It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The realities of Bugging out..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Whether to bug-in or bug out will be a decision that each and everyone of us will have to make at some juncture. It will be a choice most likely made based upon individual strengths and weaknesses like physical fitness levels, survival skills and knowledge, the dangerousness of the situation, level of preparedness, etc.

People with families will make their decision based on what is best for the group, not only themselves. Would they fare better alone? Probably.. Would they consider leaving their loved ones behind? Not likely. It's like being a Musketeer or a member of a miltary unit, "One for all, and all for one". Is this true survival thinking? probably not, is it Human nature? Definitely!

I'm sure Doc will do what's best for his family, just like you or I will do what's best for us and our loved ones when the time comes. To criticize his choice is wrong. Maybe staying together is more important than simply surviving. After all, if you abandon all that you care for, what exactly are you living for? You'd be so ate up with guilt, you'd be miserable.

The best solution is prepare everyone to the best of your ability, and make contingency plans for all the various scenarios. If it means making a desperate stand as a group, so be it. All you can do is your best, and hope it's enough. We Humans are strange creatures indeed!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Too much ego, not enough info. Oh yeah, that's why I keep drifting away from this place.

Not ego but envy.

I do envy you and your situation with your nice neighbors and comfortable setting. I live in Vegas where we don’t know our neighbors first or last names and we only know their occupations if we glimpse them in their work uniforms.

For many of us our neighbors are the ones we are worried about.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass, I guess if I had better people skills I wouldn’t spend so much time on the internet.

If it's drifting you want then happy drifting; you will be missed by most, cranky as you can be sometimes.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

I live in Vegas too, and youre absolutely right. My neighbors are the ones I am worried about. So much so, that it has altered my way of thinking if a bug out event were to happen.

I also have a place in the northern midwest that I keep as my "getaway", but if it came down to it, and I was stuck in Vegas during said event, anyone who came near me or my family would have to be um made gone

The people out here in Vegas would turn on each other in a matter of seconds. For the most part, I've found they are untrustworthy, selfish, and just plain aholes.

As for the place in the midwest, I would gladly welcome and help the people up there,as I know they would do the same for me.

Moral of the post: Be especially careful of not only what youre running from, but also those running next to you. They could very well pose the biggest threat to you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join