It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorian Gray Official Campaign Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

“Scarlett Johansson to Visit troops in Iraq - expresses opinion on occupation”

Scarlett Johansson will head to the Persian Gulf to entertain the US troops. The actress’s trip to the region is part of the United Service Organizations' Army Welfare Recreation entertainment tour. In her five-day tour, Scarlett is expected to visit the military areas, greet admirers and meet the US armed forces. The 23-year-old star admits, "This USO tour to the Gulf region truly means a lot. I've wanted to go over and visit for some time, and now my moment has arrived”. "It's one thing to reply to a letter or extend your thanks to service members in a speech, but it's another thing to visit them and spend time with those that do so much for us back home. Many loved ones are waiting for our courageous soldiers to return home, and I am glad that is a foreseeable future with the ‘bring our soldiers’ home’ policy with some Presidential Candidates this year".

Scarlett has been outspoken about the US occupation in IRAQ in the last few months. She appreciates what the men and women are doing for their country, but “enough is enough” she was heard saying whilst there. “I understand it has angered many people back home, but I personally believe it is time to give the land back to its people, and give them a chance to prove to the world that they can achieve a democratic state on their own” she replied.

[edit on 16/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

“Scarlett Johansson returns to the United States – gives hint on favorite for the 2008 Presidential Election"

Scarlett Johansson has returned from her visit to the Persian Gulf with her hands full of gifts offered by the American troops. The actress spent five days visiting 3,500 men and women from the U.S. military as part of her first USO tour. In a way of gratitude, the soldiers treated Scarlett with their jackets and challenge coins from their military units. She told the press, "Everybody that I met there was so incredibly friendly and polite and genuine and generous. They were so, so sweet. I mean, I was just amazed. I am so happy that they get to come home soon, especially if Dorian Gray gets voted into office".

Recently, Johansson had been seen mingling at the official opening of the Dorian Gray Campaign. “They’re coming home!” she exclaimed.

Johansson had been in favor of bringing the US troops back to American soil. Only a week ago, she was visiting the war torn region in a part of the United Service Organizations' Army Welfare Recreation entertainment tour. She was criticized for saying “Enough is enough” whilst there. “I guess I was too emotional when I said that, but now people can see how I really feel about the nature of this topic. They have been there for years, I’m pretty sure a new Democratic Iraq can look after themselves!” she stated whilst at the campaign. “I really believe the policies of Dorian Gray and Marty will benefit the nation in so many ways. We can look forward to a much better future”.

[edit on 16/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Great thread!
I have just one piece of info for you to take into account:

Some members who have declared themselves in the past have already announced their running mate. While this information can not be retracted, we are promoting that members refrain from announcing their running mate until after the primary elections. If you have previously announced it, that is fine. But we are asking running mates to refrain from participating in the election process until after the primaries. We are certainly flexible, but we do not want to put some candidates at a disadvantage if they are working on their own to strengthen a platform.

guidelines and timeline thread

Any feedback welcome.

join