It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hello everyone! Long-time lurker here. I had tried to sign up back in 2005, but I never received a confirmation email so I went back to lurking. I figured that someone had already taken this name, when it reality the email was probably sent to my junk mail folder by accident.
I settled on this username because of something that happened to me a long time ago. One day, I was feeling particularly lonely and dissatisfied with the state of our world. I went into a prayer state but did not pray to God - I simply closed my eyes, concentrated, and thought of a message. The gist of it was "If there is life out there besides us, please let me know." An unknown period of time passed and I didn't feel anything. So I forgot about it. The next morning, while at work, a word popped into my head - "fomalhaut". That's it. No warm fuzzy feelings, no beautiful vision - just that word. Yet it was crystal clear. At the time, I had just graduated high school and was a stock boy at a supermarket.
I met my b/f while at university in America - he is Taiwanese. Immigration laws being what they are and attitudes toward gay unions being what they are, we decided it would be much easier for me to stay in Taiwan than for him to stay in America. So here I am - a redneck in Taiwan

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fomalhaut

Welcome, fomalhaut!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, fomalhaut.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Welcome fomalhaut

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Welcome! I am new too. Have a great time.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Glad to have you aboard. A big ATS welcome, now that you've stopped lurking. And I look forward to your comments from that corner of the world. We need more people in place to tell us how things are being viewed in other countries.

Here's a link to some good info, though you may already know a lot of this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, welcome to ATS!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcomes.
I think the most interesting thing coming up here is the presidential election. I think everyone here wants warmer relations with China, for the economy's sake.

top topics

join