It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says early withdrawal from Iraq would mean 'genocide'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

McCain says early withdrawal from Iraq would mean 'genocide'

www.breitbart.com

Republican frontrunner John McCain drew sharp distinctions with his Democratic White House rivals over Iraq, saying an untimely US withdrawal would bring about "genocide."
In an interview with CNN, the presumptive Republican nominee for president slammed Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, who have said they would begin withdrawing troops from Iraq in their first months in the White House.

"Both Senator Obama and Clinton want to set a date for withdrawal. That means chaos. That means genocide."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iraq ready for "final" battle with al Qaeda: PM
www.abovepolitics.com...
Iraq forces could control all provinces this year: U.S.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
No sir! What we are doing now in Iraq is genocide.

What the Iraqi people have undergone for FIVE years is ethnic cleansing and genocide.

The civil war following our invasion was genocide.

You seem to want to be there for years and years.

Why don't you volunteer for the army and jump into the fray?

You are willing to sacrifice other people's lives, but not your own.

You sir are a hypocrite.

No more blood for...Oil, Guns, WMDs, "Freedom," Dictators, Insurgents, Terrorists, whatever your excuse for staying now is.

Enough.

The additional link I posted is crucial to his statement.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki proclaimed on Friday that Al-Qaeda had been routed in Baghdad thanks to a security plan launched a year ago, and would soon be defeated throughout the country.
"Thank God, we destroyed the cells of Al-Qaeda. They have been chased out of Baghdad and this has opened the way for their defeat throughout Iraq," Maliki said at a ceremony marking the launch on February 14 last year of the Baghdad security plan, known as Operation Fardh al-Qanoon (Imposing Law).

The US-trained Al Qaeda terrorist group is now out of Baghdad.

This seemed to be one of the strongholds for the CIA operations in Iraq. Perhaps now the Iraqi military and police will be able to support themselves.

If not, we still have to leave.

The country will erupt into further chaos the longer we stay.

No the surge did not work. Open your eyes people.

Just because there are lulls in the suicide bombings doesn't mean the 'insurgency' has ended nor been suppressed.

The Iraqi people are fighting an occupation force: Western troops.

They want us out and its about time we listened to the wishes of the Iraqi people and not the puppet government.

The additional thread I posted mentioned a 'final battle' with Al Qaeda.

Well now that its over, let's go home...

I also provided a link to a thread I started a while ago mentioning "Iraqi forces to control all provinces this year."

Let's get on with it then!

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

This statement is coming from the same man who voted against banning torture.

He has no problem with torturing people, but cries genocide when talk of troop withdraws is on the table.

Wasn't he tortured in Vietnam? He must have enjoyed that a lot to have other endure the same torment.

Not to mention he's openly a racist...but that's another story.

Does he actually use his brain?

How is the atrocities in Iraq not genocide? We'd have to really try for it to be worse.

There was more stability under Saddam for pete sake.

Anarchy rules, and we sit by and watch.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I just did a very brief search through google about the "Iraq genocide" and picked up on a few articles.

It seems a 'genocide' is already happening.

Or the prelude to one has already begun.

Article II describes two elements of the crime of genocide:

1) the mental element, meaning the "intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such", and

2) the physical element which includes five acts described in sections a, b, c, d and e. A crime must include both elements to be called "genocide."

Article III described five punishable forms of the crime of genocide: genocide; conspiracy, incitement, attempt and complicity.

www.preventgenocide.org...

I posted a thread about the NATO genocide in Afghanistan, but it seems people have better things to worry about these days.

War in Iraq: Not a Humanitarian Intervention

The lack of ongoing or imminent mass slaughter was itself sufficient to disqualify the invasion of Iraq as a humanitarian intervention. Nonetheless, particularly in light of the ruthlessness of Saddam Hussein’s rule, it is useful to examine the other criteria for humanitarian intervention. For the most part, these too were not met.

As noted, because of the substantial risks involved, an invasion should qualify as a humanitarian intervention only if it is the last reasonable option to stop mass killings. Since there were no ongoing mass killings in Iraq in early 2003, this issue technically did not arise. But it is useful to explore whether military intervention was the last reasonable option to stop what Iraqi abuses were ongoing.

It was not. If the purpose of the intervention was primarily humanitarian, then at least one other option should have been tried long before resorting to the extreme step of military invasion—criminal prosecution. There is no guarantee that prosecution would have worked, and one might have justified skipping it had large-scale slaughter been underway. But in the face of the Iraqi government’s more routine abuses, this alternative to military action should have been tried.

I agree completely. We did not offer any other options besides invasion.

We sanctioned Iraq, but that only hurt the average person. Saddam had plenty of help from his neighbors in continuing his rule of terror.

Genocide in Iraq: The Anfal campaign against the Kurds

Iran-Iraq war

What is even more sickening than Saddam's actions on the Iraqi people is our involvement in the Iran-Iraq war.

We sold Saddam chemical weapons (among other things) and allowed him to attack the Iranians.

There was no intervention in the 80s. It seems Bush Senior didn't care enough about the Iranian people.

"We're committing genocide in Iraq" - Veteran

American genocide in the Middle East: 3 million and counting

Iraq, the Genocide option

So Mr. McCain, it seems genocide is already happening in Iraq. Would you like to stay longer and have the death toll rise higher on your watch?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
"Withdrawing from Iraq would mean genocide for the Iraqis" what that translates as is "Withdrawal would financial loss for Haliburton and Big Oil."

Genocide is taking place in East Timor, North Korea, Somalia, Kenya and countless other places where there is no American interest because there is no one keeping oil profits from taking place.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Webmusher

I don't think I mentioned genocide to be exclusive to Iraq, but we are directly involved in at least one (Afghanistan would make two and I'm sure I can think of more ongoing ethnic cleansings we're involved in).

Darfur is happening due to Chinese/Russian oil/arms dealing. This has never been called genocide by the UN because the two aforementioned countries can veto it in the Security Council.

Africa itself is in turmoil, but that's another story...Ditto for NK. The Chinese are involved with that one as well.

All the big players are involved here. No country is innocent.

Blood is on all our hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Webmusher
Genocide is taking place in East Timor,

East Timor is Australia and New Zealand responsibility. If you had given East Timor a look in you would know that UN forces pulled out to soon and the country descended(SP?) into its current state. It was the same in Somalia and looks to be the same with Iraq.

But you have all made your minds up before hand.

Have you seen the You Tube video of McCain stating that no more US troops should have to die in Somalia ?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think Senator Joe Biden is on to something when he speaks about "partitioning" of Iraq
Since Saddam was the only one that could hold the Sunnis, Shia and Kurds together as a country, it's probably best they have some sort of partition. Either way we should get out, sooner or later they will figure it out between each other, or die trying.

top topics

join