It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W. Bush to endorse McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

George H.W. Bush to endorse McCain

www.politico.com

Former president George H.W. Bush will endorse Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in Houston on Monday during a media availability at 9:30 a.m. Texas time, Republican sources say.

President Bush will be in Africa at the time. He told “Fox News Sunday” last weekend that he would help make the case for McCain’s conservative credentials as soon as there was an official nominee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...
www.abovepolitics.com...
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Bush Senior is endorsing McCain, trying to boost his chances of winning the election.

McCain has the GOP primary race in the bag, but I doubt he has any chance at winning the general election.

He may have a worse chance now that a Bush has endorsed him, but I guess 'conservatives' like the man for some reason.

Anybody remember trickle down economics? Did that ever work?

The endorsement by the former president does two things that are crucial to McCain:
— It makes Huckabee look like he’s not being a team player, raising expectations that he should drop out or run a quieter campaign.
— It undercuts Republicans who are reluctant to fully support McCain because of his past differences with the party’s right wing.

Whatever makes McCain do worse, I'm all for.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Well, amazingly, Bush still has around a 30% approval rating, so even though you'd THINK his endorsement would hurt McCain, I think it will strengthen him.

I'm not really too worried though, as the numbers I'm seeing weigh HEAVILY in favor that the next president will be Democratic, and with good reason.

I think this Democratic race is the actual presidential election taking place.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

This is our current President's father endorsing McCain, although Junior has mentioned he'll endorse the GOP 'winner.'

I am not worried about McCain winning the GOP vote, but I am rather pissed off that Paul didn't get more coverage and in turn the primary.

I would also be surprised if Obama doesn't come out with a win. We've seen what a GOP-dominated government can do to the country and the vast majority of us don't want to see it again for a while anyway.

Not that the Democrats are any better...But they seem to be slightly less insane.

Slightly .

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Ahhh, forgive me for missing that. You were referring to senior, and I was referring to egg-head....I mean W. I'm getting kind of tired.

Well, it's still pretty much the same scenario anyway.

As far as Obama winning, this unfair super-delegate thing is scaring me a bit. I guess we'll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The Clintons in power again would be a great detriment to the country. I really don't want to see Hillary as President.

The problem with her running, is that she is getting the 'sex' card.

A lot of women are voting for her because she is a woman. Not her issues or her past experiences or any other merits. Simply due to her estrogen count.

Its pretty ridiculous.

You can do a quick search of the news to see she has the 'woman' vote cornered, but not for reasons you would think.

She's getting the pity vote and the sex vote. That's it.

I don't know anyone who actually likes her to be honest...

I think some people will vote (and are voting now) for Obama because they dislike Hillary so much.

I don't really want to see the Clintons get another shot at the White House. Once is enough.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand...Bush's endorsement.

This is significant for those of us who actually care what the Bush family says.

For some GOP members, this is a great thing. I could honestly give a # less what the Bush family thinks, but that's my opinion.

I can't speak for the rest of the country.

new topics

top topics

join