It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting quote from Mexican president Felipe Calderon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was watching the news hour with Jim Lehrer last night and there was a segment about Calderon visiting California.
you can listen here, about a quarter of the way through the broadcast where Calderon describes the economies of Mexico and California.
He asks for investment from California and "the rest of the Union"

At first I didn't think too much because the union he could be referring to might only be the rest of the USA.

Since I'm still not completely sold on the NAU I googled and googlenews'd "north american union" and came up with a lot of articles from august 2007, around the time of a press release from spp.gov
I find it suspicious that Bush would laugh it off as "jelly bean standardization" when the release and the "security agenda" both outline what amounts to be the formation of a union.
It's also kind of suspect that the joint meetings are typically invite only.

Finally, I wanted to say hi. I've been lurking for months and finally registered just to share the above clip.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

I do think that he was just talking about the rest of America.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, its just another secret to chalk up to the growing possibility of US becoming one with the rest of the continents that surround it.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Calderone was talking about La Raza and their desire to conquer the western part of the U.S. And when California is a part of this, Mexico will control a very large economy, much larger than most of the countries in the world. They would nationalize much of the economy. But that would be their downfall. They forget that it is Americans who have made the powerhouse of California. Calderone can only bring more corruption and lack of foresight which seems to be the norm in Mexican society. They won't stand and the U.S. will reclaim California and the rest of the La Raza areas quickly. Because Mexicans, by their culture alone, don't know how to govern themselves. They need someone to control them and tell them what to do. That's why a country that is rich in resources, including human resources, have no clue. Here's something to consider. I struggle with it a lot. Why have Caucasian societies done so well compared to other societies? Is it because the whites are the devils?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well hello there! If you need more selling on the North American Union here are a few clips:

This is Lou Dobbs in 2006

And more Lou Dobbs

And the CBC (Canadian news)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS mr. horizontal undead person.

I saw the same thing. I was concerned about his language, but at the same time I can see it both ways.

I think it is more likely that he meant the rest of the US. Since he was asking for investment from us, I guess you can assume we are not in 'union' with Mexico yet. Otherwise, he would not have to ask.

Besides that point, the vision of a unifried (the r is intended) Continent is becoming more and more obtainable each day.... God help us.

top topics

join