It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian state TV suggests USA involved in drug-trafficking from Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Russian state TV suggests USA involved in drug-trafficking from Afghanistan

www.sott.net

Aleksandr Mikhaylov, the head of the department of interdepartmental and informational activity at the Russian Drugs Control Agency, was shown saying that economic measures to tackle the problem are foundering on local corruption. "The local authorities draw up seriously forged lists in which an amount is recorded for the amount destroyed and, in fact, the crop has not been destroyed at all. The theft of the money to combat narcotics is going on and is flourishing," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I always had suspicions of CIA using US troops to do the dirty job but the troops themselves are involved in it and are busy getting high when Taliban are not around.

www.sott.net

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

The US government has been smuggling illicit substances for years now.

In Vietnam it was heroin, in Afghanistan its poppy, in Columbia its coc aine.

The same in every place.

We invade for some bull# reason to cover the tracks of our drug operation.

Every time the CIA and other intelligence agencies get to fund their 'black ops' while the rest of us pay taxes to support the war.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

These drug lords are they themselves puppets to organisations like CIA?
Who ultimatetly profits from the drug traficking business?

When Taliban were in power they tried their best to get rid of these poppy fields and drug traficking.Since the US took over, the drug business is booming.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The drug lords are the CIA "masters". At least some of them.

The government profits from drug trafficking. We pay taxes to eradicate coc aine in Columbia, cannabis in California (Texas and other places as well), and poppy in Afghanistan.

However, that money is pocketed and much of the confiscated drugs are sold on the streets.

Pharmaceuticals profit from plants being illegal. Many pills are opiates, (opium based from poppy) the 'caine' medicine have elements of the coca plant in them I believe (not 100% sure on this one, but they're similar anyway), and cannabis is exploited through the marinol pill.

Aside from drug companies, there are many others who profit.

Ask yourself who would benefit from these drugs remaining illegal?

I agree with the opium production in Afghanistan. I've made several posts about the opium trade in the Middle East, but none seemed to pay attention.

Its not that easy to come to terms with the fact that our government lies to us and really doesn't have the best interest of the people at heart.

The truth hurts.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
They say the money markets of the world, needs the money laundering drug money, in it, so the money system can keep going. Thats a lot of money going somehwere.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
andy,

There has been speculation that the US economy is propped up from our drug sales.

I would not be surprised.

What better way to launder money than to directly inject it into the economy? Untraceable.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Sounds more like the illegal drugs are being recycled in the same system that made it 'illegal'.Not a bad way to get the cash rolling.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
No its a great scam.

Here's a few links to get you started. I would suggest doing research on your own to find out the level of complacency by our 'leaders.'

CIA involvement in drug trade - ATS source

"White lies" about the drug war in Columbia

CIA drug trafficking activities

www.fas.org... A Tangled Web: A History of CIA Complicity in Drug International Trafficking

This seems to be a great resource from WW2-1996.

The Contras, Cocaine, and Covert Operations

Bush will not stop Afghan opium trade

Poppies, Pot, Oil, and the CIA

The Assassinated Press

You may also want to check out the Research forum:

CIA front research thread

There's some good resources in that thread as well to let you in on the CIA's dirty little secrets.

This is by no means a definitive list.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the sources!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Aircraft's Owners in 5.5 Ton Cocaine Bust Include Tom DeLay Appointee

ATS - 5 ton coke bust- planes owners- Tom Delays appointee, and CIA?

CIA Plane crashes with Coke on board

ATS - CIA Torture Jet wrecks with 4 Tons of COCAINE

It is also known that the Taliban outlawed opium before they got taken down out of power.

Since the US has been in Afghanistan the rate of opium has gone up 95% or more.

Its not rocket science to see that the CIA and US government control the drug trade.

The 2 links above.. There are threads about them here on ATS.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 2/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Attari

The US government has been smuggling illicit substances for years now.

In Vietnam it was heroin, in Afghanistan its poppy, in Columbia its coc aine.

The same in every place.

We invade for some bull# reason to cover the tracks of our drug operation.

Every time the CIA and other intelligence agencies get to fund their 'black ops' while the rest of us pay taxes to support the war.

I lived in Vietnam a few years ago and the rumour I heard was that the heroin was being shipped back in dead soldiers caskets out of Danang air force base.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by deessell]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The taliban crushed the development of heroin until the U.S led invasion, then all of a sudden production is up 200%. All that evil drug travels throughout the world and destroys peoples brains. You would think an invasion would made it harder to produce it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xion329alpha

The americans could spray them poppy fields. I remember hearing blair saying they were going to stop the poppy fields, but i just laughed at the time. Now we see they have no intention of doing that, and like you said its doubled.

Its amazing this double talk they have.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I just posted loads of links that prove the US is involved in the Mexican drug cartel so yes, them going to other countries and supplying drugs is real. We do it every day. Its just that if the government does it its ok. Where as if us normal folks do it its a crime.

Hilda

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

They are spraying some fields..but the Afghan government does NOT want wholesale spraying, because it can not only kill non-narcotic plants, but the effects on the water and people are too bad to handle. They are hand sspraying right now, but that is all show and no go; a photo op only.

The bottom line: The world heroin market has been managed for decades by the intel agencies. It gives them a lot of cash for black ops, and also some other intel they pick up along the way.If the world wanted to rid itself of the poppy plant, it could have done so the same way they got rid of Quaalaudes many years ago: Stop all manufacturing of medicines that contain the main ingredient and carefully watch the precurson chems. But since poppies account for legal products as well, they NEED poppies.

Cocaine is the only Schedule 2 that comes from a plant directly. It is only used now is specific cases of ear, nose and throat surgeons and such for numbing areas. The other ' caine ' lidocaine, etc. are all synthetic substitutes that are almost as effective yet have no ' rush ' effects for the user. Pharmaceutical coc aine is almost unheard of anymore as no hospitals, pharmacies, etc. want to handle and store it and watch it closely while dispensed.

Heroin is the ONLY drug market that never changes, due to the nature of the drug and the population that uses it. It will not come and go like ' fad ' drugs ( crack , ecstasy , etc. ) and is a reliable and constant source of money. They know that there is a stable and older population of junkies that will always depend on a market, and the intel guys will never allow purely criminal cabals to control it: The money is just too big.

Eever notive that the main, high level kingpins are always taken down ( on the rare occasions when they need some publicity ) when they refuse to play the game. If they will not be under the thumb of the truly big shots them off they go to jail. Dennis Hastert, speaker of the house, is a drug gangster and has taken massive cash payoff's- he took Tip O'Neill's place as the bag man for the inside players.

Our leaders are corrupt as hell and we are seeing the America we love go to hell, and fast.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

I always had suspicions of CIA using US troops to do the dirty job but the troops themselves are involved in it and are busy getting high when Taliban are not around.

www.sott.net

I have to say this is mostly crap. I was there patrolling, doing missions in areas where there was cultivation of drug crops. The military does urinanalysis on soldiers suspected of harvesting and using the stuff.

Now I know some soldiers were stupid enough to try to do that, and they got caught.

I will tell you some things the news wont though. We ran into a man who was living there among the areas dominated by drug crops and surprisingly he was an American. He wasn't SF, so I have no idea what he was doing. We also had a Private contractor deported after catching him at a FOB doing illegal activities.

In addition, the Afghan National Police are primarily responsible for drug smuggling. We had no jurisdiction to inspect them or their vehicles.

Lastly, US troops are not there to eradicate drug crops. The crops are grown by dirt poor farmers, like feudal serfs, as cash crops for local warlords. In order to maintain the status quo, warlords helping us kill the Taliban, we had to win hearts and minds of the people who have artillery and tanks. Now if the Afghan government wants to go out and burn their opium crops by all means we let them. This probably explains why the ANA and ANP like to lob RPGs at each other's compunds every once in awhile. I was in one when the ANP decided to do so. So the police and army don't like each other.

Basically:
1. We dont tolerate drug use, smuggling by soldiers or contractors especially on FOBs.
2.We can't stop the Afghan National Police from smuggling or using drugs.
3. We won't stop the warlords from growing cash crops due to the hearts and mind philosophy.
4. We won't stop the Afghan National Army from burning those same crops.
5. We won't stop them from shooting each either.

[edit on 16/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Another thing people should question, is what about islands like ibiza, that are drug ridden. Why do they let those islands exist to do what they do?

Obviuosly for money, but if there really was a war against drugs, ibiza would not be a island of much appeal to party goers would it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I lived in Vietnam a few years ago and the rumour I heard was that the heroin was being shipped back in dead soldiers caskets out of Danang air force base.

Haha they were doing it like Bad Boys 2 styles were they? Instead of hiding cash in caskets, they were hiding drugs...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yep, that was the rumour, if true, just shows you, what sort of people run this sort of thing.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by andy1033]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join