It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willing destruction of Mars anomaly by NASA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In this picture from the Spirit front hazcam in Sol 1069 picture I detected an anomaly on the ground compared to the rest of the terrain structure. Left side of picture, center height in the prolongation of the left tyre and the first rock. It's apparent smooth and sinosoidal shape does not fit in with the ragged and sharply egded visible structures. In fact it reminded me of some sand worm deposit.

As I tried to find other or closer angle views of this anomaly I could only assess that it had been rolled over and destroyed by the Spirit tyres. (Sol 1087)

I find it astonishing and sad that this evident anomaly has been destroyed (willingly?) and would haved loved to see it further investigated.
Have any other ATS members noticed similar happenings before?

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
what about the pixels you can spot in the atmosphere ? it appears on both pictures - 2 in the first one and one in the second picture.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

I've seen those too, they kind of appear regularly and might be dust on the lense, however the one appearing this picture is only there once.
Almost as if a fly was caputred on the pic.
Compare these two pics

and here it's gone...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Indeed Icblue the last 2 pictures is odd, and calculating the distance between the 2 pictures movement it just barely got off screen on the second picture. One thing is sure it is not dust on the optic.

Keep up the good work mate.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

There are two front hazcams -- A left one and a right one. Pictures designated with "LOM1" at the end of the file name are from the left hazcam, and the ones designated "ROM1" at the end of the file name are from the right one. By the way, there are also two Rear Hazcams.

The spot in the picture sty mentioned is from the Front Left Hazcam, and appears on every photo taken around SOL 1069 -- in fact I went back to SOL 800, and the spot was still there on the front left hazcam. I even looked back to SOL 500 and the spot was still there. So it seems obvious that the object is just a mark on the lens, since it has been there in every Front Left Hazcam photo for at least 570+ Martian days (and probably more, but I didn't look). If you look at the photos from the Front Right Hazcam taken at the same time as the photo with the spot, you can see that the spot does not exist -- because it was taken with a different camera.

the picture in Icblue's second post could have also been dust, but that is the only picture taken by the Front Left Hazcam on that day, so there is nothing to compare it to. However, it can be compared with the Right Hazcam photo which was taken at the exact same time which does not have the spot. I looked at photos taken 1 SOL before, and 2 SOLS after, but the spot was not there. However it could still be dust that appeared on the lens on SOL 1080, then blew away prior to SOL 1082.

The bottom line is that these are obviously spots or dust on the lens, since the object appears in only one of the two hazcam photos which are taken simultaneously.

Icblue -- sorry for going off topic from your OP.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

[edit on 2/16/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Just to make sure that people see the anomaly I was refering to in my first post, I tried and uploaded the picture with the area circled to photobucket. I hope the link works..

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Strange how no-one seems to comment on the posted picture, am I the only one to see a worm, snakelike thing on the ground that does not fit there? Any explanation of what it could be?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by icblue

i do not see a snake, just a rock/sand that looks similar to a snake. i do however see, part of a wall on that picture. but that's just me.

top topics

join