It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me your tattoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've always had a love for the art of tattooing... I feel if done correctly that they can tell a story of yourself at a certain time in your life. Whether it be a tribute tattoo, a memorial, or just something that you are really passionate about, the artistic talent behind all the detailing that a tattoo artist can capture is just brilliant...

I only have 2 tattoo's myself, one of a "dalmatian puppy", sitting in a puddle of water above my left shoulder, my first tattoo, I got when I was 21. And my last one I have of a rose and banner above my left ankle with my husband's name, which I got about 3 years ago..

Just recently I came across a show on "foxtel" (which is like cable), called "miami ink" and "la ink"... and I began to really appreciate the art form. Tattooing has been dealt its fair share of flack over the years however, I feel its being respected alot more now....

I am endeavouring to have a portrait tattoo of my daughter (full sleave) done, firstly when I can save for it and lastly when I can find the right person to do it.. If ONLY I was in Miami or LA!

[edit on 10/02/2008 by Paulene-abeth]

[edit on 10/02/2008 by Paulene-abeth]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi

Im glad you found the shows "Miami Ink & LA Ink". I love the shows and plan on getting a tattoo soon, but im not sure what to get. I want to get some mythical creature - Dragons, Wizards, but still not sure.

Anyway some information on the shows, The women that runs the LA Ink shop, used to work for the guys at Miami Ink, but they fired her so she went and started up LA Ink.. Her name is Kat and i think it was a revenge thing, but both are great shows, and the art is amazing.

Stay safe..

EDIT: Im glad to meet someone from Perth!! If you dont mind - what suburb do you live in? Mum Lives in Landsdale & dad lives in cloverdale..
So yea (Sucks when your parents split up).

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hi there.

Yeah I'm kinda addicted to them shows myself at the moment... Her name is Kat Von D. She's amazing. cool chick..

Nice to see a local Perth person in here besides myself and my hubby (the one that designed your avatar!!!! I'm in Gosnells.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulene-abeth

Oh lol, give Im a Marty a "thanks for the avatar" from JDN24

Cheers

top topics

join