It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round 1. FreeThinkerIdealist v Coven: Alien Abductions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
10,000 characters is nice. I don't always use them all, sometimes I use every last bit of it and reword and change things to get every character I can
Good thing there is the limit, because if there wasn't, posts would be insanely long!

Isn't the 10k limit due to page size to lessen server load? I believe that is the reason I read.

I think the 24 hour limit really makes you work for it sometimes

Skyfloating and I's debate went really quick, both of us doing well with quick responses. It seems there is always some in the tournament that kind of lag a bit. I can understand, since, if you had one of us responding as soon as you post, and you checked back the following evening only to find you have a couple hours to respond can be a bit constraining

Well, having a high-ranking Scientology member, and a well studied, well informed member of the anons to come and take the con position it would be a great debate, and I don't know if 5 responses would be enough!

From what I have seen, though anons can be rude, they do that to their own ... but take a more passive stance in the fight, because they know who they are fighting against, and how to properly win against their adversary. While some of the films I have watched show the scientologist to be trained to be more aggressive.

It would be a fun battle to watch and see who breaks civility and goes ad hominem first.

I believe we do have some anons here ... but, they couldn't really argue as anon if they took up a handle! I have definitely seen some scientologists around. I wouldn't want to take on the debate, since I am not educated enough in the subject to give a good argument for or against.

There are some people I would love to see debate on certain topics. I suppose they just aren't interested in it. Also, I think it would be funny if mods saw two members with consistent arguments in a particular field tell them to take it to the debate forum ... and let it run and be regulated until they were both exhuasted and let the members vote, and the judges judge. Just a silly idea of mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Agree one hundred percent. Now if only we can get a Scientologist and a member of Anonymous to play along for five rounds in this forum...

I'm down for the Anonymous side... if vagabond assigns me the scientologist I'll just concede the debate

Coven

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Maybe if not in this tourney, you can get it on a exhibition match.

Are there any scientologists in the fighter ranks already?

It would be quite exciting, as long as both keep their cool, I see coven will

I am rooting for you coven!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

An outstanding debate and worthy of the Debate Forum Records....

FTI,

I read this debate twice, once for entertainment and once to prepare for Coven in the tourney and I must say you did one heck of a job... You had the obvious weaker position and pretty much stayed the course...

You are a dangerous opponent and I salute your battle...

Coven,

Not too much praise for you as I will battle you in a day or so, but suffice it to say I am impressed....

Semper

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Coven,

Not too much praise for you as I will battle you in a day or so, but suffice it to say I am impressed....

Semper

Uhmmm.... Gulp...

*note that was a nervous gulp* *rolls on his back and submits to the god of ATS debate*

Dammit, I wanted a challenge but not a david vs. goliath one...

I promise I'll try my hardest to slay the mighty debating beast that is Semper Fortis. But i'm not makin' any promises

Coven

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Make no mistake about it my friend, I am going to make you work during this debate, but would you have it any other way?. I have read your work and I am impressed and anticipate a wonderfully challenging debate that could go either way...

Good luck to you and let's have fun!!!!!

Semper

<< 1   >>

join