It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Tobacco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I'm new here. I want to discuss something but from reading the rules of this bb it seems like the administrators are paranoid of advertisers. So I hope it's okay to post this link because I really did buy this book on my own and it really did blow my mind.

Anyways I just got done with a 4 week cut-down smoking program that has kind of freaked me out and I was looking for a place to discuss it. I read a book about a month ago that a friend gave me. Here's the web site

therealshockingtruth.com

I was skeptical at first but after a month of doing what he suggested, I now think this author is onto something big. And I think it's going to hit the fan one day real soon.

Has anyone else smoked foreign tobacco and noticed a different type of addiction? And I'm not talking about stronger. This is different. It seems like when ever I'm busy or have my mind on something I don't think about smoking for as long as 2 hours. Where as when I smoked American tobacco the urge for a cigarette would tap me on the shoulder every 45 minutes no matter what I was doing or where I was at.

And I don't need people barking the usual 'all tobacco will kill you' because this subject has to do with a far more serious crime than we all know the tobacco companies have already comited. This has to do with them crossing a line that we assume would only happen in a fiction novel.

Anyone?

Frank

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yes!
I am an Australian now living on a US military base and so have been smoking American cigarettes. I found in the last 2 years that I have been here that I was smoking more and more ... until I realized what I was doing and so as of the last month I have made a conscious decision to greatly reduce the number I smoke. And I have, to about 4 a day.

See, when I was back home I'd occasionally smoke, I was what some would call a social smoker. When I moved here I was smoking all day long and often and put it down to being in a new place in life and not working, being a bit depressed etc ...
but it still didn't feel right. There was no excuse for the amount I was smoking.

I will now go peruse this site you linked

Cheers

Edit to add -
I am ordering this book tomorrow

[edit on 16-2-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I am an Australian now living on a US military base and so have been smoking American cigarettes. I found in the last 2 years that I have been here that I was smoking more and more ... until I realized what I was doing and so as of the last month I have made a conscious decision to greatly reduce the number I smoke. And I have, to about 4 a day.

To be honest, smoking and military bases go hand in hand. That's when/where I started smoking. Most people I work with smoke or use some type of tobacco, so I picked it up by association.

As far as American tobacco, I believe it is the best in the world (I have had a lot). You just have to get American Spirits or some other natural tobacco.

join