It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Doomsday Seed Vault" in the Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Bill Gates, Rockefeller and the GMO giants (Monsanto Corporation) know something we don’t.

So when Bill Gates decides through the Gates Foundation to invest some $30 million of their hard earned money in a project, it is worth looking at. Is it related to something that will occur in a near future? Could it be 2012? Or something else like a major catastrophe that will repeat itself? Because of its perpetual motion in the universe maybe the Earth will have to face the same events that the ancients civilizations have experienced in the past. This knowledge or occult science have been mostly kept hidden from the public. But it seem that when the Rockefeller and the Monsanto are concerned with it, you can be sure that ALL Government Intelligences Agencies around the world are already spending astronomical amount of money on the subject. Just think about when Donald Rumsfeld announced on September 10, 2001 that an audit discovered $2.3 trillion was also missing from the Pentagon books!

What do they know that we don't?

In June 2006, Norway is starting construction on a "doomsday vault" in the Arctic which is designed to house all known varieties of the world's crops.
news.bbc.co.uk...

In December 2007, the seed bank is almost ready for ‘business’ according to their releases. The bank will have dual blast-proof doors with motion sensors, two airlocks, and walls of steel-reinforced concrete one meter thick. It will contain up to three million different varieties of seeds from the entire world, ‘so that crop diversity can be conserved for the future,’ according to the Norwegian government. Seeds will be specially wrapped to exclude moisture. There will be no full-time staff, but the vault's relative inaccessibility will facilitate monitoring any possible human activity.
www.globalresearch.ca...

IRRI ships 35.5 million seeds to Svalbard Global Seed Vault
www.youtube.com...

Interior footage Seed Vault
www.youtube.com...

Global Crop Diversity Trust
The Global Crop Diversity Trust was founded by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and Bioversity International, acting on behalf of the foremost international research organizations in this field (CGIAR). The Trust is currently jointly hosted in Rome by FAO and Bioversity International.
www.croptrust.org...

So do you still want to sleep at the wheel?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's kind of scary. I think these people are assuming that humanity will kill itself, but I do not think they know how or when it will happen. If they knew, they would have these kind of vaults all over in places more accessible. Not only that, they would have large bunkers for themselves to seek cover.

Possibly, they are desensitizing the people of the world to bunkers like these so they can build their own bunkers without people thinking anything strange.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
dont know why but it gave me some minor chills when i read it. do they know something we dont? would the government provide unknow tech knowledge to the elite few that they can learn from it and reproduce it? ugh bizarre ideas popped when i read this.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
maybe it's a good idea to save a snapshot of genetic diversity before monsanto makes more franken food.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You can bet that the Universities and Labs where the gene altering is going on, will be safe from the coming global catastrophes. I for one suppose it will be by natural occurring earth changes. Perhaps the early arrival of SunSpot24 and TU24 heralded in the beginning of the self fulfilling direction we as a Global community have helped to usher in for our selves. Nice huh? Find those deep caves systems away from public control and yes save non GMO non hybridized. When the dust settles he who has the seeds and the water, will do well.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Seed banks are not just for the apocalypse, no no no. Plants, like animals, also face extinction. They must be protected somehow.

There are numerous seed banks around the world. I think there should be more of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thought to bring this angle to the discussion, a good fail-safe from economic collapse.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is the world's ace in the hole. Designed to withstand global warming (and the accompanying rise in sea levels caused by the loss of the world's ice sheets), earthquakes and nuclear strikes, it's a seed bank of last resort should all the world's other banks fail.

www.courant.com...

Photo of the entrance to seed vault:

[edit on 10-3-2008 by anhinga]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just want to point out all the other threads on ATS, tagged with "Doomsday vault". You may find some interesting info in those threads.

They should get Nick Cave to play a gig there...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

A sunspot is an area of highly organized magnetic activity on the surface of the sun. The new 11-year cycle, called Solar Cycle 24, is expected to build gradually, with the number of sunspots and solar storms reaching a maximum by 2011 or 2012, though devastating storms can occur at any time.

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

********^***^***^

I have been thinking about this situation as well as sunspot 24 recently.

I wonder if we are closer to the 'event' than what we think?

What if the whole 2012 thing is just a diversion?

If they know about a cataclysmic event which will change the world as we know it, preparations would be made now, not a year or 3 years in the future.

I am concerned that the event is being ramped up to happen even sooner than previously expected and many or most will be caught unawares.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by antar]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Could all of the erratic weather patterns we have been seeing have to do with this?
Is it happening faster than expected?
Is that why the seed vaults were filled last winter and not fresher seeds saved closer to 2012?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just read that Svalbard had a major earthquake.

Iris ( top right corner)

Another link

It was built to withstand an earthquake they say and the epic center was said to be far from the vault. Why would they build the vault where earthquakes occur. They should locate it where I live, no earthquakes, hurricanes, floods or freaky weather.

News source

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is the location of the Seed Vault:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e06daf07021.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/300de2240791.gif[/atsimg]

Also, an artist conception of what the entrance will look like (minus all the military personnel that will eventually be assigned there to protect it's contents:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/464f1a022b53.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I hope they have good protection.
Once Monsanto gets big enough to have its own army it will probably set up a program to take out the seed banks because of "Copyright infringement."

They will be laying claim to anything that grows from seed soon.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My only question is, "Why now?"

We've feared Global Killer-events for some time now. From the 50's MAD agreement with the superpowers during the cold war to the more recent rise in awareness of planet killing asteroids.

Have we discovered something we should now fear? Perhaps a distant asteroid headed for Earth. Was this the reason the year 2012 has been stood out as a deadline for the end of humans reign on Earth? Who knows?

We have a Seed Vault now. Great. Where's the publics fallout shelter? I would think they would arrange for massive complexes to be built to ensure the survival of at least a fraction of the planets population.

It's my opinion that these facilities already exist. They're just not publicly known. It'll be the rich and powerful that are able to take refuge in such facilities. The general public will be allow to perish in the fallout of whatever ends up destroying this planet.

It's also my opinion that our species will perish if the only the rich and powerful are allow to take refuge in such facilities and are the only ones left when all is said and done. After all, these are the same people that allow whatever Earth destroying event to happen anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
could it not be that the seed vault is just a cover for something else, they have the money between them to build something else deeper in, lets say an entire city for the elite to move in to while the food of the world is modified to kill most of the population off. Global warming is a fraud as most people now know, but what of the global cooling issue. Is it possible that they know there is another mini or even larger ice age on its way? That would in its self kill off billions of people especially as most of the TV bed weters think there is going to be global warming so none of them are prepared for the big freeze on its way, Just my thoughts on it.

Doomsday seed Vault" in the Arctic

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
most interesting line of events you have put together S & F. its a very good question to bring up... weve known and feared catastophic events for years and years and yet only in 06 do we build this seed vault... if nothing is going to happen then why build it at all. especially in these times when the world is on the brink of economic collapse.. that wouldnt make sense, so there has to be a reason why they built it and not the lame official story either..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
natures global catastophies aside, these seed banks will be holding as many as possible natural seeds from the world over, and with the push for worldwide Gm seed production and planting, will give these powers that be total control of all grown food sources in the years to come.
Since these Gm seeds will only last for one crop cycle, then die, the only place to get more is from these Gm suppliers.
Who knows, Maybe once these seed banks have enough stored inside them, there might be some kind of virus/contamination spread that will globally wipe out the rest of seed producing plants the world over, giving 100% control to these powers that be.
It seems as though they are already experimenting with depopulation through humans by genetically modifying the bodies hormone/sperm counts with Gm foods and vaccines to stop or control pregnancies from happening, so who's to say they won't be looking at ways to control the seed growths of natural plants to further their control and supply of seeds.
pretty sure these people in power are not losing any monetry value by building these banks, and will end up seeing a massive increase of returns from their global planning of full market control with Gm products.

top topics

join