It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian state TV suggests USA involved in drug-trafficking from Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

How you think the Taliban fund their war against the Northern Alliance back in 94?

How about when the U.S. invaded and the Taliban needed funds to start their war? Who the Taliban going to get their money from? Afghan taxpayers?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Thats like asking where do Iraqi insurgents get their funding/weapons from?
I am sure you can't grow poppy in Iraq.

We know its the sorrounding countries that support the Iraqi insurgents with weapons and millitants.

Thats the same case with the Taliban.
Weapons,millitants,basics are all sent from Pakistan across the border into Afghanistan.They got alot of support from Pakistan thats why the US keeps pressuring Musharraf to let the US troops into the Pak territory but the public is against it.They don't want US boots on Pak soil.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm not a great tactical analyst, but I have a view which may or may not check all the right boxes:

1: Illegal drugs are expensive to purchase "on the street"

2: The "government" decides which drugs are illegal - these are mostly considered 'dangerous drugs', but don't yet include alcohol or tobacco

3: There are criminal organisations involved in bringing drugs to every major city in the world, and while some of these organisations are purely local affairs, others have widespread connections at home and abroad and, if only by the law of averages, some others undoubtedly have members or other close connections in various governmental capacities

4: It may be deemed in these people's interests to maintain a high street value for illegal drugs as they are in the best possible positions to siphon off some of those profits to a: personal bank accounts; b: black ops; c: other personal business interests; d: unknown non-human-sympathetic activities

5: If I were the government, I'd clamp down on any and all serious competition, as quickly as I'd clamp down on tax fraud only with less diplomacy

6: If governments used their power for good in the world, what a wonderful world this would be ....

Summary: Most drugs are still illegal because governments are making money out of them. The smugglers and dealers who get caught are the competition to a government monopoly. Those who are dealt with the hardest are the annoyiing small fry who have got themselves involved too deeply in a business they don't really understand and need to be taught a lesson. The rest have already reached an accommodation with the true ptb and are unlikely to be prosecuted unless they put a foot wrong somewhere.

Furthermore, drug illegality perpetuates certain types of criminal activity, from burglary and mugging to fraud and bank hold-ups; but drug use among the lowest paid helps keep them from educating themselves or their children out of the gutter.

A drug culture is a good thing for a government to encourage. Its loss would be severely missed as the working-class population increases with a commensurate demand on whatever welfare support is available at the time, forcing governments to begin addressing issues of fairness and equality on a level playing field at last.

But that'll never happen in our lifetime, I suspect.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Sky watcher, no offense taken.

MikeBoyd,

I don't think the majority of US military is involved in drug smuggling.

You're right the CIA is not the military, but what would you consider them?

Intelligence agencies are connected with the military, although maybe not directly related.

Isn't the CIA part of the DoJ? Secret pact between CIA and DoJ

Check this propaganda out:

What does the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) do?
The Central Intelligence Agency's primary mission is to collect, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to assist the President and senior US Government policymakers in making decisions relating to the national security. The Central Intelligence Agency does not make policy; it is an independent source of foreign intelligence information for those who do. The Central Intelligence Agency may also engage in covert action at the President's direction in accordance with applicable law.

www.umsl.edu...

Yeah they follow applicable law...Right. They haven't followed the Constitution or international law since they were founded. My great uncle who just passed was an ex-CIA op. He did some questionable things for the country that I'm sure he's not very proud of. He was a part of USAID during ww2 and afterwards (a CIA front).

The 'what does the CIA do' link mentions they act in the best interest of national security.

I don't think drug smuggling is in the best interest of the nation, is it?

[edit on 2/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

The CIA falls under the State Department. They have their own agendas that deal primarily with Foreign Policy. The Department of Defense has no oversight or control over the CIA. The DOD has its own Intelligence agencies, that deal primarily with National Security. The NSA is one that does fall under the DoD, its primary mission deals with signals intelligence.

I would consider them Covert Intelligence Operatives, they are not soldiers. These guys are spies and assassins. They dont have uniforms, they dont fall under military justice or honor, and they are not organized into military units.

I figure if the CIA is involved in the mess its because they need a Black Budget for funding various Black Ops, Shell/Front Companies, operating Black Sites, etc. Again that has nothing to do with the Armed Forces.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The question was asked, Who profits from the drug trade from Afghanistan?

The Bush-Clinton Crime Syndicate profits off the top.

Then the inheritors of the Nazis brought over through Operation Paperclip get money for their black ops within known US government agencies as well as those that are top secret and unknown to the U.S. people.

Then moneys from the trade make their way to pay people for silence as well as for cooperation.

To tell the truth the USA's high and mighty learnt all of this from the British Empire which perfected the selling of drugs to finance their empire. The US American Federal Empire is no different and has taken the idea to new heights of technology and subterfuge.

[edit on 18/2/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Isn't it a bit hypocritical for elements of the US government (covert or overt) to be dealing drugs when the law is very clear on the legality of aforementioned substances?

I don't care if they want to fund their black budget. What they're doing is illegal and clearly not in the best interest of the country or world.

If they want to protect us, why don't they stop meddling in other countries' business?

We give 'terrorists' a reason to hate us when we invade countries, bomb their cities, and mess around with their economic system.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to attack the US.

We freaking deserve it.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Isn't it a bit hypocritical for elements of the US government (covert or overt) to be dealing drugs when the law is very clear on the legality of aforementioned substances?

I don't care if they want to fund their black budget. What they're doing is illegal and clearly not in the best interest of the country or world.

If they want to protect us, why don't they stop meddling in other countries' business?

We give 'terrorists' a reason to hate us when we invade countries, bomb their cities, and mess around with their economic system.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to attack the US.

We freaking deserve it.

I would say yes its Hypocritical. I would also say that humanity and the world in general seems to be defined by Hypocrisy. Its not just the CIA, its the whole species.

I'm not sure what would be worse, to use Tax Payers money or use Drug trade revenue to fund Black Budgets.

Its defintely not in the best interest of the world, but again the CIA isn't looking out for the world's best interests, its looking out for the American Oligarchy's interests.

I'm not defending them, heck I don't know if they are really involved. No doubt there are rogue elements involved in illegal profiteering and other nefarious plans. There are rogue elements in every government and organization.

The reality is there will always be meddling, war, and terror. Its who we are. Its been a defining feature of humanity and history. There will always be propaganda demonizing others and making some look benevolent. Thats all crap, there's no good guys or bad guys. Only shades of grey. Its nice to have utopian fantasies of world peace and tranquility, but at the end of every day over one hundred thousand people's lives are torn away by war, famine, disease, crime, tragedy and disaster.

So if anyone deserves anything the whole species should be the recipient.

[edit on 18/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The reality is there will always be meddling, war, and terror. Its who we are. Its been a defining feature of humanity and history.

Unfortunately, that's an unarguable point, except in the most quibbling way (It's who the Warmongers are, personally I've never started a war in my life ...)

Those of us who aren't members of a national spy organisation, a political leadership or an army (and there are considerably more of us than there are of them) have long realised that we should act nice. We shouldn't break laws, we shouldn't hurt children and we shouldn't earn a living through the deaths and tortures of others.

However, we don't run the planet.

There are agencies in America and other places who are, unless specifically identified in the drafting of certain laws, exempt from those laws. Such laws include the trafficking of drugs, the rigging of electoral ballots and murder. These agencies will often commit these crimes "for the greater good". There are black operations conducted on our behalf "for the greater good". Wars are fought in our name "for the greater good". There are secrets kept safely beyond our ken "for the greater good".

The money for all this has to come from somewhere. For those who perform these distasteful acts in pursuance of this greatness of goodness, most terminal drug addicts are worthless scum, anyway, aren't they?

Is using tax money better or worse than using drug money?

There is no difference. It isn't the source of the money that's wrong, it's what's being funded.

Small elite groups know very well what is for the Greater Good, because they consider themselves The Greater.

The ruling bodies throughout history always have.

Which is why democracy will never catch on in the West.

[edit on 19/2/08 by hidatsa]

[edit on 19/2/08 by hidatsa]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What everybody has failde to see ie the Swedish governments support to USA government regarding war making and conflicts. Swedish government "gave" 50 million euros to farmers in Afghanistan so they can keep the flow of opium raising. Also the Swedish government has sent 400 soldiers to guard the opium fields. Google Bofors, SAAB Dynamics, Excalibur SAAB, Lundin Oil, and you will see what Sweden does to our world.

corruptio.blogg.se

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join