zoom lol

it's show us proof /ok here it is...you FAIL....
ive seen alot i think are real or so good it don't matter cause it make's me wonder... )

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Many seem to be somewhat a disk shape, taking on a slight angle would look oval from a distance, on its side ball shaped.
Some feel the air around the object could be distorted, giving two witnesses looking at same object harder time. Feel a short viewing time could also make memory of object more difficult for many.
So many pictures seem to be hoxes, maybe the number of different shapes are lower.

top topics

join