It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dgtempe's Smoothie Diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've had that thing they're calling the "flu" :shk: and i dont dare eat anything heavy, so i came up with something refreshing and filling.

Juices, anykind as long as they have Splenda, 1 banana, i tablespoon of plain yogurt, ice and a blender!

I've been doing this for over a week now and at night i just started eating a tiny bit of protein, no starches, breads or anything like that. A salad.

In 7 days i lost 12 pounds and i always feel satisfied. I'm also taking a multi vitamin everyday.

I cant beleive how filling these homemade smoothies are!!!

I dont need to lose weight but i'm afraid of regular food, although i would like to be a size 6 again. I just thought i'd share this with you in case you're looking to drop some weight fast, or are afraid of the food that is poisoning our bodies!

I think we are all going to have to start eating differently given these viruses are everywhere, and please, i never want to see a chicken again as long as i live.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hey DG! I'm a big one for juices and smoothies.
Where I live we have a smoothie bar that makes them right in front of you called EUPHORIA! They can make anything into a smoothie.
My favorites are Blueberry Banana, and CoCo LoCo..which is coconut and banana. They even make smoothies out of REDBULL* energy drinks!
I walk a mile and a half to get there, almost every day. Best smoothies ever.
They also add vitamins and whey powder if you want them too.
I hope you are feeling better soon.You are doing the right thing.Give your body what it needs in a way that is easy to digest and absorb. Good for you hon!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
AD,

You just gave me an idea! I dont like RedBull,, but i do like RockStar, so i will be incorporating that into my morning fix today!!!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
AD,

You just gave me an idea! I dont like RedBull,, but i do like RockStar, so i will be incorporating that into my morning fix today!!!

Thanks!

Go for it girl!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Smoothies are wonderful aren't they ?

I had almost forgotten how good until recently and have been on a smoothie binge lately lol I unfortunately love mine with milk, and I don't normally drink milk so I have been buying the organic fat free stuff.
I banana, half a cup of milk and a bit of honey, blended well
yummmmm

I will try your recipe now, thanks dg!

Any idea on how soy milk tastes in a smoothie ? I may just have to try it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I make smoothies every morning, it is the only thing that my wife can have in the morning that doesnt upset her stomach. I use a lot of the frozen fruits, I think my favorite is strawberry, kiwi, orange juice, and banana. I also add some yogurt, whey powder, wheat germ, and flax seed oil to the mix. A smoothie and a cup of coffee, and I am flying through my morning, when you put all that other stuff in it, it really jumps the energy level up. I have to eat real food though, I cant just have smoothies, I am a carnivore and need a good steak every now and again.

You are spot on though about food now a day, we dont eat anything but organic, all the stuff I put in the smoothies is organic. We raise our own animals for meat, cats, dogs, no just kidding we raise our own chickens, pigs, and cattle. As well as our own veggies and can or freeze enough for the whole year. Living in a northern climate we cant raise much in the way of fruit, except for blueberries and strawberries, and a couple others.

Im jaded, soy milk tastes awful in smoothies, unless you like soy milk. I am not a fan of soy, unless it is non GE and organic, even then I only use soy as a filler.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You just gave me an idea.

Fried chicken and a chocolate smoothie. mmmm

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
You just gave me an idea.

Fried chicken and a chocolate smoothie. mmmm

EWWWW Yucky....

Love em separate... but some things should NOT be mixed...
Lemme know how that turned out...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Squeeze the juice

squeeze

squeeze

squeeze

SQUEEZE THE JUICE

Yeah!

MonKey

That's me being all supportive of your smoothie squeezing.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

haha! man now I feel like watching that movie lol

good lookin out gunner, I figured as much and now I know not to try using soy in my smoothies

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

In 7 days i lost 12 pounds and i always feel satisfied.

Well THERE'S the reason for the weight loss... lucky you

Hehe.. I tried a type of 'smoothie in Lebanon..

It was nothing but thinly shaved ice/fruit ice with a flavouring but GET THIS...

0 fat
0 carbs
0 protein..

Don't ask me!! tastes like ice cream to eat too... mmmmm creammmy
I liked the strawberry one.

(I'm only down 4-5kg after first 3 1/2 weeks back to gym:shk::bnghd:

Need more tricks too.)

top topics

join